Your top 5 bands of all time.

Entre_Perpetuo

Have we done this before? I don't recall, but I think it'd be really cool to actually get everyone's top 5's out into the open for once. I'm curious to see many of them myself!

Here's mine:

Queen (favorite album A Night At The Opera)

Rush (favorite album A Farewell To Kings)

Muse (favorite album The Resistance)

Genesis (favorite album Foxtrot)

David Bowie (favorite album The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars)

• Like 4

I foresee many twenty-way ties for the #1 and #5 spots with an added “It hurt to leave out ((a list of thirty other bands))” comment.

:P

Segue will post something like that multiple times I'm sure. In the time it took me to type this his top 5 changed 12 times.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

David Bowie (favorite album The Rise And Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars)

This is not a band, this is a artist :P ;)

Hm....

true....

guess I should've specified artists....

also guess I only have 4 documented top 5 bands....

dang it Zumbi now I gotta go find another band to fall in love with! :P

That is a good thing, you should be happy about that! Finding new music is great!!!

• Like 1

That is a good thing, you should be happy about that! Finding new music is great!!!

this is true.

• Like 1

For me it comes down to who I can listen to any day, any time, and in what ever mood I’m in. These 5 fit that:

Rush

Pink Floyd

Bob Marley & The Wailers ((yes, this is a BAND and not a solo artist))

Led Zeppelin

R.E.M. ((though I’m mostly interested in their 80s stuff, the material in that decade is so strong))

• Like 3

For me it comes down to who I can listen to any day, any time, and in what ever mood I’m in. These 5 fit that:

Rush

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

R.E.M. ((though I’m mostly interested in their 80s stuff, the material in that decade is so strong))

Every time I return to R.E.M. I find they're better than I thought they were. I just listened to Green today for the first time probably in years, and everything that didn't click before clicked. Also where should one start with Bob Marley?

• Like 1

Rush

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

And now that I thought about it for more than five minutes, I’m going to have to give R.E.M. the boot and slide Jethro Tull in there instead! It’s because 70s Tull > 80s R.E.M.

There’s no room for ties! Sorry R.E.M.

• Like 1

Rush

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Every time I return to R.E.M. I find they're better than I thought they were. I just listened to Green today for the first time probably in years, and everything that didn't click before clicked. Also where should one start with Bob Marley?

I quoted my own post regarding R.E.M just now. They’d be my #6.

As for Bob Marley & The Wailers, I recommend you start with a nice, thick blunt and a tasty Cuban sandwich :blaze:

j/k

Seriously, and ironically, I’d start with Exodus. That or Catch a Fire. Not sure if they’re best to start with, I’m just saying they’re my two favorites. Can’t really go wrong what ever you start with though.

• Like 1

Rush

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

I quoted my own post regarding R.E.M just now. They’d be my #6.

As for Bob Marley & The Wailers, I recommend you start with a nice, thick blunt and a tasty Cuban sandwich :blaze:

j/k

Seriously, and ironically, I’d start with Exodus. That or Catch a Fire. Not sure if they’re best to start with, I’m just saying they’re my two favorites. Can’t really go wrong what ever you start with though.

Seeing as I can't take you up on that blunt, how about I just (listen to) Catch A Fire? lol, thx!

• Like 1

Four come to mind as very easy:

Lacuna Coil (Karmacode)

Nightwish (Endless Forms Most Beautiful)

Paradise Lost (ouch...so many...probably...erm...Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us)

Rush (honestly weird this one...their eras are so distinct my favourite depends on what era I enjoy the most. Lately it has been for a good year Vapor Trails).

A fifth?

Oh gosh...not so easy. Right now? Erm...

He's dropped a little but Bruce Springsteen is the most likely authentic and correct choice to round off my top five.

So:

Bruce Springsteen (probably Born To Run or The River)

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I foresee many twenty-way ties for the #1 and #5 spots with an added “It hurt to leave out ((a list of thirty other bands))” comment.

:P

Segue will post something like that multiple times I'm sure. In the time it took me to type this his top 5 changed 12 times.

My top three is easy. I feel safe in saying Rush is easily the fourth by this point (after seven years...they remain one of the most relevant and important bands in my life). Fifth...I cannot deny Bruce Springsteen.

But the top three is set in stone. Four and five are the only two I can think of that I cannot dispute.

This. I hesitate to put Springsteen as fifth because I see him as a solo artist (as the E Street Band are not a consistent presence throughout his entire discography).

• Like 1

Four come to mind as very easy:

Lacuna Coil (Karmacode)

Nightwish (Endless Forms Most Beautiful)

Paradise Lost (ouch...so many...probably...erm...Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us)

Rush (honestly weird this one...their eras are so distinct my favourite depends on what era I enjoy the most. Lately it has been for a good year Vapor Trails).

A fifth?

Oh gosh...not so easy. Right now? Erm...

He's dropped a little but Bruce Springsteen is the most likely authentic and correct choice to round off my top five.

So:

Bruce Springsteen (probably Born To Run or The River)

Love to see Springsteen and Rush back towards the top for you!