You favorite drum sound

tks95747

Best DRUM sound… Moving Pictures, without a doubt. One, the Tamas sounded excellent. Two, you can really hear the drums themselves in how they are tuned, recorded, MIXED and played. Three, because there is a lot of space in most songs on that album that allow the drums to really come through more. Vital Signs… Witch Hunt… Camera Eye and Tom Sawyer are all wicked drum tracks.

I don’t get the DW drums at all. Horrible sound.

Edited by Thunder Bay Rush
  • Like 3

After test for echo for me, when maybe the producer gave the band too much say in how they wanted it to sound, if you get my drift.

Yes, I get your drift, however, I think it would have been more apropos to have said " ... if you 'catch the drift' " ... [if you catch the drift] :rush:

That PeW - Signals Tama kit was excellent and was mixed superbly.

The Red Tamas were fantastic and also mixed superbly as the synths expanded

The HYF Ludwig kit was amazing loved that sound

T4E forward the drums sound like wet logs made out of dog turds.

I actually spit my diet coke out through my nose as I read your closing comment... :laughing guy:

Anyone think that the little kit used by Neil on Mal.Nar. sounds better than his main one!?

Neil could get more out of Hello Kitty drum kit than a lot of other drummers get out of a 20 piece kit~

The electric drums on GUP,yeah man they were cool,like so 80s man.Yeah i am high ,drunk,stuff all that marching band bass drums and bongos analogue stuff :Neil:

Still a great album though. :codger:

When sober i think MP or Counterparts.I went back and had a really good listen to the drums on Counterparts.

• Like 1