R40

Blue Barchetta

Guys (and gals)...got home a little drunk and watched R40. Man...the memories. As much as we nit-pick certain albums and what-not...

Folks, we saw the best band in history (some of us several times) When the last notes of Garden Road faded, it almost brought me to tears. There will never be a band like this again.

• Like 16

I knew the show I saw on R40 would be the last I ever saw of them. I did my best to drink in every last note. Especially the part of Garden Road they played at the end.

I took this photo right as Geddy was waving at the crowd

HD4hxBW.jpg?3

I DIDN'T know. But, man...I enjoyed every last note!

I knew the show I saw on R40 would be the last I ever saw of them. I did my best to drink in every last note. Especially the part of Garden Road they played at the end.

Yeah, that's how it was for me as well.

I caught the Newark show, followed by the Madison Square Garden show, which was my last time seeing them.

I really took in every moment.

I'm not even sure if I clapped or sang along.

Didn't take a single picture.

Just stood there and soaked it all in.

My parking fee that night was 21.12 at the Port Authority.

(I do have a picture of that).

It was a great show and a fitting goodbye.

• Like 4

Yeah, that's how it was for me as well.

I caught the Newark show, followed by the Madison Square Garden show, which was my last time seeing them.

I really took in every moment.

I'm not even sure if I clapped or sang along.

Didn't take a single picture.

Just stood there and soaked it all in.

My parking fee that night was 21.12 at the Port Authority.

(I do have a picture of that).

It was a great show and a fitting goodbye.

$21.12 is crazy for parking...but very cool regardless!
  • Like 1

I still “tear up” when I watch R40. Fulfilling an almost life long bucket list entry to see Rush in Toronto, seeing them play there on their last show there ever made it even more special. Having the show on video is icing on the cake!
  • Like 2

I saw them twice on that tour, once in Chicago and once in Portland. Incredible both times. I wish they'd filmed a different night, because Geddy's voice sounds rough on the DVD and I remember him sounding great at both of my shows.

I was at the Portland show. :cheers:
  • Like 2

Saw the R40 in NJ ( met up withThe Cat3 ) and NYC.

"Losing It" was a highlight but the intensity of this 90 seconds !!! I took the shitty iphone video.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 5

I saw them twice on that tour, once in Chicago and once in Portland. Incredible both times. I wish they'd filmed a different night, because Geddy's voice sounds rough on the DVD and I remember him sounding great at both of my shows.

I was also at the Portland show. :cheers:

I was also at the Portland show. :cheers:

:ebert:

Between the band being sick with the flu on or around the taping of ASOH and the originally unreleased disc 3 of different stages with Geddy having a cold that night and the messed up technical difficulties night at RiR in 2002 and what Alex later described as an "off night" of the R30 concert and his voice being bad on the Time Machine and R40 shows, Rush really had a long history of bad timing with what concerts they recorded for future release lol
  • Like 3

Between the band being sick with the flu on or around the taping of ASOH and the originally unreleased disc 3 of different stages with Geddy having a cold that night and the messed up technical difficulties night at RiR in 2002 and what Alex later described as an "off night" of the R30 concert and his voice being bad on the Time Machine and R40 shows, Rush really had a long history of bad timing with what concerts they recorded for future release lol

They're either very bad at timing or really good at excusing.

Snakes & Arrows Live is their best live recording in terms of how good the performance was. They were on fire that night.

• Like 1

They're either very bad at timing or really good at excusing.

Or neither? That is, their perfectionist minds wouldn’t allow them to fully appreciate/accept those actual decent/good performances

Saw them 3 times on R40 (Losing It twice) and I only really got watery during Losing It. Should have been the final song in the first set. (Swapped with Subdivisions) Bastards!

But I guess they didn't want too much time for resonance and reflection. They just wanted to get right back at it.

Have to say R40 has aged for me better than I thought.(First set especially is great) As a whole, flawed for sure but the passion is still there and they are mostly having a blast doing it.

• Like 1

Me too. It was tough when it was over cuz I knew that would be my last time ever seeing them. But yes, Ged's voice was good that night for sure.