Entre_Perpetuo

Top 5 bands of all time?

Tangy and the One-Eyed Bamboozled King Kongs

Tangy and the Naked Britney Spears Orchestra

Tangy and the pack of Fig Leaf-Wearing Gerbils

Tangy and the Hospital Porter Perverts

Tangy and the Planet of the Ape-Eating Circle Jerks

Lol

Pretty sure my recordings with Aggressive Rectal Itch surpasses the hospital porter perverts!

• Like 1

Why am I surprised at how many of you are picking the same 15 or so bands

kinda hard to top the staples like zep, sabbath, beatles, etc. and that's coming from a guy who's been accused of being a hipster because I like some bands that don't play hockey arenas

• Like 2

kinda hard to top the staples like zep, sabbath, beatles, etc. and that's coming from a guy who's been accused of being a hipster because I like some bands that don't play hockey arenas

I'm right there with you then cuz none of my faves are shared on this forum haha

I'm right there with you then cuz none of my faves are shared on this forum haha

yeah, a lot of people here have the attitude that youre not a legit band unless you're playing the taco bell super dome or trojan condoms amphitheater

Well I enjoy some Taylor Swift as much as I do my Cathedral.

So shoot me.

yeah, a lot of people here have the attitude that youre not a legit band unless you're playing the taco bell super dome or trojan condoms amphitheater

Or "if they weren't popular when I was in high school, they can't be any good....... Except for dream theater!!!"

You’re on a forum for a rock band whose heyday was around 40 years ago. And we’re talking about 5 “favorite” bands. I really like Vandenberg’s self titled debut and Heading for a Storm, but I wouldn’t call them one of my favorite bands. And you’re probably not going to get many die hard fans of The Cure or Children of Bodom here.

• Like 4

You’re on a forum for a rock band whose heyday was around 40 years ago. And we’re talking about 5 “favorite” bands. I really like Vandenberg’s self titled debut and Heading for a Storm, but I wouldn’t call them one of my favorite bands. And you’re probably not going to get many die hard fans of The Cure or Children of Bodom here.

That a because there are many metal fans here who know that there are far better bands of the era than Children Of Bodom

And when the question is "top 5 bands of all time", as opposed to "5 favorite" the pool is pretty small if a person has any objectivity at all. I love Devo, X, Cold Chisel, but are they among the top five acts of all time? :no:
  • Like 2

And when the question is "top 5 bands of all time", as opposed to "5 favorite" the pool is pretty small if a person has any objectivity at all. I love Devo, X, Cold Chisel, but are they among the top five acts of all time? :no:

What’s your beef with Vandenberg?

:)

• Like 1

vandenberg.jpg
  • Like 1

vandenberg.jpg

:LOL:

• Like 1

Or "if they weren't popular when I was in high school, they can't be any good....... Except for dream theater!!!"

As opposed to...

"I'd list my top 5, but you've probably never heard of them."

:eyeroll:

vandenberg.jpg

Their first two albums are killer.

• Like 1

vandenberg.jpg

I had forgotten about this song...

• Like 3

vandenberg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSrv1GnXMM

goose, you CANNOT pick that song. It was played on the RADIO for Christ's sake!!! Pick another one.

• Like 1

Rush

Steely dan

Zeppelin

Yes

Genesis

^^ old school

Newer bands

Porcupine Tree

Muse

Btbam

Spocks beard

Mastodon

Holy excessive bong hits batman!

At this point time i listen to ozric tentacles almost daily. Way more than the groups above.

My favorite instrumental band.

They appear to be done but ed is releasing a solo disc!

I can't really limit it to 5. I have a "top tier" of my all-time favorites, which includes:

Rush (Permanent Waves)

Led Zeppelin (Physical Graffiti)

Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here)

King Crimson (Red)

Yes (Close to the Edge)

Steven Wilson / Porcupine Tree (Deadwing)

Frank Zappa (One Size Fits All)

Tool (Lateralus)

I made a graphic montage of my top 25 bands logos last year

Top25_Bands_zpsabueak0u.jpg

• Like 3

vandenberg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSrv1GnXMM

goose, you CANNOT pick that song. It was played on the RADIO for Christ's sake!!! Pick another one.

I am a prog failure.

I can't really limit it to 5. I have a "top tier" of my all-time favorites, which includes:

Rush (Permanent Waves)

King Crimson (Red)

Yes (Close to the Edge)

Tool (Lateralus)

Very cool!

It looks like my HS peechee!

Rush (Permanent Waves)

King Crimson (Red)

Yes (Close to the Edge)

Tool (Lateralus)

Great to see another Dixie Chicks fan on the forum... Oh wait..

• Like 1

Rush (Permanent Waves)

King Crimson (Red)

Yes (Close to the Edge)

Tool (Lateralus)

Great to see another Dixie Chicks fan on the forum... Oh wait..

Great to see another grateful dead fan!

Love all but a few of those bands.