How can Rolling Stones tickets be available on resale sites already?

blueschica

OK, I guess I'm just that stupid or naive ?? I was trying to find out parking information, etc. for Lincoln Field in Philadelphia for the summer 2019 Rolling Stones tour since the presale starts tomorrow. (Husband bucket list thing.) All these resale sites come up offering alleged tickets already, when they're not even on sale yet. Are scalpers just that confident that they can scoop up a bunch of tickets or are all these sites frauds?

I know scalping is a huge thing; I guess I'm just used to Hersheypark Arena in a little town where even shows like Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, and Elton John take a day or two to sell out. I'm just curious. :huh: :huh:

• Like 1

The reason tickets are already on the resale sites is because Eagles season ticket holders are putting their seats up for sale. Whoever has season tickets for the sports teams that play at the venue get tickets for all other events held there too. This is why you see legit seats up already. The people who don't want to go or would rather make some money off the tickets know where they're sitting already. The tickets are real. Even the most confident and skilled scalpers can't predict where they will sit beforehand. They may have an idea of what sections they want to by from but they can't give specific sections and seat numbers before they buy them. I'm sure there are fraudulent tickets out there but I've bought tickets from resellers in the past and never had an issue. Just stick with one of the main sites like StubHub.

Good luck with the presales. They are terrible these days for the popular bands who play larger venues. Luckily you've got a huge stadium of seats to choose from so I think you'll be ok with getting something.

• Like 4

The reason tickets are already on the resale sites is because Eagles season ticket holders are putting their seats up for sale. Whoever has season tickets for the sports teams that play at the venue get tickets for all other events held there too. This is why you see legit seats up already. The people who don't want to go or would rather make some money off the tickets know where they're sitting already. The tickets are real. Even the most confident and skilled scalpers can't predict where they will sit beforehand. They may have an idea of what sections they want to by from but they can't give specific sections and seat numbers before they buy them. I'm sure there are fraudulent tickets out there but I've bought tickets from resellers in the past and never had an issue. Just stick with one of the main sites like StubHub.

Good luck with the presales. They are terrible these days for the popular bands who play larger venues. Luckily you've got a huge stadium of seats to choose from so I think you'll be ok with getting something.

:goodone: Thanks so much! That makes sense. I just couldn't figure out today why tickets were already on sale. I like Stub Hub as well. We have used it a few times in Pittsburgh when hearing about a sports or concert event too late for the original sale.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

:goodone: Thanks so much! That makes sense. I just couldn't figure out today why tickets were already on sale. I like Stub Hub as well. We have used it a few times in Pittsburgh when hearing about a sports or concert event too late for the original sale.

I've only used StubHub a handful of times. Never had any issues. My brother has mentioned to me about using the site Seat Geek and not having any trouble. Definitely a good thing to have these sites if you hear about an event late or don't have the spare cash when tickets go on sale. You can get seats from someone on the day of the event a lot of the time if you don't know until the last minute if you can go or not.

• Like 1

Just try to order the tickets as soon as they go on sale because these resellers are going to be grabbing them up as fast as they can for a band like the Stones.
  • Like 2

Just try to order the tickets as soon as they go on sale because these resellers are going to be grabbing them up as fast as they can for a band like the Stones.

Very true about the resellers. I wish more bands would do the paperless/digital tickets like Iron Maiden has been doing for a good decade or so now. It allows the actual fans to get tickets and completely kills any chance of scalpers gobbling up all the good seats. No reason a band the status of the Stones couldn't do this.

• Like 1

Anyone else get tickets? The Stones are my all time favorite band. I am a bit of a fanatic. I will be taking my family on a surprise trip from Toronto to Washington to see them for maybe the last time. I want my kids (20 and 18) to see them live.
  • Like 2

"My God....."

The Rolling Bones should fuckingg retire.

Enough please!

I remember seeing the "Steel Wheels" Tour in Oakland.

Jesus, even then we said it should be the "STEEL WHEELCHAIRS TOUR"

I hear the Rolling Stones are going to play the entire "Sticky Fingers" album all the way through on this current tour.

Really?

I would call it the "K&Y JELLY FINGERS" TOUR! ENOUGH!

• Like 1

Charlie Watts is still on the drum kit? A Living Legend but really?

He needs 2112 watts of electricity pumped into his body every morning with his coffee.

Signed,

"Young Frankenstein"

Oh the irony.

Double pun LOL

• Like 1

"My God....."

Enough please!

I hear the Rolling Stones are going to play the entire "Sticky Fingers" album all the way through on this current tour.

Really?

You should go see them. You might be surprised by how good they still are. I remember that tour being referred to by some as the Steel Wheelchairs tour. Thinking back on it now that was a really dumb thing to call it. They were only in their 40s then and people were acting like they should be dropping dead.

• Like 1

"My God....."

Enough please!

Really?

You should go see them. You might be surprised by how good they still are. I remember that tour being referred to by some as the Steel Wheelchairs tour. Thinking back on it now that was a really dumb thing to call it. They were only in their 40s then and people were acting like they should be dropping dead.

Well, to lend some kind of credence to that, I would argue that there is probably a number of times that Keith Richards should have died, back in the mid-1970s or so. And maybe Mick, and maybe any of the rest of them. But Keith was definitely the farthest gone, on the hard stuff.

Anyway...I also saw them, on the Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours, and they were great.

But there’s no way on earth that I’d pay the kind of money they require for tickets to see them now.

I paid a chunk of money for Elton John tickets, and that show is coming up in October. I’ve never seen him before, and he is quitting touring, so I consider it worthwhile (and for a couple of other personal reasons that coincide with that particular night, I definitely consider it worthwhile).

To blues and Mr. blues...good luck with the ticket search, I’m sure you’ll get them. Have a great time!

For the record, I’ve used SeatGeek, StubHub, and Vivid Seats, and never had any problems, logistically speaking. The secondary market’s “service fees” are ridiculous across the board; it just seems to be a necessary evil in dealing with them. But the transactions themselves have been seamless.

• Like 2

I've learned my lesson. I will never buy tickets again until the day of show, and then score a deal on StubHub. The Rob Thomas tickets I got from my wife had a face value of over a hundred bucks and we got them for 22 each. $900 Michael Buble pit tickets were selling for $40 at Showtime. I'm sure you'll be able to score below value Stones tickets as well. Scalpers are greedy buggers who may make money initially but by Showtime they need to cut their losses.
  • Like 2

I saw the Stones again on this tour at Burls Creek. Fantastic show. Greatest rock band ever and they still have it. They can still out rock most bands half their age.

I've learned my lesson. I will never buy tickets again until the day of show, and then score a deal on StubHub. The Rob Thomas tickets I got from my wife had a face value of over a hundred bucks and we got them for 22 each. $900 Michael Buble pit tickets were selling for $40 at Showtime. I'm sure you'll be able to score below value Stones tickets as well. Scalpers are greedy buggers who may make money initially but by Showtime they need to cut their losses.

900 bones?!! That is one greedy bastard at work!