Super fan boi's like me...

Mithrandir

I always got so excited when a new Rush album came out... I didn't analyze the living shit out of it, criticize it, or dissect it. I just listened to it... it was Rush. I happen to think Thai Shan is a great song!
  • Like 2

I think it depends on when you got into them. Someone who got into them during their prog phase probably thinks by Signals the band had gotten too far away from what drew them to the band. I got into them when PeW came out (I was 12 in January 1980), so while I was disappointed with GUP overall, when PoW came out and it became clear that was who they were evolving into, my interest faded. If you got into them later, it's probably easier to look back and see the different eras as equal.

i started listening to them in 1977.

Man, you're old.

• Like 1

I think it depends on when you got into them. Someone who got into them during their prog phase probably thinks by Signals the band had gotten too far away from what drew them to the band. I got into them when PeW came out (I was 12 in January 1980), so while I was disappointed with GUP overall, when PoW came out and it became clear that was who they were evolving into, my interest faded. If you got into them later, it's probably easier to look back and see the different eras as equal.

i started listening to them in 1977.

Man, you're old.

82 years young!
  • Like 1

I agree. I’ve always said that any and all Rush is good Rush. I have listened to their music almost daily since 1974. I have never gotten tired of listening to them.

:ebert:
  • Like 1