• Classical
    • New Wave
    • Jazz
    • Celtic
    • New Age
    • Disco
    • Reggae
    • Techno

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 12 2005, 10:47 AM)
i'm dissapointed by these results - all of these votes for rap/hip hop - it's an insult to how bad country music is, making it seem like it's not as bad as it is. ohmy.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/bancountry.jpg

I agree. Listening to country music should be illegal everywhere except in Nashville, Tennessee. 062802puke_prv.gif

I would have to say Hip hop/Rap. This type of music takes no ability whatsoever. I can very easily write some offensive "lyrics" or words that could offend anyone, and put them to a cheep, stupid, boring beat from a drum machine and get some hot girls to dance in the background of me Rapin these words. Not too tuff. Thats why I hate it. and i can usually listen to just about anything, but this, no way i cant stand it!

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Oct 11 2005, 01:04 PM)
Rap shouldn't be on the list, as there's basically no music involved in it.

Fine then, make a rap CD that actually sounds like a rap CD. Go ahead. I challenge you to do it.

So called "adult contemporary/easy listening/MOR" type stuff is really what should be on this list.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 11 2005, 02:26 AM)
Emo is my choice on this one. Damn I disklike that genre. Bands like Taking Back Sunday, American Hi-Fi, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, dashboard confessional, and a whole other bunch I can't think of, just make me want to 062802puke_prv.gif when I hear them. I think they suck balls!!!!

Death To the Infadels of Music 1287.gif pokey.gif scared.gif
waffen093.gif Emo

None of the bands you listed are emo.

Death to the infidels that don't know music... waffen093.gif

Rap.

I really don't know what emo is but I don't think it would matter.

My answer would still be rap.

I despise this stuff more than I could ever put into words.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 12 2005, 06:47 AM)
i'm dissapointed by these results - all of these votes for rap/hip hop - it's an insult to how bad country music is, making it seem like it's not as bad as it is. ohmy.gif

The only thing I can say for country is that it can be called music, rap/hip-hop is not even a form of music. no.gif

QUOTE (defrushfan01 @ Oct 12 2005, 11:21 AM)
I would have to say Hip hop/Rap. This type of music takes no ability whatsoever. I can very easily write some offensive "lyrics" or words that could offend anyone, and put them to a cheep, stupid, boring beat from a drum machine and get some hot girls to dance in the background of me Rapin these words. Not too tuff. Thats why I hate it. and i can usually listen to just about anything, but this, no way i cant stand it!

Very well said.

I echo your sentiments. I know exactly where you are coming from.

Although I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I could do this crap simply because I have a basso profundo voice. It would be such a novelty. Hey, check out the white guy with the booming baritone & the filthy lyrics. Check out the scratcher on the turntable. Wow, those chicks sure are hot!

What an act, we gotta get them on SNL or Carson Daly.

NOT!!

Edited by war2112

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Oct 15 2005, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 12 2005, 06:47 AM)
i'm dissapointed by these results - all of these votes for rap/hip hop - it's an insult to how bad country music is, making it seem like it's not as bad as it is.  ohmy.gif

The only thing I can say for country is that it can be called music, rap/hip-hop is not even a form of music. no.gif

i remember when rap hit it really big in the mid 80's with Run DMC - I thought at the time, oh, this is just a fad that will die out soon. Here I am 20 years later waiting for the fad to die out, but the f*cker just won't die!

http://pics.homere.jmsp.net/t_24/101x80/ADEA04.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 12 2005, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Oct 11 2005, 01:04 PM)
Rap shouldn't be on the list, as there's basically no music involved in it.

Fine then, make a rap CD that actually sounds like a rap CD. Go ahead. I challenge you to do it.

So called "adult contemporary/easy listening/MOR" type stuff is really what should be on this list.

It's an art form.

But it's not music

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 15 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Oct 11 2005, 02:21 AM)
Every form of music, no matter how much my personal distaste, is in some way valid if it appeals to no one else but the person making it.

--

Kinda like any form of thread??? Hmmmm? confused13.gif

Supergroup threads 1022.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 13 2005, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 11 2005, 02:26 AM)
Emo is my choice on this one. Damn I disklike that genre. Bands like Taking Back Sunday, American Hi-Fi, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte, dashboard confessional, and a whole other bunch I can't think of, just make me want to 062802puke_prv.gif when I hear them. I think they suck balls!!!!

Death To the Infadels of Music 1287.gif  pokey.gif  scared.gif
waffen093.gif Emo

None of the bands you listed are emo.

Death to the infidels that don't know music... waffen093.gif

The only bands I would agree that are not really emo are good charlotte and American Hi-Fi, they are more fag poser punk music. They still have the Emoesque sound. Like a little boy throwing a temper tantrum. Emo, Screamo, Emo Punk, it is all the same shitty type of music. Generic sounding crap that any no talent hack could play.

As for the rest of them:

links to sites classifying these bands as Emo

Dashboard Confessional

Taking Back Sunday

New Found Glory

These bands are all emo to me

Emo = No talent shitty music!!!!

Here is an Example of a Band that is the embodiment of Emo For Me. They are Called "Then I Truned Seven. If you go to this page and listen to the song "Good-bye I'm Sorry". That crap is Emo!! To me all the band I have listed all sound like crappy derivatives of this band. Actually all their songs are prime examples of Emo.

Then I turned Seven

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

Urban Dictionary? Any dumbass can go on there and put what they want.

Now I know you're going to say "Well the same thing applies to you", and I know it does. I'm not expecting you to believe what I say.

I'll give you Dashboard, they're somewhat emo. Maybe early Taking too... but Newfound Glory? Good Charlotte? Are you f***ing crazy? Pop-Punk is NOT emo.

Bands who's main sound is power chords and screaming about how "my girlfriend told me I sucked.... well, f**k her!!", or "the girl I like is gay" isn't emo. Emo bands are actually melodic, and the lyrics usually mean something.

I'm not a big fan of many emo bands, but I will defend them. Because being compared to Good Charlotte is just horrible.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 15 2005, 11:02 PM)
Urban Dictionary? Any dumbass can go on there and put what they want.

Now I know you're going to say "Well the same thing applies to you", and I know it does. I'm not expecting you to believe what I say.

I'll give you Dashboard, they're somewhat emo. Maybe early Taking too... but Newfound Glory? Good Charlotte? Are you f***ing crazy? Pop-Punk is NOT emo.

Bands who's main sound is power chords and screaming about how "my girlfriend told me I sucked.... well, f**k her!!", or "the girl I like is gay" isn't emo. Emo bands are actually melodic, and the lyrics usually mean something.

I'm not a big fan of many emo bands, but I will defend them. Because being compared to Good Charlotte is just horrible.

Urban dictionary or not. Emo fans consider this emo. Regardless it's all the same it sounds like shit. At least we both agree on that.

All the same shit - Emo, Screamo, Emo Punk, Pop punk. it's shitty and is in the same class to me they all sound like they come from the same pile of dog vomit.

I did agree that Good Charlotte and American Hi-Fi weren't really emo. Although they sound like the other bands.

Maybe I'm showing my age, but does "emo" stand for and what kind of music is it exactly?

Name some very well known bands to help with my question too.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 17 2005, 12:55 PM)
Maybe I'm showing my age, but does "emo" stand for and what kind of music is it exactly?

I always thought emo is more of a lifestyle.

Hair that looks something like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/sevendevilhell/hxthjaur.jpg

and emo kids get real into their music, and buy old vinyls.

There's also the cutter stereotype.

And emo music is any music in any genre by guys that are emo.

Thats just what i think....

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 17 2005, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 16 2005, 07:53 PM)
Regardless it's all the same it sounds like shit. At least we both agree on that.

I never said it sounded like shit.

okay well me and millions of others except for you think it sounds like shit.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Oct 17 2005, 04:17 PM)

I always thought emo is more of a lifestyle.

Hair that looks something like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/sevendevilhell/hxthjaur.jpg

and emo kids get real into their music, and buy old vinyls.

There's also the cutter stereotype.

And emo music is any music in any genre by guys that are emo.

Thats just what i think....

you forgot to close that tag EM

Emo stands for - Emotional Music or so I have read. It's basically a bunch of young people that know shit about life, crying about their pseudo hardships. It's a newer junk genre. You usually don't see any emo bands with memebers 35+, because at that point in your life you know just how damn hard it can be and wish for the trouble of when you were a youth. Sorta like whining about living at home and how it sucks blah blah blah. Then you realize you actually had it pretty good. Seems the whinier and more complaining the lyrics are the more popular the band is 062802puke_prv.gif . Of course though, I will say it does give the kids the feeling that someone else understands their troubles, regardless of how trivial I think it all is.

I still say the whole genre is garbage.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 17 2005, 06:49 PM)

Emo stands for - Emotional Music or so I have read. It's basically a bunch of young people that know shit about life, crying about their pseudo hardships. It's a newer junk genre. You usually don't see any emo bands with memebers 35+, because at that point in your life you know just how damn hard it can be and wish for the trouble of when you were a youth. Sorta like whining about living at home and how it sucks blah blah blah. Then you realize you actually had it pretty good. Seems the whinier and more complaining the lyrics are the more popular the band is 062802puke_prv.gif . Of course though, I will say it does give the kids the feeling that someone else understands their troubles, regardless of how trivial I think it all is.

I still say the whole genre is garbage.

Okay, first of all it's not f***ing new. Emo's been around. And the f***ing lyrics aren't f***ing whiny. Clearly what YOU and millions of others think is emo is a bunch of over-hyped media BULLSHIT. A certain lifestyle has also derived from the music genre, but most of that lifestyle is from the media f*ckers too.

Actual emo bands (who have plenty of non-teenage members) are not always whining, they don't dress the way you think all "emo" people dress, and they actually have some TALENT.

And about those "emo" people... If they want to dress a certain way, write lyrics a certain way, LIVE a certain way, who the hell are you to question them?? If they want to f***ing wear makeup and girls pants, LET THEM!

I'll bet most of the would think you're a stupid shithead (that's basically what you've been calling them this whole time) for spelling monkey with two e's. And I'd bet you'd freak out if they said that!!

So just f***ing leave them alone...

Oh hell, I don't even care anymore. f**k this.