Rush In Rio on vinyl!!

Permanent-Rush

My copy arrived here at my home this past Saturday. I've yet to fully immerse myself in the entire set, having only had time to listen to a song or two. That being said, I will say that the packaging/presentation is absolutely fantastic. Most certainly, I received great value for my money. I would wholeheartedly recommend this, without question.

Nice packaging is cool, but how is the production? Does it sound $70.00 worth better than the CD?

• Like 1

The board bootleg tracks- “Between Sun & Moon” and “Vital Signs”- are both on this release.

Good to know. Doesn't figure into me getting it at all, but at least those that do get it won't be cheated there.

I doubt there will be any improvements in sq over what is already released, I think it's just the novelty and desire to have the material on vinyl and enjoy the packaging. This is not a knock against the product or the people who want this, but much of the recent releases appeal is for the packaging as opposed to unreleased material. I hope that changes but I'm not above being lured by a nice wrapper. I bought every vinyl re-issue including the expanded box sets, save for ASOH, Presto and the recent Hemispheres box - and I still may buy those. I also ended up buying the blue vinyl 2112 after posting I was taking a hard pass on such a pointless release, so it's not like I shun these products but there's no way that if there's any improvement in sound quality of Rush in Rio, that it's a $100 [CDN] improvement. We're buying this as completists and/or vinyl fetishists.

I don't know what there mid or long range plan is but I would like to see unreleased shows pressed to vinyl or cd or maybe a download subscription.

• Like 2

I doubt there will be any improvements in sq over what is already released, I think it's just the novelty and desire to have the material on vinyl and enjoy the packaging. This is not a knock against the product or the people who want this, but much of the recent releases appeal is for the packaging as opposed to unreleased material. I hope that changes but I'm not above being lured by a nice wrapper. I bought every vinyl re-issue including the expanded box sets, save for ASOH, Presto and the recent Hemispheres box - and I still may buy those. I also ended up buying the blue vinyl 2112 after posting I was taking a hard pass on such a pointless release, so it's not like I shun these products but there's no way that if there's any improvement in sound quality of Rush in Rio, that it's a $100 [CDN] improvement. We're buying this as completists and/or vinyl fetishists.

I don't know what there mid or long range plan is but I would like to see unreleased shows pressed to vinyl or cd or maybe a download subscription.

Not against the "nice wrapper" either, but unless it resonates with me in some way I'm not convinced. I guess the "completeists and vinyl fetishists" are kind of obligated.