Geddy on Eddie Trunk show today

Leanne

On Sirius XM Channel 106 at 2pm Eastern :) Posted on Eddie’s Twitter

If you don’t have Sirius XM, you can sign up for a free trial

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

If you sign up for a free trial, expect to be harrassed by them for the next three years.

• Like 7

If you sign up for a free trial, expect to be harrassed by them for the next three years.

Yeah, but it's not too expensive compared to cable or something. Always ask if they are running any sales, they cut the price in half. We have it in a car, the house, and our phones for 12.00 a month and that includes the NFL pkg . I like the music and Mr. blues likes the live coverage of sports, you can listen to just about any sports event live.

But you're right, they like to keep their customers! :LOL:

• Like 2

I was working and listening so there were certain parts of the interview I caught. He mentioned the bass players that are included in his book, one of them being Ozzy’s old bassist (I think his name is Bob) and Adam Clayton of U2. And they talked about Chris Squire.

Eddie mentioned Rush and Geddy said Neil is retired and the 3 of them still keep in touch and are still pals and he and Alex recently went to see Neil. And he and Alex plan on working together again but he said he doesn’t know when. He mentioned the last tour saying he was really proud of how everything came together and wished they could have played more cities. He said Alex was dealing with Arthritis and Neil was dealing with physical problems as well.

There will be a replay probably in a couple days.

• Like 4

I was working and listening so there were certain parts of the interview I caught. He mentioned the bass players that are included in his book, one of them being Ozzy’s old bassist (I think his name is Bob) and Adam Clayton of U2. And they talked about Chris Squire.

Eddie mentioned Rush and Geddy said Neil is retired and the 3 of them still keep in touch and are still pals and he and Alex recently went to see Neil. And he and Alex plan on working together again but he said he doesn’t know when. He mentioned the last tour saying he was really proud of how everything came together and wished they could have played more cities. He said Alex was dealing with Arthritis and Neil was dealing with physical problems as well.

Eddie reruns his show at night. Maybe 9-11? I wouldn't be surprised if he also plays this on his podcast, which is free on iTunes, Stitcher, etc.

• Like 3

It's on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKuzEUvW_lM

• Like 7

Geddy's voice sounds shot to hell now just speaking.

According to a bunch of people from the signing yesterday he's got a very bad cold

• Like 3

Just like that time I took the free trial with the Hare Krishna's.
  • Like 3

Yeah, he has some kind of laryngitis or a really bad cold. I spoke with him for about 3 seconds yesterday and he also thanked my son for a cute little drawing of Rush my son gave him, and his voice was terribly hoarse and quiet. That said, he had a great big smile on his face and seemed to be enjoying it as best one can enjoy signing a million things.
  • Like 2

Geddy's voice sounds shot to hell now just speaking.

I am so at peace with Rush being retired. I have been listening to ESL and ASOH as well as the PW tour soundboard Boot and Different Stages. The only recent live recordings I still listen to are R30 and the Snakes and Arrows Live.....beyond that although it was amazing to go to all the shows.......I like to remember their live prowess through the Snakes Tour which IMO was the last time Geddy sounded really sharp vocally (most nights he did) and Neil was still pretty damn laser methodical on the kit.

But everything through Different stages was so damn awesome live. They were so crisp and perfectionists to the hilt. And Neil's kits through ASOH were the best. With the start of Presto I was not a huge fan of the sonic direction he took with his kits live.

Yeah call me old school. But Live Rush 1977-1988 was the absolute prime of their careers.

They are over. Geddy as a live vocalist was done after 2008. You may not hear it at the actual show.....but you do on the recordings. And I am like all of you a f***ing lunatic fanboy. Rush is the center of my musical life. But I can admit......it was time. It was really time. And they were amazing all the way to the very end despite the age. They really pulled it off for the most part.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 5

They are over. Geddy as a live vocalist was done after 2008. You may not hear it at the actual show.....but you do on the recordings. And I am like all of you a f***ing lunatic fanboy. Rush is the center of my musical life. But I can admit......it was time. It was really time. And they were amazing all the way to the very end despite the age. They really pulled it off for the most part.

I think that this latest statement from Geddy about Neil's state of mind (and that's VERY much what it is) with regard to drumming is the most honest assessment we've got from the band to date. And to me, it signals the first step in being ready to move forward.

It's very clear to me that Ged and Al still have a drive to create, even if Neil does not. And I can't imagine them NOT working together again. I absolutely believe that they will work together again in 2019, and that the door remains open to Neil, if he ever does regain his drive to play. The Ged/Al project won't be "Rush," but it will bear a heck of a strong resemblance.

Is touring on the table? Who knows? But I'd bet we see the two of them on stage together again soon as well.

I think that this latest statement from Geddy about Neil's state of mind (and that's VERY much what it is) with regard to drumming is the most honest assessment we've got from the band to date. And to me, it signals the first step in being ready to move forward.

It's very clear to me that Ged and Al still have a drive to create, even if Neil does not. And I can't imagine them NOT working together again. I absolutely believe that they will work together again in 2019, and that the door remains open to Neil, if he ever does regain his drive to play. The Ged/Al project won't be "Rush," but it will bear a heck of a strong resemblance.

Is touring on the table? Who knows? But I'd bet we see the two of them on stage together again soon as well.

If they do a project without Neil I am all for it. Touring? Hard to say. If so, very limited in nature.

Agreed. I loved the R40 show. The CD I doubt I'll ever play again.

• Like 1

I only read a quick summary in rolling stone that said neil no longer plays drums.

In my eyes thats quite sad. Hopefully he has found a new joy to fill his time.

And hopefully that does not involve writing prose.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

I only read a quick summary in rolling stone that said neil no longer plays drums.

Listen to duck’s previous YouTube post with Trunk in here. Geddy talks about how Peart is completely retired.

On an unrelated note, in that same Trunk interview Geddy talks about how the 3 of them are still close and how they all 3 got together recently. So there goes that one theory from some TRFers that there’s some bad blood due to Peart.

• Like 2

Leanne, Bob Daisley is Ozzy Osbourne's old bassist. Geddy purchased Bob's 1992 Zemaitis bass that he performed the live version of 'Losing It' on from the Rush: R40 40th Anniversary Tour. Bob mentions Geddy acquiring the bass in this August 2015 Facebook post here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Listen to duck’s previous YouTube post with Trunk in here. Geddy talks about how Peart is completely retired.

On an unrelated note, in that same Trunk interview Geddy talks about how the 3 of them are still close and how they all 3 got together recently. So there goes that one theory from some TRFers that there’s some bad blood due to Peart.

Yeah, i am fine with retirement

I thought it to be sad in that i assume that drumming is something he loved.

If i no longer could ski or mtn bike i would be sad .....