Geddy Lee - The Globe and Mail interview

RushFanForever

Check it out below.

Rush’s bassist Geddy Lee gets personal about the instrument in his Big Beautiful Book of Bass

Regarding the interview with Bill Wyman, I bet it was conducted at Bill Wyman's Sticky Fingers Restaurant in London.

Wyman has his bass guitars hanging on the restaurant walls from gallery photos posted here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Wyman did do his interview at Sticky Fingers, and he gave Geddy a pretty hard time—“you were richer than I was if your mom had a f***ing company.” (Then rattles off a story about having to scavenge a bombed area of town for dandelion leaves to eat.) Edited by HalfwayToGone

Wyman did do his interview at Sticky Fingers, and he gave Geddy a pretty hard time—“you were richer than I was if your mom had a f***ing company.” (Then rattles off a story about having to scavenge a bombed area of town for dandelion leaves to eat.)

That's a shame. However we do have to credit Bill Wyman for inspiring Geddy to play this Rolling Stones song on the bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqmyhjn2nLY

Bill Wyman was a great part of the Stones, underrated. I'd love to try his restaurant, but... kind of far away for me.

I should add that although many British musicians (born in the late 30's and early 40's) endured the emotional scars of World War II as babies and children (to quote Wyman's comment to Geddy from TRF member HalfwayToGone); it wasn't easy for Geddy and his siblings being the offspring of parents who're Holocaust survivors.

Geddy wrote his own

survival type-songs in a way with
and
. Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

An interesting read. After listening to Brian Koppelman's podcast and reading this article, I'm convinced Ged is almost ready to start writing some music.. It'll be interesting to see what that would result in.

It will sound like Rush with Better lyrics and drumming