Black Friday Blues...

OldRUSHfan

So, do any of you who reside in the world who observe this annual event have any aches and pains from this event? I haven't observed this carnival in YEARS!4rEQmqU.png

Small business Saturday and Cyber Monday are way better. Shopped at a local record store in my nearby town I grew up in today. Got Faith by George Michael on vinyl and they paid for the taxes.

They also handed out gift bags and I got lucky with a free copy of Springsteen’s 2nd album. I now own all of his from that to Tunnel Of Love chronologically. One of my top 5 album closers ever on that one as well with NYC Serenade.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

Haven't observed in years, either. I used to get up early enough to go out, get breakfast, and go to work, knowing I catch up on old or delayed work because the office would be functional, but empty. This year I just rested caught up on football.
  • Like 1

I worked Thanksgiving Day and Friday morning. I work at a Shopko store. It was ridiculous.

It was ridiculous because Shopko is a very CHEAP company when it comes to hiring and paying its employees. My store doesn't even have a skeleton crew; that is how lacking in workers it is. The few employees who worked the sales floor were literally gasping for air, as they were being called non-stop for customer assistance, phone calls, restocking the shelves, etc.

I was lucky, as I work back in Receiving. I took care of all the carryout orders. Customers lined up at the back door to get their cheap TV's, cheap tablets, cheap furniture, etc.

I've been working there for 10 months, and I've been looking for a different job for about half that time. I can do much better than this cheap store......

• Like 3

Got a new TV online at Best Buy as a 'black friday' special, but ordered it last weekend. Delivered on black friday. So what's the big f***ing deal about black friday if it's a week long? It wasn't the fact that it was black friday, just that we wanted a new tv.

I did Salvation Army bell ringing on black friday at one of the large local retail stores. I'm not religious, but it's a good cause and gives good holiday vibes for everyone. I try to do this at least once every year.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2