The day I met Alex and Geddy - here's my recap!

Rod in Toronto

Most of you know I met Alex and Geddy at an event just over a month ago. Felicia and Earl were there too. It took a while, but finally my recap of the event was published today. Check it out!!!

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/features/grapes-under-pressure-iv/?fbclid=IwAR134mt0rQykyX59XSfqV0Dz4I2EtN1wX4CK-9SNWBG5y2DytlhxB0FUrLE

• Like 13

Great read Rod. I hope they do something like this again. If so. I will want to try and be a part of it. What a great experience it was for you and 149 other fans.
  • Like 1

Rod, your writing is awesome! I felt like I was right there with you all. Thanks for sharing your account of the day the rest of us are still dreaming about!

Thank you! I'm always concerned and self-conscious about my writing - not about making mistakes, because Word prevents me from making them, but I'm always afraid that native English speakers may find my "tone" a bit naive. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! If it's not too much to ask, could everyone share this in their social media? I have asked SRO Management for an interview with Geddy and/or Alex in the future, and the more attention the article gets, the more chances I'll have of talking to either of them. A man can dream...

• Like 1

Nice Rod!!

I bet you say that to all the guys. lol

Omg, lol, I walked right into that one.

The power of punctuation.

Nice COMMA Rod.

Lol.

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 1

Rod, your writing is awesome! I felt like I was right there with you all. Thanks for sharing your account of the day the rest of us are still dreaming about!

Thank you! I'm always concerned and self-conscious about my writing - not about making mistakes, because Word prevents me from making them, but I'm always afraid that native English speakers may find my "tone" a bit naive. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! If it's not too much to ask, could everyone share this in their social media? I have asked SRO Management for an interview with Geddy and/or Alex in the future, and the more attention the article gets, the more chances I'll have of talking to either of them. A man can dream...

Will do !! I'm in a Rush fans Facebook group, is it OK if I share it there?

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Will do !! I'm in a Rush fans Facebook group, is it OK if I share it there?

PLEASE share!!!! And add me on FB too!

• Like 1

Great read Rod. I wish I had signed up now. Maybe next time! I have had the good fortune of meeting all three over the years, but certainly not in any situation that got that much face time. What a great experience for you.
  • Like 1

Pics from the event are up:

https://johngundy.photoshelter.com/gallery/2018-GUP-A-RUSH-Adventure/G0000.cccgf6CK8M?

fbclid=IwAR0TttgXar8hdcaUdTLZpwYG3KKxYhOM9FtKpbB8DUWELsv77bbuAQnO9rQ#.W_hSuR6RXmk.facebook

Awesome! Can't wait to get home to see them other than on a phone! :LOL:

DSC5260.jpg

This one doesn't show Alex in full, but it's the last goodbye before we boarded the train...

DSC6096.jpg

It’s so awesome, COMMA.......Rod.

Lol.

• Like 1

Pics from the event are up:

https://johngundy.ph...R6RXmk.facebook

Nice to see that it took three takes with Earl to get the photo right. LOL!

Holy Shit Balls guys! Nice "Eyes Wide Shut" pic. LOL! Was I looking up to the Universe to give thanks for that moment? For that priceless day?

I finally was able to read your recap Rod. Brilliant as usual with your amazing writing skills.

A day I will cherish for the rest of my life.

That autographed wine bottle will go with me into my grave.

RUSH ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I wanted to raise my Wayne Gretzky 99 whiskey and ginger beer cocktail into the air. Delicious!

• Like 1