Geddy Lee's Book Signing Event

Jag2112

I honestly think, if i had not tried to promp him to speak, he would not have opened his mouth :huh:

My thoughts exactly

Thats a little sad

Then again maybe ged will realize that being a rock star is way cooler than being an author and get his ass back in a recording studio.......

• Like 3

Well one of the guys there said he had a really bad cold and was all raspy, maybe that’s why he was more subdued than usual? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow

Well one of the guys there said he had a really bad cold and was all raspy, maybe that’s why he was more subdued than usual? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow

Sounded like a cold in the interviews I've heard so far. I imagine it will be more of the same tomorrow. I'm sure being pushed by the publicist isn't helping.

• Like 1

Sounded like a cold in the interviews I've heard so far. I imagine it will be more of the same tomorrow. I'm sure being pushed by the publicist isn't helping.

Yep. But I just saw a handful of pictures on Instagram and he didn’t look too miserable, I just hope he’s no worse tomorrow .

• Like 2

Ok, I just read on Facebook that people online said he was going to be doing Va, Pa and NYC. Who the people were that were saying it, I have no idea and how they know, I also have no idea. Not surprised about NYC though of course.
  • Like 3

I managed to get a really bad cold too starting yesterday. I just took a pair of alleve tablets so I’m not miserable later, but I’m going to opt out of any meet ups and try to keep my hands to myself so I don’t get anyone sick. Perfect timing.

Ok, I just read on Facebook that people online said he was going to be doing Va, Pa and NYC. Who the people were that were saying it, I have no idea and how they know, I also have no idea. Not surprised about NYC though of course.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for somewhere in Pa or northern Virginia! I can try to make one of those more easily.

• Like 2

Okay, so my moments with Geddy are over. I got two books and when he saw the second posted he said are you Laura and I said "yes I am, I'm a very happy Laura right now." I think he said hello but I'm not even really sure, LOL.

I wore my Moon records t-shirt and as I stepped back

that was when he saw it and said "wow I've never seen one of those before" and I said "oh you can get it at redbubble.com if you'd like one" and he laughed.

• Like 4

Okay, so my moments with Geddy are over. I got two books and when he saw the second posted he said are you Laura and I said "yes I am, I'm a very happy Laura right now." I think he said hello but I'm not even really sure, LOL.

that was when he saw it and said "wow I've never seen one of those before" and I said "oh you can get it at redbubble.com if you'd like one" and he laughed.

Yesterday there were at least 20 of those shirts in line, so if i saw them, he saw them. C,mon Ged, stop fibbing. lol

How cool that he spoke to you personally! That's awesome. :) :)

• Like 2

Halfway where r u????

Hey, sorry I missed you yesterday! I tried to get there right at 3, but traffic and then parking delayed us a little bit, and we probably got on line around 3:30. We were about halfway down the second “row” of people. My 7 year-old son gave Geddy a cute little pencil drawing he made of Rush in the parking lot, and Geddy thanked him very sweetly before I stepped up and thanked him and told him we had met 25 years ago/my best friend almost spilled his drink on Geddy’s shoe. He just had a huge grin the whole time and was like, “oh, really?”

How I managed to get through that wait outside in the freezing cold without getting pnuemonia is beyond me. The meds really saved the day for me. By the time the line started to move, my son was starting to freak out about how cold he was, and I felt like the worst dad on the planet, but once we got indoors it was all good. I actually feel a bit better this morning but I’m still having some mild sweats and chills. I read up to the Fender Jazz bass section so far. Gear nerds will surely love this book!

• Like 3

Halfway where r u????

Hey, sorry I missed you yesterday! I tried to get there right at 3, but traffic and then parking delayed us a little bit, and we probably got on line around 3:30. We were about halfway down the second “row” of people. My 7 year-old son gave Geddy a cute little pencil drawing he made of Rush in the parking lot, and Geddy thanked him very sweetly before I stepped up and thanked him and told him we had met 25 years ago/my best friend almost spilled his drink on Geddy’s shoe. He just had a huge grin the whole time and was like, “oh, really?”

How I managed to get through that wait outside in the freezing cold without getting pnuemonia is beyond me. The meds really saved the day for me. By the time the line started to move, my son was starting to freak out about how cold he was, and I felt like the worst dad on the planet, but once we got indoors it was all good. I actually feel a bit better this morning but I’m still having some mild sweats and chills. I read up to the Fender Jazz bass section so far. Gear nerds will surely love this book!

I was probably right near you, I was with the blond girl who had on a dress and short leggings and the Geddy tat on her calf. I mean, I met her and her Dad on the line, and I also waited with YTSErush, or whatever his name is, (real name John), from TRF. I had on a white ski jacket and was the one who announced when he showed up.

It was brutally cold, it took me a long time to warm up. That’s cute about the drawing!

• Like 1

Halfway where r u????

That's so great! What a wonderful memory for you and your son to have. Thanks for sharing the photos! Geddy's smile is so lovely and genuine, you can tell he really enjoyed the drawing!

• Like 2

I was probably right near you, I was with the blond girl who had on a dress and short leggings and the Geddy tat on her calf. I mean, I met her and her Dad on the line, and I also waited with YTSErush, or whatever his name is, (real name John), from TRF. I had on a white ski jacket and was the one who announced when he showed up.

It was brutally cold, it took me a long time to warm up. That’s cute about the drawing!

Yeah, I saw his car pull up and was like “look! There’s the man!” And when he emerged from the caddy I let out a “whoo hoo!” I love how all the books are signed “Glee” by the way—I’m sure he was trying to save his wrist/hamd by not including his full first name, but given the whole UFO story of how they nicknamed him Glee I just thought of that right away.

Full disclosure, though, I’m sure both photos I posted were just before my son (who walked up alone before I then followed up) gave Geddy his sketch, so that smile was ever-present while I was downstairs. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to have someone shoot a photo of me at the table, so I am nowhere to be found in the ones I posted.

Oh, and I’m considerably further through the book, having a day off and being too sick to do much other than rest and read. I’m well into the Rickenbackers and still planning to power through. Obviously, collecting stuff is something I relate to heavily in this (I have a lot of rock memorabilia piled up and a comic book collection as well as a bunch of 1966 Batman TV series stuff of all sorts and a bunch of vintage toys), and being a serious musician for over 30 years, hanging out with gear fanatics of all sorts, this stuff is not all unfamiliar territory...

Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 3

Halfway where r u????

Glad you're feeling better. I'm planning on sitting down with the book sometime over the weekend. I only just read the credits page.

I was mostly fine waiting in line except a few times when the wind really picked up. I spent about an hour and change trying to find a spot where there weren't any signs about getting towed. The two and three hour meter limits weren't going to be enough.

Who said it was the holy grail? We just want to say hello to the guy.

All I wanted to do was thank him (again.) He seemed genuinely appreciative when I did. I might even do it again if circumstances permit.

Right on! He may do NYC—ya nevah know... My only regret is that I didn’t have enough time to share that the guitar tech who showed Geddy and Alex all of Steve Howe’s guitars during RRHOF rehearsals and let them fondle them is a dear friend and former bandmate of mine. Lucky bastard worked with Yes, Adrian Belew, Eddie Jobson/UK reunion, Greg Lake (!!!!!!!!), and has gotten to know fairly well just about every prog rock hero we worshipped together in high school. He even chilled with Alan Holdsworth back in the day and got to fiddle with his synthaxe.

• Like 4

Yeah, I saw his car pull up and was like “look! There’s the man!” And when he emerged from the caddy I let out a “whoo hoo!” I love how all the books are signed “Glee” by the way—I’m sure he was trying to save his wrist/hamd by not including his full first name, but given the whole UFO story of how they nicknamed him Glee I just thought of that right away.

Full disclosure, though, I’m sure both photos I posted were just before my son (who walked up alone before I then followed up) gave Geddy his sketch, so that smile was ever-present while I was downstairs. Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to have someone shoot a photo of me at the table, so I am nowhere to be found in the ones I posted.

Oh, and I’m considerably further through the book, having a day off and being too sick to do much other than rest and read. I’m well into the Rickenbackers and still planning to power through. Obviously, collecting stuff is something I relate to heavily in this (I have a lot of rock memorabilia piled up and a comic book collection as well as a bunch of 1966 Batman TV series stuff of all sorts and a bunch of vintage toys), and being a serious musician for over 30 years, hanging out with gear fanatics of all sorts, this stuff is not all unfamiliar territory...

I noticed he changed his signature too. Since Rush no longer is a a going concern maybe he wanted a change.

I kind of have the collecting bug myself for certain things.