Super fan boi's like me...

Mithrandir

I was, but then I turned 17. Then Bush 41 took office...

So if I interpret this correctly, your musical taste and the country went to shit at roughly the same time?

Actually, it was the first time he became proud of 'Merica, so everything took a back seat...

• Like 1

I think it depends on when you got into them. Someone who got into them during their prog phase probably thinks by Signals the band had gotten too far away from what drew them to the band. I got into them when PeW came out (I was 12 in January 1980), so while I was disappointed with GUP overall, when PoW came out and it became clear that was who they were evolving into, my interest faded. If you got into them later, it's probably easier to look back and see the different eras as equal.
  • Like 6

I think it depends on when you got into them. Someone who got into them during their prog phase probably thinks by Signals the band had gotten too far away from what drew them to the band. I got into them when PeW came out (I was 12 in January 1980), so while I was disappointed with GUP overall, when PoW came out and it became clear that was who they were evolving into, my interest faded. If you got into them later, it's probably easier to look back and see the different eras as equal.

i started listening to them in 1977.
  • Like 2

Smack dab in the middle of the prog era. Where do you rate HYF against Hemispheres?

So who else here is like me when it comes to the music of Rush?

I enjoy every album they have. Only a few songs i dont really like. Never hit a point where my love for their music dropped off.

I was that way once. :)

• Like 2

I don’t know aboot Super Fan Boi, sounds juvenile. I’m a certified TrueRushFan™ so I basically enjoy all three Rush eras equally. Other than 3 or 4 songs it’s 40 years of great music, the best Rock and or Roll offers.
  • Like 4

I enjoy every album they have. Only a few songs i dont really like. Never hit a point where my love for their music dropped off.

I was that way once. :)

Bah, this guy. How does he still have log-on credentials?

• Like 1

Smack dab in the middle of the prog era. Where do you rate HYF against Hemispheres?

HYF is my least favorite Rush album. I love side 1 of HYF and Lock and Key. Turn the Page is ok as is Mission. Tai Shan and High Water are 2 of the few songs i never listen to.

Hemispheres is top 5

I don’t know aboot Super Fan Boi, sounds juvenile. I’m a certified TrueRushFan™ so I basically enjoy all three Rush eras equally. Other than 3 or 4 songs it’s 40 years of great music, the best Rock and or Roll offers.

I used that term because Rush fans like me get called that term. ;)

I'm one who got into them later. Just before CP was released. I knew of their musical changes because of being familiar with what the radio played and Chronicles being the first thing I ever bought from them. So, I was more accepting of their musical direction in the 80s. I knew at least one song off each album before becoming a fan.

As for being a fan boy, yeah, I'm one of them. They've released some bad songs but I don't think they've ever released a bad album.

Edited by J2112YYZ

No active dislike but there are about a dozen songs that really don't do it for me and all of those are pre-2000.

They say age 14 is the most formative time for your musical tastes. That was the age when I got into Rush in 2006. Even the albums I view as relatively weak (Presto and Roll the Bones) have strong nostalgic value for me and that aside, I still like over half the tracks on those albums. :)

I'm one who got into them later. Just before CP was released. I knew of their musical changes because of being familiar with what the radio played and Chronicles being the first thing I ever bought from them. So, I was more accepting of their musical direction in the 80s. I knew at least one song off each album before becoming a fan.

As for being a fan boy, yeah, I'm one of them. They've released some bad songs but I don't think they've ever released a bad album.

Thinking and knowing are spelled differently for a reason.... I KNOW they've released a bad album..... Or two.... Or three....