Rush fan day at RRHOF

Laurabw

Oooh this sounds fun, Alex is so funny.

"Join us at the Rock Hall on Saturday, January 19 as we celebrate RUSH Fan Day! We'll be holding a Hall of Fame Series interview with 2013 Inductees Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee, opening a new exhibit of bass guitars from Lee's globe-spanning collection, holding an exclusive book signing with Geddy Lee (book signing only available to event ticket holders), and showcasing Rush induction footage all day in the Foster Theater."

Http://info.rockhall.com/rush-fan-day-at-the-rock-hall_1?ecid=ACsprvtHd-rlb1tt1xZ7QocrohPgXUQHIkf74zIzymxe2Si7OetRsc4kUNthieSV5M3ZxM4G4-cg&utm_campaign=Development&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=68857808&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8o44SIstj4VhMsn84a-gHvdxmQ4wWeHC9lVNeA_75c4e3BCcJbuazHy2L57nmb3GiN87SIkH1FcJCVKPqi8YozvTLu2g&_hsmi=6

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 6

"Join us at the Rock Hall on Saturday, January 19 as we celebrate RUSH Fan Day! We'll be holding a Hall of Fame Series interview with 2013 Inductees Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee, opening a new exhibit of bass guitars from Lee's globe-spanning collection, holding an exclusive book signing with Geddy Lee (book signing only available to event ticket holders), and showcasing Rush induction footage all day in the Foster Theater."

Http://info.rockhall.com/rush-fan-day-at-the-rock-hall_1?ecid=ACsprvtHd-rlb1tt1xZ7QocrohPgXUQHIkf74zIzymxe2Si7OetRsc4kUNthieSV5M3ZxM4G4-cg&utm_campaign=Development&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=68857808&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8o44SIstj4VhMsn84a-gHvdxmQ4wWeHC9lVNeA_75c4e3BCcJbuazHy2L57nmb3GiN87SIkH1FcJCVKPqi8YozvTLu2g&_hsmi=6

The RRHOF wanted nothing to do with Rush before, but now that they have seen how fanatical Rush fans can be, they are taking the opportunity to cash in on it.
  • Like 7

The RRHOF wanted nothing to do with Rush before, but now that they have seen how fanatical Rush fans can be, they are taking the opportunity to cash in on it.

Ofc as always they want money.

Regardless, to hear Alex interview Geddy and then do the book signing (again), I'd give them my money. Plus seeing the basses would be cool.
  • Like 3

Regardless, to hear Alex interview Geddy and then do the book signing (again), I'd give them my money. Plus seeing the basses would be cool.

Don't get me wrong. I was not trying to rain on your parade. I was just stating a fact.
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I was not trying to rain on your parade. I was just stating a fact.

Oh, I know, I didn't take it that way. I'm sure you're right. The marketing people wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't see this opportunity right in front of them.

Ticket prices seem very reasonable considering it includes a copy of Mr Lees new book!

"Tickets are $100 for Rock Hall members and $125 for non-members. Each ticket includes a copy of Lee’s new book ($75), access to the Hall of Fame interview and book signing, a commemorative credential, and access to the Rock Hall’s exhibits, including the new Geddy Lee bass guitar exhibit."

very reasonable!

• Like 1

I'm sure that is part of it but the RRHOF is one of the better venues in the city for something like this. I think Geddy, and I know for sure, Alex, felt bad that Cleveland was not included on the R40 tour and this may be to make up for that a little.

• Like 2

My thoughts exactly.

Thought about driving over from Chicago, but forgot to calendar the ticket sale date/time. I'm sure they sold it out within minutes. Can't find any on resale sites. Crap.

I'm on another Rush FB site that said the RRHOF had to reschedule the sale somewhat since the site crashed yesterday morning for the "members" presale.

RRHOF Members presale was rescheduled for 10 am this morning. Friends reported that those tickets sold out within about 20 minutes and there were lots of stories of the site freezing and people logging in but them being disconnected, etc.; general thought was that those on laptops seemed to have the best luck.

The ticket sale for the general public was delayed until Monday, January 14th at 10 AM (eastern) , so maybe you can try again Monday! Good luck! I hope you get to go! :)

From the posting:

"The general public on sale will be 10 a.m. EST on Monday, January 14, 2019. Tickets are $125.

There is a two ticket limit per transaction for both sales.

Thank you all for your patience this morning. Our system went down at the onset of the member pre-sale opportunity and no tickets were sold. We’re sorry for the frustration and confusion but we’re happy to report that we’ve resolved the issue.

To recap date changes for on sales:

Member pr-esale - Friday, January 11 @ 10am EST

Public sale - Monday, January 14 @ 10am EST"

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I was able to get a ticket through their weird lottery system. Did anyone else? We can have a mini TRF meetup during/after the event if anyone's interested.

You are lucky! There were so many people in my Rush FB group that got shut out. It turns out I'm not able to go on that date so I didn't try for tickets this am, but I hope you get to have a meet up! The ticket system sounds poor. Other people had stories of getting called this morning because they had tickets left in their cart from Friday, when they thought it had been sold out. It was nice of the RRHOF to do that though.

I was able to get a ticket through their weird lottery system. Did anyone else? We can have a mini TRF meetup during/after the event if anyone's interested.

There is supposed to be a Rushcon sponsored party after the RRHOF event; I haven't heard any details but let me know if you would like them, I'll ask someone.

And take photos !!!

You are lucky! There were so many people in my Rush FB group that got shut out. It turns out I'm not able to go on that date so I didn't try for tickets this am, but I hope you get to have a meet up! The ticket system sounds poor. Other people had stories of getting called this morning because they had tickets left in their cart from Friday, when they thought it had been sold out. It was nice of the RRHOF to do that though.

I cheated at work. I had my phone and my work computer open. One of them just got lucky since they used a lottery system. I think my luck may have run out since there may be a big blizzard that day. I'll try to get there early to get decent seats, and hopefully a picture with Geddy. For the price it really isn't a bad deal considering the book costs $50-75 and admission to the museum is $30. It's like a $50 upcharge to sit in for the interview and meet Geddy.

• Like 2

I hope you get to have a quick photo or selfie if you’re paying a premium, but it might depend how many people they let attend. If it’s hundreds, you might get cattle-herded thru like at other signings where they actively discourage any photo with geddy to prevent it from turning into an 8-hour nightmare.
  • Like 1

I hope you get to have a quick photo or selfie if you’re paying a premium, but it might depend how many people they let attend. If it’s hundreds, you might get cattle-herded thru like at other signings where they actively discourage any photo with geddy to prevent it from turning into an 8-hour nightmare.

Either way I don't mind. It's still a good value for what I paid. A handshake and a book is fine enough for me.

• Like 2