Ranking Rush

winter17

I thought, and said this before that it's hard to rank the best, and favorite Rush's compact disks, albums, and their music because they are really good, and can mean in different ways in our lives.
  • Like 1

I have given Caress of Steel another listen, and The Necromancer went up to a 6/10 and I Think I'm Going Bald went to a 3, which increased Caress of Steel's average to 6.6.

Caress of Steel is now in this order:

Clockwork Angels

Caress of Steel

Vapor Trails

I have given Caress of Steel another listen, and The Necromancer went up to a 6/10 and I Think I'm Going Bald went to a 3, which increased Caress of Steel's average to 6.6.

Clockwork Angels

Caress of Steel

Vapor Trails

I just peed my pants

Clockwork Angels

Caress of Steel

Vapor Trails

I just peed my pants

Where should it go?

Catching lots of flack for having the debut at the bottom. Not surprised, but I might as well offer my justification.

Take a Friend, Need Some Love, Finding My Way, Before and After, and In the Mood I ranked 5/10 or below, again in comparison to other Rush songs. For reference, Caravan was a 6, Lessons was a 5, and Ceiling Unlimited was a 4.

Those songs outweighed Working Man, What You're Doing, and Here Again.

Take a Friend was the lowest of those 5, I'm not at all a fan of the lyrics.

Need Some Love and Finding My Way are good, but the lack of Neil on these tracks and iffy lyrics are what caused me to rank them low.

In the Mood was a 5, good song but I think it is just a little too repetitive.

Before and After was also a 5, I enjoy this song, but for some reason I can't quite define, I can't justify ranking it better than a perfectly average Rush song.

Lessons A 5 huh?...geez