The Sloppy Foot Cowboys - Put my Foot Down

Fridge

Been a while since our little collective put something out due to various commitments, but here is a little something that has been completed called Put My Foot Down

I wrote the music and played most of the guitars including second solo as well as programming drums

Non-TRFer Mike wrote lyrics and did vocals.

JARG contributed a cool filler solo after the first verse

PM&S has stamped his big bottom end all over it.

And of course, Stoopid has made it all sound most excellent with his mixing and mastering expertise.

Hope you enjoy.

https://www.dropbox....RiIAPrP6kkjkwAY

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 5

I like the snarky attitude of this song. Good playing all around. I really like how it goes into the chorus.

Would have liked to hear JARG's solo a little better. It seems like it's loud enough, but to my ears it seems to be getting a little lost in the mix. Paul, your solo is a real nice fit. I like the tone you went for there, a nice contrast to the tone you used for the rest of the song.

• Like 4

oh shit, this is great -- something I would definitely buy

Best one yet guys -- the sound, the playing and the song itself - all excellent

Love the guitar break at around the 1:50 mark ... without the bones, there is no point in listening to a song - and this one has it in spades

• Like 3

Would have liked to hear JARG's solo a little better. It seems like it's loud enough, but to my ears it seems to be getting a little lost in the mix. Paul, your solo is a real nice fit. I like the tone you went for there, a nice contrast to the tone you used for the rest of the song.

You can blame John for overzealous use of effects ;) . I tried to punch it through a bit with some EQ'ing, compression only made it worse.

I think he was going for a mood filler part, not necessarily a full blown lead. Kinda like Alex on most stuff post RtB.

• Like 1

Been a while since our little collective put something out due to various commitments, but here is a little something that has been completed called Put My Foot Down

I'm losing count of tracks in-progress. How many news songs are in the works now? 5, 6? 2019 is going to be a busy year. :)

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 2