Shinedown Cover of Simple Man

sullysue

I think I have more respect for limp bizkit than a band like mudvayne or slipknot - I'm convinced fred durst's entire career has been a practical joke, a performance art masterpiece. that band is pretty up front about how bad they are. no illusions

On the topic of covers, I think the tend to work better when a band takes a song THEY love and put their stamp on it. Some of my personal favorites:

Van Halen - You’re No Good

Aerosmith - Big Ten Inch Record (thanks goose ;))

Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noize and Mama Weer All Crazee Now

Krokus - Stayed Awake All Night

• Like 2

I like Shinedown's take. that being said, I Also like the Deftones take. I also LOVED the Disturbed take on The Sound of Silence. I have the first two albums from them, and I remember my BFF Dave wasn't impressed by them....

pcG2tzV.gif

So many bands are covering songs instead of creating original music. 99.9% have been horrible. Sound of Silence should NEVER have been covered. Period. And, certainly not by Disturbed. WHO the hell thought Zombie should be sung by anyone other than Dolores O'Riodran? Every single time I hear Aerosmith's version of Come Together I immediately turn it off. Blasphemy. But...If you're going to cover an already amazing song, this is how you do it...

http://youtu.be/rgFQ6WmxdMs

I'm not familiar with Shinedown except for watching this. I like the lead singer's voice on this cover- I think they did it justice. The vocals were always the best part of this song anyway. I really like the acoustic accompaniment instead of the huge power chords of the Lynyrd Skynyrd version, although that was a popular sound at the time.

Edited by blueschica