Revisiting Every Rush Album In Order: Caress Of Steel (1975)

Segue Myles

I love COS but I have to be in the mood(sorry) for it.Of course a lot of it is completely bonkers but there were a lot of it about back then.As said I find the narrative on The Necromancer poorly executed(is that Neil?).I wonder if The Fountain’s parts were linked together would it flow better.Diadicts just seems plonked in there like dogs....I once played this album to a friend followed by Power Windows.He didn’t believe it was the same band.

I love COS but I have to be in the mood(sorry) for it.Of course a lot of it is completely bonkers but there were a lot of it about back then.As said I find the narrative on The Necromancer poorly executed(is that Neil?).I wonder if The Fountain’s parts were linked together would it flow better.Diadicts just seems plonked in there like dogs....I once played this album to a friend followed by Power Windows.He didn’t believe it was the same band.

I would wager that at the time they recorded PoW, the band didn't think of themselves as the "same band" that birthed CoS. . . To this day, I am bewildered that the band who blessed us with "Cygnus X-1: Book One: The Voyage" is equally responsible for thrusting "Totem" upon us~ the innocent, unwitting and unaware.

"Dance around my totem pole.... To-tem Po-ole"... OMG ... Hit by a errant hockey puck.... :hockeygoon:

• Like 1

My Favorite! :rush: As Goose so eloquently put it... "Incredible atmosphere, and the playing is the perfect balance of rawness and budding technical mastery" TRUTH~

An amazing album, better than Moving Pictures for me.

Yeah, me too.

I neither agree nor disagree. The run from Steel to Pictures is perhaps the most perfect run of albums in the universe!

I could easily stretch it to the debut to Counterparts to be honest.

• Like 1

I would wager that at the time they recorded PoW, the band didn't think of themselves as the "same band" that birthed CoS. . . To this day, I am bewildered that the band who blessed us with "Cygnus X-1: Book One: The Voyage" is equally responsible for thrusting "Totem" upon us~ the innocent, unwitting and unaware.

"Dance around my totem pole.... To-tem Po-ole"... OMG ... Hit by a errant hockey puck.... :hockeygoon:

Totem along with other wussy gems like Tai Shan or Second Nature or boring dreck like Good News First, Bravest Face etc :facepalm: :D