Geddy Lee's Book Signing Event

Jag2112

Really Ged? You had to put it on my parent's birthday?? I wanted to go and say hi to you and Laura bw and ytse rush! Schedule one for Philly, please?? :wub: :wub: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

But seriously, has anyone ever been to a signing at Bookends before? When do they let you line up, and will the line be outdoors in December? Or do they give you a number based on when you buy your book? (I'm guessing outdoor line which is unfortunate, I'm not as young as I used to be! :LOL: ). My favorite signing event was when the Orange County Choppers guys came to our town in July and my daughter and I got coffee and lined up at 5:30 AM. Sat and played cards. We were first with them at 11:00 am! Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I've got better ways to spend $80 but damn I tempted...maybe a TRF meeting afterwards? Ridgewood has cool spots to chill at.

So if my wife isn't buying a book she has to wait outside?

• Like 2

I've got better ways to spend $80 but damn I tempted...maybe a TRF meeting afterwards? Ridgewood has cool spots to chill at.

That's what I am wondering too. And do they only have a limited number of books to sell, like 300 or 400? I think Laura bw has been there for signings before or her friend has, maybe she will know something.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

That's what I am wondering too. And do they only have a limited number of books to sell, like 300 or 400? I think Laura bw has been there for signings before or her friend has, maybe she will know something.

Yes, I was there last year for Bruce Dickinson. I think I was online a couple of hours, outside in the parking lot. It’s quite civilized. When you get there are you first have to go inside and get the book and then you go wait on line outside, and then the line progresses inside, and downstairs in what amounts to a basement though I couldn’t tell you how many people fit in the basement maybe 100? I’m not really sure. If I’m not mistaken you can only get downstairs if you have a book. So if you bring somebody with you they can wait outside with you but then when you go inside they would have to go elsewhere.

I don’t remember if they told us how early we could line up or not, I guess I’ll ask when it gets closer. I’ll ask my friend I was online with Bruce if he remembers what time we got there.

Ridgewood is a nice little town there’s a lot of shops and restaurants. We should definitely do a TRF meet up. I know at least one other person going though I don’t know if she’s on here or not . I’m not sure about the limits the best thing to do would be to call the book shop I signed up right away cause obviously I didn’t want to miss it. They were probably be one in the city but it has not yet been announced.

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 3

Yes, I was there last year for Bruce Dickinson. I think I was online a couple of hours, outside in the parking lot. It’s quite civilized. When you get there are you first have to go inside and get the book and then you go wait on line outside, and then the line progresses inside, and downstairs in what amounts to a basement though I couldn’t tell you how many people fit in the basement maybe 100? I’m not really sure. If I’m not mistaken you can only get downstairs if you have a book. So if you bring somebody with you they can wait outside with you but then when you go inside they would have to go elsewhere.

I don’t remember if they told us how early we could line up or not, I guess I’ll ask when it gets closer. I’ll ask my friend I was online with Bruce if he remembers what time we got there.

Ridgewood is a nice little town there’s a lot of shops and restaurants. We should definitely do a TRF meet up. I know at least one other person going though I don’t know if she’s on here or not . I’m not sure about the limits the best thing to do would be to call the book shop I signed up right away cause obviously I didn’t want to miss it. They were probably be one in the city but it has not yet been announced.

Thanks for all of the information! I hope I can make it happen but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the information! I hope I can make it happen but I'm not sure.

That would be great.

• Like 3

I already pre-ordered—they sell limited books for the signings. Jackie Chan a couple of weeks earlier is sold out. If you want to attend, use the link on their website to attend an event and then click on Geddy’s photo to preorder. Limit of 5 books per person.
  • Like 2

so my friend thinks it was about 3 hours total in all last year for Bruce Dickinson, he said we were there about 1:30 before the doors opened and then we waited another 1:30 before it was our turn. And we were somewhere in the middle of the crowd. I will say I remember it was kind of warm downstairs in the basement room, so layers is the key here, since first we're outside and then inside!
  • Like 2

so my friend thinks it was about 3 hours total in all last year for Bruce Dickinson, he said we were there about 1:30 before the doors opened and then we waited another 1:30 before it was our turn. And we were somewhere in the middle of the crowd. I will say I remember it was kind of warm downstairs in the basement room, so layers is the key here, since first we're outside and then inside!

Timing is everything. I expect it will be a long day/night but there's still a month to figure it all out.

• Like 3

For $80, I want a picture with Geddy.

I've been to book signings where you hand your phone to an assistant and they will take a photo ( of you and the musician ) right after your book is signed. It's quick and really doesn't delay the line.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

They said candid photos from the line is OK. That’s how I got my pictures last year with Bruce Dickinson. I got an email today that said it’s filling up fast.

The books though let’s not forget, is huge and expensive all on its own.

• Like 1

For $80, I want a picture with Geddy.

I've been to book signings where you hand your phone to an assistant and they will take a photo ( of you and the musician ) right after your book is signed. It's quick and really doesn't delay the line.

i agree, no picture is a dealbreaker!

• Like 1

You CAN get pix, just not posed. And I like candid pix of the moments better anyway. Go to my Instagram, lbw16, you can see my pix from Bruce Dickinson, at Bookends last year. Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 2

They said candid photos from the line is OK. That’s how I got my pictures last year with Bruce Dickinson. I got an email today that said it’s filling up fast.

The books though let’s not forget, is huge and expensive all on its own.

What does that mean exactly? You can take pix while you’re standing in line when Geddy is signing someone else’s book? Or you’re just standing in front of the table and someone quickly takes a pic of you with Geddy sitting down with his pen ready?

I saw the book on Amazon for 40 bones. Seems reasonable for a hardcover of that size.

• Like 1

Either/or. You can have people snapping pix of you when he's signing your book and shaking your hand, and you can do it for other people too.

I've seen it for 40 and I've seen it for 70, not sure what the difference is.

• Like 3

I got an email today that they’re almost sold out in case anyone is on the fence

I think I’m gonna skip this but I’m up for a TRF gathering in Ridgewood...dig that town.

• Like 1

Sold out! But whoever's going, I'm down to meet up before, at the line (then we can take pix of each other), after, whatever! Halfway and ytserush (is that your name, lol.) Anyone else? Stephen r u going? Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 1

Yeah,I’m down for having each other’s backs for photos whether it’s “here take my phone” or just text/email them from our own phones after we are done. My 7 year-old son will be tagging along, so I can’t really do a bar hangout, but I’m guessing Geddy will spend a second or two chatting him up.
  • Like 3

I apologize if this was already posted, but this announcement was on Rush Backstage club this morning. something to look forward to, for those of us that couldn't make the NJ signing. (Although with my luck, the new dates will be Toronto . . .). I'm still hoping for DC or Philly!

CMocXhmh.png

• Like 1