Rush In Rio on vinyl!!

Permanent-Rush

Rio is the only one of the 21st-century live albums that feels like an actual live album with its own identity and artwork like the first four, so it's cool that it's getting a vinyl release. The other ones (R30, Snakes, Time Machine, CA, R40) are all just called "Name of Tour: Live in (city)" and the cover art is just a photo from the show. They feel more like tour souvenirs than actual live albums with their own identity. The Rio show has its issues with sound quality but the story is so cool and the dragon art is iconic.

I'll probably get the Rio vinyl at some point.

• Like 3

Rio is the only one of the 21st-century live albums that feels like an actual live album with its own identity and artwork like the first four, so it's cool that it's getting a vinyl release. The other ones (R30, Snakes, Time Machine, CA, R40) are all just called "Name of Tour: Live in (city)" and the cover art is just a photo from the show. They feel more like tour souvenirs than actual live albums with their own identity. The Rio show has its issues with sound quality but the story is so cool and the dragon art is iconic.

I'll probably get the Rio vinyl at some point.

Great points.

• Like 1

First time ever they opened a show with Tom Sawyer and it was bad ass.

One of the great shows in Rush history. And a fantastic set list.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3

My copy arrived here at my home this past Saturday. I've yet to fully immerse myself in the entire set, having only had time to listen to a song or two. That being said, I will say that the packaging/presentation is absolutely fantastic. Most certainly, I received great value for my money. I would wholeheartedly recommend this, without question.
  • Like 1

My copy arrived here at my home this past Saturday. I've yet to fully immerse myself in the entire set, having only had time to listen to a song or two. That being said, I will say that the packaging/presentation is absolutely fantastic. Most certainly, I received great value for my money. I would wholeheartedly recommend this, without question.

Did the Board Bootleg tracks make it on there or were they cut for this release?