Hello y'all: an introduction

spaceaudity11

Hi!

I'm sorry if my long and rambling introduction of myself is annoying or burdensome to read, but I thought it might be nice for me to give a brief intro before I truly involve myself in the forum. I wasn't sure where to put this, so I put it in the "New World Women" section in order to meet some fellow female Rush fans!

My name is Audrey, I am a high school senior from rural Maine (I will be attending Boston College in the fall. Woooh, go eagles!) Relating to college, I wrote my supplement for BC using the prompt "Great art evokes a sense of wonder. It nourishes the mind and spirit. Is there a particular song, poem, speech, or novel from which you have drawn insight or inspiration?" and wrote about how The Trees influenced my intellectual curiosity and introduced me to the philosophy of Ayn Rand.

I have been a fan of Rush since I was 6 and my father (a HUGE Rush fan) introduced me to Snakes and Arrows, which at that point had just come out. I was enthralled and have been a fan ever since. I am incredibly lucky and grateful that I got the opportunity to see them in concert 4 times (not a lot compared to some of you, but I am young, give me a break!) My favorite Rush album has changed many times over the years, but at the moment it is probably either Permanent Waves or Hemispheres?

I listen to a wide variety of other musical artists including (but not limited to): R.E.M, Talking Heads, Primus, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Triumph, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Yes and Genesis (I also love jazz, but didn't put all of my favorite jazz musicians)! However, Rush is my personal favorite, and I am known to obsess over them. I essentially made this account to have a place to nerd out about my favorite band without annoying people around me.

I hope to spend some quality time here and get to know all of you!

Edited by spaceaudity11
  • Like 7

Welcome Audrey. You have good taste in your music preferences.

Where were cool chicks like you when I went to high school? *sigh*

If you're open to jazz, I suggest Pat Metheny.

Edited by HemiBeers

Welcome Audrey. You have good taste in your music preferences.

Where were cool chicks like you when I went to high school? *sigh*

If you're open to jazz, I suggest Pat Metheny.

I really like Pat Metheny! I don't have a TON of exposure to him, but what I have heard is excellent. I personally love and listen to a lot of Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Charles Mingus and Duke Ellington. I also love a lot of jazz trumpet players (I am a trumpet player sooooo).

"Welcome, on here to the Rush Forum, too, Audrey".
  • Like 1

So you're from Maine are you? Have you lived in one of those small towns where vampires gradually take over the whole place after a shifty-looking antiques dealer shows up? Or a crazy clown who looks like Tim Curry or that new guy? Or did your whole town start turning into aliens? Or were you attacked by an insane living pseudonym who thought you stole his story or his name or something? Or did you go to school with a girl who would light fires with her mind or move objects or was your teacher able to see the future just by touching someone and he saw Donald Trump come to power in a vision but he looked like Martin Sheen??
  • Like 2

So you're from Maine are you? Have you lived in one of those small towns where vampires gradually take over the whole place after a shifty-looking antiques dealer shows up? Or a crazy clown who looks like Tim Curry or that new guy? Or did your whole town start turning into aliens? Or were you attacked by an insane living pseudonym who thought you stole his story or his name or something? Or did you go to school with a girl who would light fires with her mind or move objects or was your teacher able to see the future just by touching someone and he saw Donald Trump come to power in a vision but he looked like Martin Sheen??

Yes, I DO live in every single Stephen King novel. I also only speak in a thick Maine accent and don't pronounce any r's. Paaahk, caaaah, chowdaaah, the whole nine yahhhds.

Edited by spaceaudity11
  • Like 1

Yes, I DO live in every single Stephen King novel. I also only speak in a thick Maine accent and don't pronounce any r's. Paaahk, caaaah, chowdaaah, the whole nine yahhhds.

Chick Corea has kind of got an accent like that...

A real Mainer, eh?

Screw Stephen King (well, not literally, that would suck for both of us), Hallmark movies are where it's at...

• Like 2

A real Mainer, eh?

Screw Stephen King (well, not literally, that would suck for both of us), Hallmark movies are where it's at...

King does most of his work on twitter these days. Luckily he's limited to 140 characters, normally he uses about 140,000,000 characters and that's just the prologue.