Sector Box Sets

Segue Myles

The boxes are brilliant little brother. There were issues with "Fly By Night" and "A Farewell To Kings" during the first pressing. They mailed me the corrected versions. EPIC SOUND! However I agree,

GET THE JAPANESE SHM CDS!!!!!!!

Timing is everything. Listening to MP right now on SHM! EPIC! Cardboard mini LP sleeve and obi strip too! The complete package!!!!

Great that you love your CD's Earl, but seriously, soundwise they're nothing compared to the HD-Tracks!!! If you go the digital way than check them out. It's simple math, mate. What do you think sounds better?

CD:

Resolution: 16-bit

Samplerate: 44,100 Hz

HD-Tracks:

Resolution: up to 32-bit

Samplerate: up to 192,000 Hz

or even better, forget the digital shite (except the pretty new DSD format, which contains a samplerate up to 512 times that of a CD!!!), so sit back, relax and go back to the medium that music was originally made for. VINYL rulez!!!!

signed

The Analog Kid

Holy Shit Digital Man! YOU ROCK!!!!

I am old school but hell yes, HD RULES!!! I wish Steven Wilson would remaster all the Rush stuff!

Yes I am an audiophile junky too but I am addicted to the Japanese cd pressings like a crack whore snorting a line of sugar on San Pablo Ave!

Vinyl does RULE!

My home theater sounds tits though bud. Love the 5.1 surround. I have two subs behind my couches for extra punch!

I know the early cd pressings of Rush music sound like shite.

Apple Music and downloads are like a brown stool brigade in my Rush underoos.

I understand and yes, you are correct.

HD is the best way.

I have all the MFSL gold cds. SACD. XRCD Japan.

DCC Gold 24 karat cds mastered by the great Steve Hoffmann.

Damn.

I remember the day when "Hemispheres" came out pressed on a gold cd. I almost shit gold bricks myself.

I still have my Japanese MFSL pressing of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."

Still love the warmth of that disc.

You and I should start an Audiophile Podcast.

R Rated and unedited of course.

We would knock it out of the park!

"Knock It Dead Kid."

Love,

Motley Crue

Hell, no doubt about MFSL, Steve Hoffman remasters, Wilson remixes... All fantastic jobs!

Earl, if you haven't done it yet, download some HD-Tracks and do yourself a favour and connect your soundcard (pc) to the receiver of your stereo/5.1! You're just one cable away from the digital revelation that HD-Tracks are!!!

The digital formats are getting better and better, but for me nothing touches the warmth of a clean, clear vinyl!

• Like 1

The boxes are brilliant little brother. There were issues with "Fly By Night" and "A Farewell To Kings" during the first pressing. They mailed me the corrected versions. EPIC SOUND! However I agree,

GET THE JAPANESE SHM CDS!!!!!!!

Timing is everything. Listening to MP right now on SHM! EPIC! Cardboard mini LP sleeve and obi strip too! The complete package!!!!

Great that you love your CD's Earl, but seriously, soundwise they're nothing compared to the HD-Tracks!!! If you go the digital way than check them out. It's simple math, mate. What do you think sounds better?

CD:

Resolution: 16-bit

Samplerate: 44,100 Hz

HD-Tracks:

Resolution: up to 32-bit

Samplerate: up to 192,000 Hz

or even better, forget the digital shite (except the pretty new DSD format, which contains a samplerate up to 512 times that of a CD!!!), so sit back, relax and go back to the medium that music was originally made for. VINYL rulez!!!!

signed

The Analog Kid

Holy Shit Digital Man! YOU ROCK!!!!

I am old school but hell yes, HD RULES!!! I wish Steven Wilson would remaster all the Rush stuff!

Yes I am an audiophile junky too but I am addicted to the Japanese cd pressings like a crack whore snorting a line of sugar on San Pablo Ave!

Vinyl does RULE!

My home theater sounds tits though bud. Love the 5.1 surround. I have two subs behind my couches for extra punch!

I know the early cd pressings of Rush music sound like shite.

Apple Music and downloads are like a brown stool brigade in my Rush underoos.

I understand and yes, you are correct.

HD is the best way.

I have all the MFSL gold cds. SACD. XRCD Japan.

DCC Gold 24 karat cds mastered by the great Steve Hoffmann.

Damn.

I remember the day when "Hemispheres" came out pressed on a gold cd. I almost shit gold bricks myself.

I still have my Japanese MFSL pressing of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."

Still love the warmth of that disc.

You and I should start an Audiophile Podcast.

R Rated and unedited of course.

We would knock it out of the park!

"Knock It Dead Kid."

Love,

Motley Crue

Hell, no doubt about MFSL, Steve Hoffman remasters, Wilson remixes... All fantastic jobs!

Earl, if you haven't done it yet, download some HD-Tracks and do yourself a favour and connect your soundcard (pc) to the receiver of your stereo/5.1! You're just one cable away from the digital revelation that HD-Tracks are!!!

The digital formats are getting better and better, but for me nothing touches the warmth of a clean, clear vinyl!

Holy Smokes Brother! Incredible! You are a true old school old soul when it comes to audiophile yumminess!

I'm missing out my friend.

My home theater is excellent but I do need a few upgrades. I don't have a turntable yet I do buy vinyl! I am crazy! LOL!

I need a new receiver. A new Smart TV, but I love my speakers. Cambridge Soundworks Towers. Vienna center and surrounds.

I want a new Yamaha five disc cd changer and I want a new OPPO blu player.

I have it all in my head my friend.

Dare I had a turntable?

Rather do that then listen to a computer cable thing.

Thoughts?

These sector boxes is very good ones! I think they fixed those faults. I think they got replaced! So as long as you buy the boxes in a real store, I dont think there will be any problems!

There are very few UK record stores outside one chain and they don't stock the sets in-store or online anymore.

Especially as HMV might well be going into administration... Not sure about online though. :sigh:

I will miss HMV.

I was sad when HMV left Canada, but then Sunrise Records took over, six months later. They are 75% music, 25% random merch, complete opposite of HMV.

• Like 2

These sector boxes is very good ones! I think they fixed those faults. I think they got replaced! So as long as you buy the boxes in a real store, I dont think there will be any problems!

There are very few UK record stores outside one chain and they don't stock the sets in-store or online anymore.

Especially as HMV might well be going into administration... Not sure about online though. :sigh:

I will miss HMV.

I was sad when HMV left Canada, but then Sunrise Records took over, six months later. They are 75% music, 25% random merch, complete opposite of HMV.

You are breaking my heart Cygnus.

I have many cds with the HMV price sticker still on them.

I did my best out here in the West to keep open:

Virgin Records in San Francisco

All Tower Records in Nor Cal LOL!

Rainbow Records

Camelot Records

The Wherehouse

Cd Warehouse (I'm still best friends with the original owner)

Music Town

Banana Records

Streetlight Records

Record Factory

The Record Exchange

I still keep Amoeba and Rasputin Records going.

I love the owner of Amoeba.

Got to do my best to keep these stores open.

Otherwise my heart will shatter into 2112 billion pieces.

The millennials, Amazon, dumb phones, computers, social media and downloads have killed off everything retail.

Oh how I urn to go to a record store and hold a vinyl. Find a rare used Japanese cd with obi strip for 10 bucks. Even though I already have two of them I have to have it.

I'm gonna go down in a "Blaze Of Glory" just like Jon Bon Jovi. That Jersey son of a bitch. Firing Sambora. LOL!

Damn.

The world is a changing and I will NEVER!

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL! I NEED IT EVERY DAY!

I've been looking at the Japanese pressings. They are expensive and Rush have a lot of albums...I do have several Japanese releases and the sound quality is always amazing (the 2007 Springsteen album Magic sounds phenomenal compared to the western release!).

protip: the term 'SHM' itself is snakeoil

nothing about that substrate manufacturing process makes a lick of difference in how the music sounds

the real trick is to verify whether a SHM release is a unique mix or master/remaster

if it is then IMO it's worth checking out, especially if you're on the hunt for the best-sounding versions of the albums you like to listen to

save your money otherwise :)

• Like 3

nothing about that substrate manufacturing process makes a lick of difference in how the music sounds

the real trick is to verify whether a SHM release is a unique mix or master/remaster

if it is then IMO it's worth checking out, especially if you're on the hunt for the best-sounding versions of the albums you like to listen to

You mean "Snakeoil & Arrows?" LOL!

I've audio tested each pressing of "Hemispheres."

USA aluminum no remaster

USA remaster aluminum

Sector remaster

DDC gold cd

Japanese non remaster aluminum

German non remaster aluminum

Japanese remaster aluminum

Japanese SHM paper sleeve remaster aluminum

Remastered current "Hemispheres" box set master.

I'm always trying to find the brightest and most warm sound possible.

My surround sound system is solid but I need to upgrade my receiver. I have a new MARANTZ reciever which I will eventually replace with my Pioneer Elite.

I kind of understand that it is a possible waste of money hunting down the best sound quality of Rush music.

It's hard to improve the audio quality of the older Rush stuff on Mercury. "It is what it is" but we all have different ears.

My mind goes with the DDC "Hemispheres" gold cd. I truly believe that the 24 KT gold makes a nice subtle difference in the all around "warmth" of a recording.

I'm a gold cd whore.

As for the collecting purposes I would go for the RUSH SHM CD catalog just for the mere fact that they are all replicated after the actually LP vinyl release. I'm also an obi strip slut. The all around quality of the Japanese product blows doors off the rest of the world. It's not just the audio content but also the pure packaging. Better ink, better quality standards in the cardboard. For instance the "Wind And Wuthering" Genesis Mini Japan LP sleeve cd has the real bumpy surface as the real lp has it.

STYX "Paradise Theater" Japanese mini sleeve cd actually has the real laser etching STYX logo on the top of the cd to replicate the actually laser etching to the vinyl. The attention to detail is top notch. Perfect to my ears and eyes. Nothing touches a Japanese mini sleeve cd regardless of sound.

• Like 2

USA aluminum no remaster

USA remaster aluminum

Sector remaster

DDC gold cd

My surround sound system is solid but I need to upgrade my receiver. I have a new MARANTZ reciever which I will eventually replace with my Pioneer Elite.

I kind of understand that it is a possible waste of money hunting down the best sound quality of Rush music.

It's hard to improve the audio quality of the older Rush stuff on Mercury. "It is what it is" but we all have different ears.

My mind goes with the DDC "Hemispheres" gold cd. I truly believe that the 24 KT gold makes a nice subtle difference in the all around "warmth" of a recording.

I'm a gold cd whore.

As for the collecting purposes I would go for the RUSH SHM CD catalog just for the mere fact that they are all replicated after the actually LP vinyl release. I'm also an obi strip slut. The all around quality of the Japanese product blows doors off the rest of the world. It's not just the audio content but also the pure packaging. Better ink, better quality standards in the cardboard. For instance the "Wind And Wuthering" Genesis Mini Japan LP sleeve cd has the real bumpy surface as the real lp has it.

STYX "Paradise Theater" Japanese mini sleeve cd actually has the real laser etching STYX logo on the top of the cd to replicate the actually laser etching to the vinyl. The attention to detail is top notch. Perfect to my ears and eyes. Nothing touches a Japanese mini sleeve cd regardless of sound.

Earl here's the real deal for a digital version of Hemispheres...

Available in Audiophile - 24-bit/192kHz, released 2015!

http://www.hdtracks....ush-hemispheres

• Like 1

Was never really sold on those either. If the mastering is different then all bets are off. As far as I have been able to determine, the mastering wasn't changed or upgraded.

At least with the Mobile or Audio Fidelity discs, it was.

USA aluminum no remaster

USA remaster aluminum

Sector remaster

DDC gold cd

I'm a gold cd whore.

Holy Sugar my brother! It's endless! Thanks for the link!

I'm still so old school.

I only am on Apple Music because my fukking Audi is bluetooth only.

Pisses me off.

There are 1000s of cds I have that are not on Apple Music.

Do you know that "Breaker" by ACCEPT was deleted by Apple Music?

"Breaker" is in my top 5 albums of all time.

I can't even listen to it in my car unless I put youtube through my speakers. WEAK SHITE!

I hate modern technology.

At least if the grid gets wiped out and we still have electricity I can still rock in my house! FUUK CONFORMING TO THE NORM!

"Deviate from the norm" right kids?

Cranking "Renegade" by Thin Lizzy on my old fashioned stereo. Two subwoofers. Japanese cd pressing. Sounds like velvet butter.

Epic shit.

I love my Thin Lizzy SHM Japanese mini cardboard sleeves in a cool ass THIN LIZZY BOX! Yep! On topic!!!

That's another great thing that Japan does Myles.

It's not just RUSH.

Japan puts out mostly every band's catalog in SHM sleeves. Many are housed inside a nice beautiful glossy box. I believe the company that makes these is called UNION DISK.

THEY RULE!

Such beautiful album art on each box that snuggly fits a band's entire catalog. Sometimes they are broken up in different boxes.

Such beautiful art. Visual and audio delectables.

• Like 1

USA aluminum no remaster

USA remaster aluminum

Sector remaster

DDC gold cd

I'm a gold cd whore.

I'm still so old school.

Pisses me off.

I can't even listen to it in my car unless I put youtube through my speakers. WEAK SHITE!

At least if the grid gets wiped out and we still have electricity I can still rock in my house! FUUK CONFORMING TO THE NORM!

Cranking "Renegade" by Thin Lizzy on my old fashioned stereo. Two subwoofers. Japanese cd pressing. Sounds like velvet butter.

Epic shit.

I love my Thin Lizzy SHM Japanese mini cardboard sleeves in a cool ass THIN LIZZY BOX! Yep! On topic!!!

It's not just RUSH.

Japan puts out mostly every band's catalog in SHM sleeves. Many are housed inside a nice beautiful glossy box. I believe the company that makes these is called UNION DISK.

THEY RULE!

Such beautiful album art on each box that snuggly fits a band's entire catalog. Sometimes they are broken up in different boxes.

Earl, you're still a blessed bastard, put on your 3D glasses!!! :madra: Never ever change mate!!!

I'm just sittin' here, fallin' in love with my records made in Japan, unleashed in the east!

The times when Tokyo tapes were used at Budokan. :smoke:

• Like 1

USA aluminum no remaster

USA remaster aluminum

Sector remaster

DDC gold cd

I'm a gold cd whore.

I'm still so old school.

Pisses me off.

Epic shit.

It's not just RUSH.

THEY RULE!

Earl, you're still a blessed bastard, put on your 3D glasses!!! :madra: Never ever change mate!!!

I'm just sittin' here, fallin' in love with my records made in Japan, unleashed in the east!

The times when Tokyo tapes were used at Budokan. :smoke:

Hahahahaha!!!

I love you brother! I will never change!!!

I'm still rocking out, drinking beer and getting laid!

BLESSED!

Can't wait to go to Scotland!