Geddy Lee's Book Signing Event

Jag2112

Did you get an email from Indigo asking for the name? I didn't get anything...

I actually got no email—the NJ event has nothing to do with indigo, it’s run by the local bookstore, and I only found out about the personalization issue after it was posted in this thread. I checked the bookstore’s website, and they added all those details to the description of the event on the home page, so I gave them a call and gave them the info. I think if I was on their mailing list I would have gotten an email, but I didn’t join it. I’m guessing anyone who doesn’t give them the info ahead of time will be asked before their books are handed to them on the 18th. Indigo could do that if they didn’t request names up front. I wouldn’t worry about it, though. You’re getting to say hello and a signed book no matter what, so any other little details are just details unless you’re intent is to scalp these things on ebay—scalper’s have just resorted to listing them in advance and promising to have them personalized for the ebay buyer to get around the effort to avoid re-sales.

Yes, that was always one of the instructions for mailing things to them to be signed on tour- They supposedly would only do it personalized for a name, to prevent the same type of resale thing.

I wish he would come over to London for one or two signing sessions. I've seriously considered buying a ticket for the Toronto event. But once I started checking out airline ticketprices my heart broke almost immediately. It is seriously wayyyy to expensive for me to fly from AMS to YYZ on such short notice :blink:
  • Like 3

I wish he would come over to London for one or two signing sessions. I've seriously considered buying a ticket for the Toronto event. But once I started checking out airline ticketprices my heart broke almost immediately. It is seriously wayyyy to expensive for me to fly from AMS to YYZ on such short notice :blink:

Hi CTM ! :hi: I was just watching your "Four from the Floor" the other day and reliving . . . :). Geddy has said that more signings are planned for the New Year; I hope that's true. Worse luck about the ticket prices, though.

• Like 1

Hi CTM ! :hi: I was just watching your "Four from the Floor" the other day and reliving . . . :). Geddy has said that more signings are planned for the New Year; I hope that's true. Worse luck about the ticket prices, though.

Hi blueschica :hi:

After posting here last night I decided to reply to Ged's BBBB T.O. signing event post on IG. I wrote: "It would be wonderful if you could do one or two book signings in London (UK)". Guess what? When I woke up this morning and checked my IG feed I couldn't believe my eyes... He :heart: my reply :wub: So now I'm hoping he'll consider doing a signing event in London (UK) as well. Receiving that little :heart: icon really made my day :banana:

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 3

You’d probably be better off getting one of those numbered editions than flying anywhere for a signing, as cool as it is to get a rare moment face to face.

I disagree ;) I'd love to meet one of them in person. Even if it meant for only 60 seconds in a bookstore. That would be a moment in my life that I would cherish forever :)

• Like 2

After posting here last night I decided to reply to Ged's BBBB T.O. signing event post on IG. I wrote: "It would be wonderful if you could do one or two book signings in London (UK)". Guess what? When I woke up this morning and checked my IG feed I couldn't believe my eyes... He :heart: my relpy :wub: So now I'm hoping he'll consider doing a signing event in London (UK) as well. Receiving that little :heart: icon really made my day :banana:

I saw that on IG; I didn't know that was you! He replies to people so rarely; I thought, "Wow, lucky person!" :LOL:

• Like 1

After posting here last night I decided to reply to Ged's BBBB T.O. signing event post on IG. I wrote: "It would be wonderful if you could do one or two book signings in London (UK)". Guess what? When I woke up this morning and checked my IG feed I couldn't believe my eyes... He :heart: my relpy :wub: So now I'm hoping he'll consider doing a signing event in London (UK) as well. Receiving that little :heart: icon really made my day :banana:

I saw that on IG; I didn't know that was you! He replies to people so rarely; I thought, "Wow, lucky person!" :LOL:

I know, so receiving this like from him feels pretty special :)

• Like 1

Less than 24 hours to meet Geddy again!

Tell us all about it, I would like to get an idea of what to expect on Tuesday!!

I'm waiting a year until an unsigned version of the book ends up on ebay for half of original cost.

I'll read it and check it out. Then put it back on ebay and get most of my money back.

It's not the holy grail folks.

Yeah buzzkill.

Edited by HemiBeers

Yeah, I felt a bit like cattle. I asked Geddy to sign my AFTK booklet, and he said no. Whatever...it was still worth it. The worst part was to carry not one, but TWO very heavy books opened for a couple of blocks, so that the ink wouldn't smudge. I bought one for a friend of mine and he could not attend.

Yeah, I felt a bit like cattle. I asked Geddy to sign my AFTK booklet, and he said no. Whatever...it was still worth it. The worst part was to carry not one, but TWO very heavy books opened for a couple of blocks, so that the ink wouldn't smudge. I bought one for a friend of mine and he could not attend.

Was that a nice no though lol? My personal experience of meeting Geddy was that he was polite and courteous but a little cold.

• Like 1

Was that a nice no though lol? My personal experience of meeting Geddy was that he was polite and courteous but a little cold.

Same. And this was TOTALLY different from the Grapes Under Pressure event, where he was much warmer.

• Like 2

Same. And this was TOTALLY different from the Grapes Under Pressure event, where he was much warmer.

He probably had by that time a few glasses of red, lol

• Like 1

Yeah, the books look huge, I'm getting one extra for friend too!

• Like 2