New Dream Theater album sample, tour dates 2019

Rod in Toronto

Okay, I've heard it now.

Barstool Warrior sounds like a lost Images And Words track. It isn't a copy of any particular song or formula from that album, but it sounds exactly like something they would've written and produced back then. Many of the other tracks have a similar vibe, especially production wise, but that one really stood out. I for one really enjoy the first three tracks, and maybe it's just because I'd heard two of them a couple times before the whole album, but those are the ones sticking in my head. Really tho...nothing I didn't enjoy, and a lot of really cool and unexpected moments. If you'd told me this was a lost 90s DT record I would whole heartedly believe you.

• Like 2

I decided to skip this one, maybe I'll listen to the next one see how that sounds.

No sense trying to convince someone who doesn't want to listen to good new music. Okay, Duck. See you in three years! :P

• Like 2

I decided to skip this one, maybe I'll listen to the next one see how that sounds.

No sense trying to convince someone who doesn't want to listen to good new music. Okay, Duck. See you in three years! :P

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

:nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

• Like 2

Confirmed.

Best album since "Awake."

who are you and what have you done with Earl?

Mick

Me three! LOL!

I've been brainwashed by James LaBrie!!! HELP ME!

When I decided to "Go For A Soda" (Kim Mitchell) with Rod back in October a day before the GUP IV Tour he slipped me a Dream Theater Ambien Pill.

Signed,

YYZolpidem

LOL

• Like 2

Confirmed.

Mick

Me three! LOL!

When I decided to "Go For A Soda" (Kim Mitchell) with Rod back in October a day before the GUP IV Tour he slipped me a Dream Theater Ambien Pill.

Signed,

YYZolpidem

LOL

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

• Like 1

Confirmed.

Mick

Me three! LOL!

Signed,

YYZolpidem

LOL

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Hahahaha! I didn't smoke it, I swallowed it.

I will make sure to "Spit It Out" next time.

Love,

Whitesnake

"Octavarium" is on now. "These Walls" is a wonderful track.

Yeah, great U2 cover, right?

Hey man...we're pitching an interview with Petrucci here in April. Fingers crossed!!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Rod! I gave up on Upoo after "Rattle And Hum."

Dude, you are on fire. You will get that interview. I know your brother.

You have my good luck and vibes. I love you dude.

• Like 1

I always call this album their half ass effort.

Half of it is great:

Root Of All Evil

These Walls

Panic Attack

Octavarium

The rest I never want to hear again.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I always call this album their half ass effort.

Half of it is great:

Root Of All Evil

These Walls

Panic Attack

Octavarium

The rest I never want to hear again.

Wow!

I totally agree.

The album should have been an EP called "Quattrovarium"

• Like 2

I'm really shocked to see all the positive reviews for this album.

I'm going to need to give it another listen, because I heard very little that I really cared for.

i''ve not looked around.....but i'm willing to bet more people have your view. and that's cool.

Mick

The reviews are terrific, as has been fan response.

Maybe it actually sucks and i was just starved for any glimmer of good DT. so at the slightest morsel i went nuts, lol.

Either way it's in my top 5 DT albums

Mick

I'll know if that's the case for me in two weeks when the version of the album I ordered finally gets delivered.

• Like 1

I lost faith in Dream Theater after the mess that was The Astonishing. After reading the last few pages here, it looks like I'm going to have to grab this on payday.

Yes!! Take it from a former DT Hater but was obsessed with them from "Day And Dream Unite" up to "Scenes" Then 6 Degrees came out and I was done. I saw that tour. The Warfield.

I was about to leave early and the band played "By Tor" I raced to the floor. Saw that cover and split.

Been hit and miss ever since.

You will love this record. If you hate it I will send you a refund in concealed cash. I actually have 80 Canadian dollars still left from my trip to see Geddy and Alex on the wine tour.

If you hate this new DT album I will mail you a 20 dollar bill. Canadian.

Deal?

Not everyone gets my late night schtick but hey, I am a real dude.

Life is short!

Rock And Roll will live FOREVER!

Signed,

Y&T

I lost faith in Dream Theater after the mess that was The Astonishing. After reading the last few pages here, it looks like I'm going to have to grab this on payday.

Wait, all it took was one bad album for you to lose faith? Maybe you were already soured on them before that, I don't know. I wasn't enthusiastic about this album at first but as bad as the Astonishing was, I never lost faith they could deliver again. This album went well beyond expectations though.

• Like 1

Wait, all it took was one bad album for you to lose faith? Maybe you were already soured on them before that, I don't know. I wasn't enthusiastic about this album at first but as bad as the Astonishing was, I never lost faith they could deliver again. This album went well beyond expectations though.

It might have taken 2112 one record but I lost faith over MANY RECORDS OF SHITE!

Finally this band is BACK! "BACK IN THE NEW YORK GROOVE!!!!"

Signed,

ACE FREHLEY

Get it???? Dream Theater is from NY!! DUHHHHH!!! LOL!

Losing Faith might be a little strong. But I definitely stopped listening to these guys after that album came out.

What does everyone think of the "bonus track" Viper King?

The song is so non-Dream Theater, but rocks hard! Love the chorus and the bad-ass riff! So good.

I get that it doesn't fit with many of the songs. But a handful of the songs are standard, pedestrian DT by numbers. Viper King is spectacular and deserved full recognition as an album track!