The 2019 Steven Wilson Rush "Synth" Year Remixes In 5.1 On Blu-ray: 1982-1987! Would You Buy Them?

RUSHHEAD666

I'm really loving the new YES Steven Wilson remixes tonight! Holy Yes Balls! Steven Wilson is the true "Sound Chaser" in my mind! LOL!

The Japanese pressings are done in HQ mastering too. Delicious for my ears! The US pressings are done on blu-ray. I don't have those yet.

I am loving the way Steven is transforming classic prog albums into a modern sound with current technologies.

Jethro Tull

ELP

Gentle Giant

Yes

So if Geddy goes got Steven and asked him to remix the "synth" years of Rush music would you be totally pumped and buy them?

The Wison YES remixes come in a box set on vinyl. Must be Heaven. I wish they would do a box set for the cds too but not even Japane did it.

All are sold separately.

So, if Steven did:

"Signals"

"Grace Under Pressure"

"Power Windows"

"Hold Your Fire"

Are you IN???

All four albums would come housed in a beautiful box on vinyl with new original art done by Wilson himself with Syme collaboration.

I'm licking my chops for this to happen!!

"Anything can happen!"

Love,

"Prime Mover"

• Like 1

Earl, get the Japanese Signals vinyl. The bass pedals will make your trousers flutter in awe.
  • Like 1

Earl, get the Japanese Signals vinyl. The bass pedals will make your trousers flutter in awe.

Hahaha! I have one my brother! I have every Japanese Rush album in mint condition with obi! I'm a "Bad Boy." I don't have a record player!

I dig the MFSL gold cd of "Signals" with the missing lyric on "The Weapon." That tripped me out the first time I heard that disc!

• Like 1

Hahaha! I have one my brother! I have every Japanese Rush album in mint condition with obi! I'm a "Bad Boy." I don't have a record player!

I dig the MFSL gold cd of "Signals" with the missing lyric on "The Weapon." That tripped me out the first time I heard that disc!

Ge-ti-fer a record player and enjoy the dynamics you've missed for so long.

Vinyl, the medium the music was made for at the time.

• Like 2

Hahaha! Love you buddy!! I need to get a record player but there is no room for it in my system! I can't put the thing on top of my red hot receiver!

I know I'm missing out on this medium but any crackle or pop will drive me nuts!

• Like 1

Hahaha! Love you buddy!! I need to get a record player but there is no room for it in my system! I can't put the thing on top of my red hot receiver!

I know I'm missing out on this medium but any crackle or pop will drive me nuts!

Not if your records are clean and clear. Trust me, sooner or later your epic-gastrium will thank you for the bass. :16ton:

• Like 1

Not if your records are clean and clear. Trust me, sooner or later your epic-gastrium will thank you for the bass. :16ton:

Hahaha! I am sure they are clean and clear and yes, I trust you!!! I seriously want to meet you one year.

I just looked up a map. Scotland and Ireland are only 148 miles apart.

If I ever get the time and money to go I'm in. Alimony is a bitch, but my child support ends in June brother! That's 375 a week I will save! Oh and I have no problem sharing this info in public.

I've been raked over the coals yet here I am baby! STILL ROCKING!

Cheers!

"LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS!"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

• Like 1

Did the Yes Steven Wilson remixes ever get reissued on Blu-ray? Looking around, I only see a vinyl version.

Thank goodness for your post! I was wrong.

I was confused with the earlier Wilson Yes pressings.

I believe the 2019 cd pressings are only from Japan in HQ format.

Sorry for the confusion.

I would hope that Wilson does a blu-ray versions of each too.

Steven said recently on facebook he no longer had the time to do remixes for others and had recently turned down several projects he would of liked to have of done.

Iirc he was working on some tangerine dream and jethro tull at present time but then back to his solo album work.

He said his next disc will be darker than to the bone.

• Like 1

Hahaha! I am sure they are clean and clear and yes, I trust you!!! I seriously want to meet you one year.

If I ever get the time and money to go I'm in. Alimony is a bitch, but my child support ends in June brother! That's 375 a week I will save! Oh and I have no problem sharing this info in public.

Cheers!

"LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS!"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

$375/week...I feel your pain brother... Try on $675/week for three years. :wacko: ... I thought I died and went to Heaven the day she got remarried. True story... I was in my office with my door closed for my lunch break listening to CoS when my daughter called and told me her mom was getting remarried. The Holy Triumvirate stepped in and saved me once again. :rush:

Steven said recently on facebook he no longer had the time to do remixes for others and had recently turned down several projects he would of liked to have of done.

Iirc he was working on some tangerine dream and jethro tull at present time but then back to his solo album work.

Well Tangy that's ok. I hope Steven would remix "Force Majeure" someday. My fave!

As for a darker "Bone" praise the Universe! Enough pop crap! Glad he got it out of his system.

Too bad you aren't tell us about a Porcupine Tree reunion record and tour!

• Like 1

Cheers!

"LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS!"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

$375/week...I feel your pain brother... Try on $675/week for three years. :wacko: ... I thought I died and went to Heaven the day she got remarried. True story... I was in my office with my door closed for my lunch break listening to CoS when my daughter called and told me her mom was getting remarried. The Holy Triumvirate stepped in and saved me once again. :rush:

Cheers!

"LOVE IS FOR SUCKERS!"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

Thanks brother! It is brutal but it's life and I'm paying my dues!! As ELP would play, you are a "Lucky Man!" My ex won't even date. She loves getting two free paychecks.

Ahhhhhhhhh the real American Dream!

The bread winners always lose!!

F IT!

I'll pay my dues like any responsible man or woman.

Well Tangy that's ok. I hope Steven would remix "Force Majeure" someday. My fave!

As for a darker "Bone" praise the Universe! Enough pop crap! Glad he got it out of his system.

Too bad you aren't tell us about a Porcupine Tree reunion record and tour!

To the bone is my fave by sw since foabp.

I had pretty much given up on him.

I think that 99.9% of any reissues buy any band are just a way to grab money from the completists in the crowd!

I like the original LP versions, and the reissues when they converted to digital and fixed them! After that... no.... (even though I'm a Steven Wilson fan)

Too bad SW has no time to remix any Rush albums. That would have been awesome...

At least he managed to remix the '80s trio of King Crimson albums.

Glad to have caught the second to last show on the To The Bone tour here in Moscow a couple weeks back. Definitely look forward to whatever he decides to do next, even if it isn't remixing Rush.

• Like 1

Too bad SW has no time to remix any Rush albums. That would have been awesome...

At least he managed to remix the '80s trio of King Crimson albums.

Glad to have caught the second to last show on the To The Bone tour here in Moscow a couple weeks back. Definitely look forward to whatever he decides to do next, even if it isn't remixing Rush.

Nice! I caught that tour. It was great. Kind of resparked my interest in him and pt. I listened to the bbc intetview from 1996 yesterday.

Did the Yes Steven Wilson remixes ever get reissued on Blu-ray? Looking around, I only see a vinyl version.

They are available on Blu-ray in the UK, together with a cd.

The Yes Album is stunning.

The others are excellent too.

Edit: I see they are also available on amazon.com

Edited by ChrisUK

Well, I lost ALL respect for Steven Wilson. A great musician, but highly unprofessional and arrogant. One of the worst things one could is publically slam another band. He had some horrible things to say about Greta Van Fleet. He's probably just jealous of their immediate success.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/03/steven-wilson-greta-van-fleet-boy-band-led-zeppelin/