Peart----- You won't believe this :0

tks95747

Skip to the 1:30 mark.

And I must add, it is readily apparent that she was under Pratt's tutelage at some point in her life~
  • Like 1

Clearly, having no interest in The Carpenters on the principle that they sounded lame very nearly deprived me of hearing one of the most underrated drummers of all time. Yowza!

• Like 2

Clearly, having no interest in The Carpenters on the principle that they sounded lame very nearly deprived me of hearing one of the most underrated drummers of all time. Yowza!

I'm not a big fan of their music either but Karen was quite the drummer.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

^

Terima kasih banyak!!

You speak Indonesian?! :o Anda pintar!

Selamat Hari Natal! (dan Tahun Baru) :cheers:

Ya, saya berbicara Bahasa Indonesia, untuk seorang sedikit sementara sekarang!! Saya melakukan untuk seorang teman-teman!! :cheers:

Wah! Bagus sekail! :o :notworthy:

• Like 1

^

Terima kasih banyak!!

Ya, saya berbicara Bahasa Indonesia, untuk seorang sedikit sementara sekarang!! Saya melakukan untuk seorang teman-teman!! :cheers:

Terima kasih banyak!! Saya punya telah Bahasa Indonesia untuk lima puluh tujuh dan saya cinta itu!!

• Like 1

Gurl could play!
  • Like 1

Gurl could play!

She never wanted to step out from behind the kit. Such a sad story is her life.

• Like 3

Yes, I've seen videos of Karen Carpenter playing big band, swing, jazz kind of stuff... REALLY good and surprisingly so. She played traditional grip mostly, doing cross overs, wicked double stroke rolls... some of the very important rudiments - proper drumming. Most people got to know her as a singer, but she was an excellent drummer.
  • Like 1

I've mentioned this before on TRF, but's worth going there again. I've seen hundreds of videos of the best of the best drummers. Some of these people scare me they're SO good. But, there is one, that I believe is miles above ANYONE ELSE and that is Thomas Lang.

The only people who have heard of him are drummers for the most part... he's not in a big name band playing stadiums or arenas. He plays as a gun for hire with some of the biggest names. But, if you watch some of his drum solo videos on youtube, you will be stunned. I have NEVER, EVER seen any drummer do the things that he does. Not Buddy Rich, not Louis Bellson, not Ed Shaunessey, not Dave Weckl, not Dennis Chambers, not Steve Smith, not Bonham, not Brufold, not Palmer, not Peart, not Portnoy or Mangini. Tony Royster Junior might finish a close second.

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 1

I've mentioned this before on TRF, but's worth going there again. I've seen hundreds of videos of the best of the best drummers. Some of these people scare me they're SO good. But, there is one, that I believe is miles above ANYONE ELSE and that is Thomas Lang.

The only people who have heard of him are drummers for the most part... he's not in a big name band playing stadiums or arenas. He plays as a gun for hire with some of the biggest names. But, if you watch some of his drum solo videos on youtube, you will be stunned. I have NEVER, EVER seen any drummer do the things that he does. Not Buddy Rich, not Louis Bellson, not Ed Shaunessey, not Dave Weckl, not Dennis Chambers, not Steve Smith, not Bonham, not Brufold, not Palmer, not Peart, not Portnoy or Mangini. Tony Royster Junior might finish a close second.

Royster is wicked good~

^

Terima kasih banyak!!

Terima kasih banyak!! Saya punya telah Bahasa Indonesia untuk lima puluh tujuh dan saya cinta itu!!

Mungkin anda ingin pergi ke Indonesia. Bali itu indah, dan Jawa sangat menarik (makanan dan musik dan "obyek wisata" :LOL:). Sumatra itu luar biasa. Orang Sumatra sangat tertarik(?) bertemu orang barat.

Saya pergi ke Indonesia mungkin tujuh kali. Tapi Bahasa saya tidak bagus! Saya ada mulut bodoh :( :LOL:

Salam!

ed03b8c9fab7bc1f27fd41225e9e8ff2.jpg

• Like 1

Thomas Lang has incredible facility, but he's no Buddy Rich (or Joe Morello). His chops and independence are astounding but he's not terribly musical with them. I saw one of his clinics years ago. He dropped jaws, but didn't really teach anything other than "playing with your little finger extended is a little fruity." I also have one of his dvds. He's no Benny Greb!

For my money, Marco Minnemann has chops for days, and plays musically. Mike Mangini is no technical slouch either.

Give this a couple of minutes. It's pretty good.

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 2