Revealing Quote By Geddy Lee on Rush Retirement

Tony R

Has Olivia started playing the drums yet? The road makes for a great classroom.

Neil could still write insipid inspiring lyrics.

The man wrote lyrics so complex and world-changing, that they’d be worthy of forum signatures

Truly a legend when it comes to the pen

This guy knows what he's talking about. He's promoted Neil's most "inspired" lyrics in his signature for years now

Yea same with me, thank you.

The man wrote lyrics so complex and world-changing, that they’d be worthy of forum signatures

This guy knows what he's talking about. He's promoted Neil's most "inspired" lyrics in his signature for years now

Another advocate of our acclaimed wordsmith

Another advocate of our acclaimed wordsmith

I think Neil is a top teir lyricist by rock standards but not an amazing poet. Would anyone other than Rush fans buy a Neil Peart poetry book?

Neil came to them before R40 and said "Guys, I'm done" and they still got 30 shows out of him that he didn't have to do. Despite acting like a child over it, it was good on him to do that at least.

I don't think it's accurate to characterize Neil's behavior as childlike, especially given what he's gone through.

Neil came to them before R40 and said "Guys, I'm done" and they still got 30 shows out of him that he didn't have to do. Despite acting like a child over it, it was good on him to do that at least.

I don't think it's accurate to characterize Neil's behavior as childlike, especially given what he's gone through.

He said he had a bit of a tantrum in his hotel room that evening.

From the R40 Documentary:

“The bastard pulled that exact card,” says Peart. “Alex said he has arthritis and said, ‘I’d really like to go out one more time and don’t know if I’ll be able to.’ That night in my hotel room, I had the worst attack of Tourette’s you’ve ever heard. I felt trapped. I was stomping around and cursing. But by the next day it was like, ‘It is what it is. Deal with it!'”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rushs-revealing-new-tour-doc-time-stand-still-10-things-we-learned-122571/

From the R40 Documentary:

“The bastard pulled that exact card,” says Peart. “Alex said he has arthritis and said, ‘I’d really like to go out one more time and don’t know if I’ll be able to.’ That night in my hotel room, I had the worst attack of Tourette’s you’ve ever heard. I felt trapped. I was stomping around and cursing. But by the next day it was like, ‘It is what it is. Deal with it!'”

https://www.rollings...learned-122571/

I don't see that as childlike at all. The man thought he was done with touring, and I'd be privately upset to if I were called out of retirement. The fact that he was willing to admit it in the documentary shows that he views his reaction with more humor but has decided he is done. Let him be.

• Like 2

It was obvious to me that Geddy was upset with the fact that Neil was done with the band, and he was in denial for the first few months. Perfectly natural to feel bitter about this seeing as Ged was the only one that seemed to enjoy touring, and was lucky enough to have no health issues that got in the way.

Interesting that he mentions that “since then” they’ve remained friends which suggests there was some friction in the initial decision.

It's interesting to YOU, because you're still obsessed with blaming Neil Peart for everything and calling him a selfish prick. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

I don't find him selfish.

:LOL: Nice intentional omission.

:LOL:

Just found that.

:LOL:

Usual goose exchange...

[sCENE: at a local watering hole]

goose: You look a little down. Everything okay, bud?

goose’s close pal: Man, last night my wife called me a fat, lazy asshole.

goose: Don’t let it get to you too much. If it’s any consolation, I don’t think you’re that overweight.

:P

Nailed it. :LOL:
  • Like 1

It was obvious to me that Geddy was upset with the fact that Neil was done with the band, and he was in denial for the first few months. Perfectly natural to feel bitter about this seeing as Ged was the only one that seemed to enjoy touring, and was lucky enough to have no health issues that got in the way.

That sentiment is revealed by Geddy here...starting around 3:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFze-Oj2UdA

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It was made before Neil's diagnosis so I wouldn't read too much into it. 

That's exactly what I mean.  These kinds of trivial disagreements pale in the face of Neil's diagnosis, and I'm sure they were completely forgotten as soon as Ged and Al heard the news.