Greta Van Fleet sounds like Rush??

Thunder Bay Rush

I've heard a few criticisms of the SNL performance by Fleet. The first song they played had a rough live mix and the singer did miss a couple notes. The second was bang on... but for anyone still doubting their live sound, check this one from the Tonight Show back in August.

Okay I just saw 1 minute 26 seconds worth (totally serious) and the dude’s voice is as annoying as ever. Don’t know what more there is to say. No doubt I dislike his voice.

Fair comment... sort of like Geddy back in the early days. Some people just didn't like his voice. Josh does scream a lot, but I happen to like it. Some people definitely will not. My point about the Tonight Show video is that they sound good, which they do.

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this. I just read through the piece and what I found most interesting was how well spoken and intelligent Sam is for someone so young and thrown into the spotlight. He's only 19 but speaks like a 40 year old. And, his choices for top ten albums also shows his maturity. No mention of any modern-era bands. All old time, roots-based stuff that 99.9% of 19 year olds have never heard of.

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 2

I listened to this band quite a bit last night, everything was from the first two EP. Not the latest album. Yet nothing sounded like The Big Money or Time Stand Still.

If this kid going far and making millions of fans for life means he gets to talk more about music in articles or interviews, I don’t care what kind of music he makes. For those of you who like my posting style around here, this guy’s even younger than me and puts my style to shame. (To those who don’t, well now this isn’t a great comparison, is it?)

As I said earlier, if I happened to know any of these guys, I have a feeling we’d be fast friends. His taste is real, and he’s very real about it. Never mind that I love most of what he mentioned as well.

Listen to Age of Man, the first song of the new album. NOTHING like Led Z or anyone else. Just a well crafted rock song with very mature lyrics.
  • Like 3

Listen to Age of Man, the first song of the new album. NOTHING like Led Z or anyone else. Just a well crafted rock song with very mature lyrics.

THAAAAAANK YOOOOOUUUUUUU

I'm waiting for their Behind the Music where we find out their dad was some hippie Joe Jackson who smacked Michael Plant when he didn't dance hard enough to get the fringe on his vest shaking. Edited by Stormtron

I didnt want to like GVF, but they are kind of growing on me. Really like Black Smoke Rising.

Yes, they sound like LZ, but so did Rush at one time. They are young and I hope they progress more into their own sound, but so far they are starting to win me over. YMMV.

• Like 1

Van Halen Greet And Meet Vendeta

One of the worst blands, I mean bands on the planet.

Hell I still gave them my money.

I bough both albums.

Aluminum disc toilet paper to my ass.

Pure shite.

I'm the slandering slagging salamander Myles.

So what!

Wait...what? This again?

Ok. Lemme grab some popcorn.

Hahahaha!

Forum cliches about popcorn!

Butter me up baby! I'm "Slippery When Wet!"

Love,

BON JOVI

They're not heavy enough, that's the problem.

The drummer and the vocalist are weak as shit in a storm sewer.

Give me National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation baby!

Guitar and bass need to find a new band.

AYE!

AYE BROTHER!

F THIS POSER BAND!

Roger Daltry still has better hair than that poser vocalist!

I can't believe I drank the Jonestown Kool Aid on the first album.

I liked it.

Then my guardian angel tapped me on the shoulder on one cold winter night.

She whispered in my ear with a frosty wind from her deep breath....

"Wake up Earl."

Epic!

• Like 1

Rush sounds like Zeppelin on their first album but GFV doesn’t sound like Rush. There’s a lot of Zep in there but I’m hearing just as much of Black Crowes and White Stripes.

Praise Neil Peart.

Neil saved Rush.

Haters take off to the Great White North!

Sad to say almost totally uninterested in anything going around today, just glad my youth era was 80s/90s really, god help me but after Radiohead tailed off the only act that made any kind of impression on me was Kanye West in his live shows, guy's a real artist. There's nothing out there, nothing. The kids just arent doing it anymore :(

GVF nothing like Rush to me btw, seem decent if you into that kinda thing but not for me

80s and 90s were rubbish. What sort of rock music lover has nostalgia for the fecking 90s?

The 80's were fantastic music-wise. What hole were you living in during that decade?

I guess the same hole I was in. Not much of an 80s fan. I guess as great as the early 70s were, it's hard to compare.

So you are not a fan of the alternative muic in the 80's or the rise of heavy metal?

No problem with the rise of heavy metal. It was the technology and synths that killed it for me. Bye bye to the good ole' Fenders and Gibsons. Hello to the Carvels and Jacksons. WTF?? Not enough soul for me.

Sad to say almost totally uninterested in anything going around today, just glad my youth era was 80s/90s really, god help me but after Radiohead tailed off the only act that made any kind of impression on me was Kanye West in his live shows, guy's a real artist. There's nothing out there, nothing. The kids just arent doing it anymore :(

GVF nothing like Rush to me btw, seem decent if you into that kinda thing but not for me

80s and 90s were rubbish. What sort of rock music lover has nostalgia for the fecking 90s?

The 80's were fantastic music-wise. What hole were you living in during that decade?

I guess the same hole I was in. Not much of an 80s fan. I guess as great as the early 70s were, it's hard to compare.

So you are not a fan of the alternative muic in the 80's or the rise of heavy metal?

No problem with the rise of heavy metal. It was the technology and synths that killed it for me. Bye bye to the good ole' Fenders and Gibsons. Hello to the Carvels and Jacksons. WTF?? Not enough soul for me.

Funny you mentioned this... I read quite a few of the youtube comments on the GV Fleet videos saying how much they liked the "old school" things like: the Fender bass and the Gibson guitars, the Hammond organ, guitars plugged in (even the curly cord style) to actual Marshall amps on stage. And a bunch of people even noticed and mentioned the scaled down set of Ludwig drums, which we don't often see these days. It's usually DW, Yahama, Sonor or Tama...