Geddy Lee's Book Signing Event

Jag2112

Either/or. You can have people snapping pix of you when he's signing your book and shaking your hand, and you can do it for other people too.

I've seen it for 40 and I've seen it for 70, not sure what the difference is.

Difference is Bookends wants to make money on this. I held off getting the book for less because I figured there would be a signing. They get their money and I get a few seconds with Geddy in the receiving line.

Either/or. You can have people snapping pix of you when he's signing your book and shaking your hand, and you can do it for other people too.

Difference is Bookends wants to make money on this. I held off getting the book for less because I figured there would be a signing. They get their money and I get a few seconds with Geddy in the receiving line.

Except, Barnes & Noble was selling it for $70 something too...

Odd that NJ is #1 on the list, not that I’m complaining.

Wasn't it number one for the CD signing too? We got him the day it was released I think.

I thought someone said Edison was first?

Except, Barnes & Noble was selling it for $70 something too...

i was going by what Amazon and the backstage club was selling it for when pre-orders opened. ($40-$50) I guess other than Barnes and Noble, there really aren't too many places to get this. I suppose independents would probably charge $70-$80 too.

Odd that NJ is #1 on the list, not that I’m complaining.

Wasn't it number one for the CD signing too? We got him the day it was released I think.

I thought someone said Edison was first?

Menlo Park Mall CD World.

Ah, ok.

• Like 1

Really? What about people with multiple books? Id think he’d just ask at the table if he is personalizing them. Otherwise it’s fine by me. I got no contact about this. My email confirming my order just says give them you name and order number at the counter before joining the line, I thought to pick up your copies of the book and get wristbands. Edited by HalfwayToGone

Really? What about people with multiple books? Id think he’d just ask at the table if he is personalizing them. Otherwise it’s fine by me. I got no contact about this. My email confirming my order just says give them you name and order number at the counter before joining the line, I thought to pick up your copies of the book and get wristbands.

I got the email today. Because if he had to ask every person who came to get books signed what their name was and how to spell it, think how much more time the whole event would take. I’ve been to bookends before, they’ll write the name on a piece of paper and stick it in the book and then it can move things along quicker.

• Like 2

I’ll check my junk folder just in case, not that it matters. It’s not like I’d demand my money back if they hit me with this on arrival. It’s to discourage profiteering and get more “real fans” a shot at getting in.

EDIT—yeah, I got nothing from bookends, but I see it on the website now and it says to call them to give them names. Gave them a call, and also confirmed that I’m bringing my son for the second book, so we’re all set.

Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 1

I’ll check my junk folder just in case, not that it matters. It’s not like I’d demand my money back if they hit me with this on arrival. It’s to discourage profiteering and get more “real fans” a shot at getting in.

EDIT—yeah, I got nothing from bookends, but I see it on the website now and it says to call them to give them names. Gave them a call, and also confirmed that I’m bringing my son for the second book, so we’re all set.

I got the email, but haven't call yet. I figure there's still time to figure out how I want it personalized. Haven't settled on "the one" yet.

• Like 1

I just gave them my name and my son’s. Maybe I’ll call back and ask for a John Lovitz style dedication: “To my best friend in the whole world, Dan, the bestest drummer in the world (don’t tell Neil I said that), who I have dinner with all the time and the only person I’d take bullet for outside of my immediate family. Your biggest fan, Geddy Lee!!!!!!!” And there has to be exactly 7 exclamation points at the end. My son’s could be, “To Josh, the most handsomest, smartest, strongest, most creative, talented and lovable little boy in the world. I wish I could be your dad! Your biggest fan, Geddy Lee!!!!!!!” On the other hand, maybe I’ll just leave it “To Dan” and “To Josh” Hey, how about this? “To Dan, Halfway To Gone is my favorite band of all time! Good thing you formed in 1999, because you would have smoked us every night if our bands ever had to tour together! Your #1 fan, Geddy Lee!” (Note only one exclamation point—wouldn’t want to be silly, now would we?) Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 2

I just gave them my name and my son’s. Maybe I’ll call back and ask for a John Lovitz style dedication: “To my best friend in the whole world, Dan, the bestest drummer in the world (don’t tell Neil I said that), who I have dinner with all the time and the only person I’d take bullet for outside of my immediate family. Your biggest fan, Geddy Lee!!!!!!!” And there has to be exactly 7 exclamation points at the end. My son’s could be, “To Josh, the most handsomest, smartest, strongest, most creative, talented and lovable little boy in the world. I wish I could be your dad! Your biggest fan, Geddy Lee!!!!!!!” On the other hand, maybe I’ll just leave it “To Dan” and “To Josh” Hey, how about this? “To Dan, Halfway To Gone is my favorite band of all time! Good thing you formed in 1999, because you would have smoked us every night if our bands ever had to tour together! Your #1 fan, Geddy Lee!” (Note only one exclamation point—wouldn’t want to be silly, now would we?)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Good plan with the lengthy dedication!

• Like 1

$30

lmao :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Good plan with the lengthy dedication!

carpal tunnel syndrome can kiss my you know what....seriously though, my plan is to not be “that guy”

That’s why I’m not going to bring my wife... Morgan Fairchild!...whom I’ve slept with! Yeah, that’s the ticket!

• Like 2

I just gave them my name and my son’s. Maybe I’ll call back and ask for a John Lovitz style dedication: “To my best friend in the whole world, Dan, the bestest drummer in the world (don’t tell Neil I said that), who I have dinner with all the time and the only person I’d take bullet for outside of my immediate family. Your biggest fan, Geddy Lee!!!!!!!” And there has to be exactly 7 exclamation points at the end. My son’s could be, “To Josh, the most handsomest, smartest, strongest, most creative, talented and lovable little boy in the world. I wish I could be your dad! Your biggest fan, Geddy Lee!!!!!!!” On the other hand, maybe I’ll just leave it “To Dan” and “To Josh” Hey, how about this? “To Dan, Halfway To Gone is my favorite band of all time! Good thing you formed in 1999, because you would have smoked us every night if our bands ever had to tour together! Your #1 fan, Geddy Lee!” (Note only one exclamation point—wouldn’t want to be silly, now would we?)

Did you get an email from Indigo asking for the name? I didn't get anything...

Did you get an email from Indigo asking for the name? I didn't get anything...

I actually got no email—the NJ event has nothing to do with indigo, it’s run by the local bookstore, and I only found out about the personalization issue after it was posted in this thread. I checked the bookstore’s website, and they added all those details to the description of the event on the home page, so I gave them a call and gave them the info. I think if I was on their mailing list I would have gotten an email, but I didn’t join it. I’m guessing anyone who doesn’t give them the info ahead of time will be asked before their books are handed to them on the 18th. Indigo could do that if they didn’t request names up front. I wouldn’t worry about it, though. You’re getting to say hello and a signed book no matter what, so any other little details are just details unless you’re intent is to scalp these things on ebay—scalper’s have just resorted to listing them in advance and promising to have them personalized for the ebay buyer to get around the effort to avoid re-sales.

Hey good luck to ged whatever makes him happy but cant help feeling, as someone with no interest in bass history etc, that the last few years been wasted chance for more music from the man. I'd have loved a new solo effort

That being said i hope all you bass enthusiasts enjoy the new book and again, sincerely hope ged as happy as he seems to be. Of course the instrument means a lot to him and writing a book on it must be a fantastic rush he the perfect guy to do it

Edited by lifeson90