Did the Counterparts Messageboard blow up?

chemistry1973

Oh-oh, better build a wall to keep these displaced souls out.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Who let all of this riff-raff into the room? There's one smoking a joint!"

Oh-oh.

:smoke:

You're starting to mimick POTUS.....that SCARES ME!37uog3w.gif

I was mimicking Roger "fun-and-games" Waters. But you're right: that scares me too! :LOL:

As a Canadian, I don't know what POTUS is. Doesn't it have something to do with pee? :huh:

Has something to do with a wall, not the Pink Floyd kind. Oh, and orange. Orange pee wall?

• Like 3

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

The more the better, and CP has too much history to just dismiss them.

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

I provide valuable content that you can't get over there.

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

I got banned there after one warning so I tbh imo wouldn't call it looser.

Been banned from 5 websites including TRF for a week and it isn't fun tbh.

I have a very hard time believing that. Unless you personally attack someone, you can get away with basically anything. If you did personally attack someone, you deserved to be banned.

It was because I had access to the "adult" thread.

Hmm. If you were given that but weren't an adult, then whoever did that is the screw up, unless you gave them false info. I'm sure if you wanted to re-join (if it ever becomes available) they'd take you.

• Like 2

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

The more the better, and CP has too much history to just dismiss them.

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

I provide valuable content that you can't get over there.

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

I got banned there after one warning so I tbh imo wouldn't call it looser.

Been banned from 5 websites including TRF for a week and it isn't fun tbh.

I have a very hard time believing that. Unless you personally attack someone, you can get away with basically anything. If you did personally attack someone, you deserved to be banned.

It was because I had access to the "adult" thread.

Hmm. If you were given that but weren't an adult, then whoever did that is the screw up, unless you gave them false info. I'm sure if you wanted to re-join (if it ever becomes available) they'd take you.

I said in my profile I was 16 soooooooooooooooo...

They probs would but tbh I would rather stay away from having lots of accounts on places. Too cluttered atm.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

Oh-oh, better build a wall to keep these displaced souls out.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Who let all of this riff-raff into the room? There's one smoking a joint!"

Oh-oh.

:smoke:

You're starting to mimick POTUS.....that SCARES ME!37uog3w.gif

I was mimicking Roger "fun-and-games" Waters. But you're right: that scares me too! :LOL:

As a Canadian, I don't know what POTUS is. Doesn't it have something to do with pee? :huh:

In this case, it is debateable. Pot US is President Of The United States, [TRUMP] and a bunch of us, what with him always talking about his "WALL" sparked that in my brain!

qZ2cAX3.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2

I never really posted much over there, but never thought that it was a particularly edgy board or anything........

Never really saw the point of the I'm Bored thread, but each to their own.

I do remember it being somewhat to the Left politically compared to this forum.

• Like 3

I never really posted much over there, but never thought that it was a particularly edgy board or anything........

That's not very hard to achieve. :LOL:
  • Like 5

The I'm Bored thread was particular, and it's crew had a special kind of 'stream of consciousness' style of posting. Believe it or not, it wasn't all about superposting and post counts like people claim. There was actual communication and conversations going on. But few stuck around long enough to find out. If you hung around there long enough you could get into a groove and it was a lot of fun. If you didn't bother, you didn't get it. Heck, some of us that hung out there are still friends and communicate w/ each other on a regular basis.

• Like 3

The I'm Bored thread was particular, and it's crew had a special kind of 'stream of consciousness' style of posting. Believe it or not, it wasn't all about superposting and post counts like people claim. There was actual communication and conversations going on. But few stuck around long enough to find out. If you hung around there long enough you could get into a groove and it was a lot of fun. If you didn't bother, you didn't get it. Heck, some of us that hung out there are still friends and communicate w/ each other on a regular basis.

Sorry, life is just too short........

For what? Getting to know people (at least online) and having fun posting?

• Like 3

For what? Getting to know people (at least online) and having fun posting?

The Bored thread was a vortex of procrastination and in jokes...I'm quite sure some folk enjoyed it but couldn't be arsed myself

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

• Like 2

Holy shit - looks like the board is truly gone.

Damn.

Source? [Although I, too, Hope NOT.]

IzAyht2.png

It’s been almost 2 weeks I think.

This sucks. Good luck to Joe and finding a decent server!

FzeGZl4.jpg

• Like 1

Never saw it as edgy either. I used to post there maybe 15-17 years ago when (I think) it was Ken and Julie in San Fran as the admins. Names sound right but I could be wrong. It was a decent board then but I left because the real world got busy. When I returned a few years later it had changed. Imo it had become the standard message board fare of people talking crap to each other but nothing too nuts. I certainly never thought of it as the oft-mentioned biker bar.

• Like 1

Never saw it as edgy either. I used to post there maybe 15-17 years ago when (I think) it was Ken and Julie in San Fran as the admins. Names sound right but I could be wrong. It was a decent board then but I left because the real world got busy. When I returned a few years later it had changed. Imo it had become the standard message board fare of people talking crap to each other but nothing too nuts. I certainly never thought of it as the oft-mentioned biker bar.

Compared to Trinet it was a drunken brawl of a biker bar. Compared to here, maybe just a few tipsy bikers.

Compared to Trinet it was a drunken brawl of a biker bar. Compared to here, maybe just a few tipsy bikers.

Ah ok. I never did see Trinet. Before Counterparts I was on the My Favorite Headache/Geddy Lee board. And I remember some of those members moved over to Counterparts. At least in those early days that I first mentioned, Counterparts was very far from a biker bar if you compared it to anything really. But yeah, there was definitely a change when I visited again a few or more years after that

• Like 2

This was posted on the Counterparts FB page yesterday, I assume it's from Joe/FJ:

Hey gang I know we are still down. It’s really not our actual content or database that’s down. It’s just our host not being attentive. Will get this resolved. Thanks for your patience, miss you all.
Edited by BK 2112
  • Like 2

Another pointless comment by our resident dirty hippie.

Another pointless comment by our resident dirty hippie.

And, another brainless statement by our Redneck Gearhead.....

qZ2cAX3.gif