Revealing Quote By Geddy Lee on Rush Retirement

Tony R

AbZIsK.jpg

Interview in Classic Rock. Reading between the lines, Lee, and presumably Lifeson, didn’t initially comprehend Peart’s decision to retire - “I started to understand”. Interesting that he mentions that “since then” they’ve remained friends which suggests there was some friction in the initial decision.

• Like 4

AbZIsK.jpg

Interview in Classic Rock. Reading between the lines, Lee, and presumably Lifeson, didn’t initially comprehend Peart’s decision to retire - “I started to understand”. Interesting that he mentions that “since then” they’ve remained friends which suggests there was some friction in the initial decision.

Link to whole article?

The article goes on to say:

Neil's decision was also based on the fact that, apparently, he was the only one who could hear what was coming from the vocal monitors during "Lakeside Park" on the final tour

Yeeeeouch!

• Like 4

AbZIsK.jpg

Link to whole article?

It's on issuu, which I find hard to read; I'm going to buy the magazine! (I have to keep hitting the + button too many times! :LOL:) But here is the link, the interview is on Page 36.

https://issuu.com/pr...-_december_2018

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

AbZIsK.jpg

Thank you, Tony! I look forward to getting the magazine!

Neil's decision was also based on the fact that, apparently, he was the only one who could hear what was coming from the vocal monitors during "Lakeside Park" on the final tour

Hey, it wasn’t great, but my dad and I sure didn’t care at the time. CTTH is the only really embarrassing vocal from that tour.

• Like 2

How bad was it?

AbZIsK.jpg

So he's saying there's a chance....

;)

• Like 2

Interesting that he mentions that “since then” they’ve remained friends which suggests there was some friction in the initial decision.

It's interesting to YOU, because you're still obsessed with blaming Neil Peart for everything and calling him a selfish prick. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

• Like 1

OMG.... I'm not the ONLY one?????? You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar~

OMG.... I'm not the ONLY one?????? You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar~

Am I missing something? I don’t get it.

Indeed, Ged's voice unlistenable to at times at the end, wouldn't be surprising if this prime influencer in Neil's decision

AbZIsK.jpg

Link to whole article?

It's on issuu, which I find hard to read; I'm going to buy the magazine! (I have to keep hitting the + button too many times! :LOL:) But here is the link, the interview is on Page 36.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Interesting that he mentions that “since then” they’ve remained friends which suggests there was some friction in the initial decision.

It's interesting to YOU, because you're still obsessed with blaming Neil Peart for everything and calling him a selfish prick. :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

I don't find him selfish.
  • Like 4

AbZIsK.jpg

Link to whole article?

Thanks!

You're welcome! :hi: Jag2112 also put up another link where the article is transcribed; it might be a little easier to read??

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/classic-rock-12.2018.php

• Like 2

Neither do I.

Sadly, though, certain people here have a pathological need to hate Neil Peart. They are the selfish ones.

• Like 5

:LOL: Nice intentional omission.

• Like 3

Ok, the paper asked the question and Lee chose to reply. That suggests that there is interest, does it not?

Read the quotes, the choice of words are interesting and important.

He states that over time he started to understand that Peart’s decision to retire was the right decision for him. Since then (presumably when he came to understand) they have remained good friends.

• Like 1