New Dream Theater album sample, tour dates 2019

Rod in Toronto

I didn't even know Syme did this......hell i couldn't tell you what covers ARE Syme, lol so that wan a non-factor.

i just like it.

Mick

I had to look up what he did myself. I know his name and that he does album art work but couldn't tell you specifically what he did because the music is the most important thing not the cover. Turns out he's done most of Rush's covers and a number for other bands I like. He's had some good ones but I don't know anything about good art. An artist can smear wet shit on a canvas and pass it off as some great work and I wouldn't know the difference.

• Like 1

I didn't even know Syme did this......hell i couldn't tell you what covers ARE Syme, lol so that wan a non-factor.

i just like it.

Mick

I had to look up what he did myself. I know his name and that he does album art work but couldn't tell you specifically what he did because the music is the most important thing not the cover. Turns out he's done most of Rush's covers and a number for other bands I like. He's had some good ones but I don't know anything about good art. An artist can smear wet shit on a canvas and pass it off as some great work and I wouldn't know the difference.

i agree. That's why i never participate in best album cover threads. it may count for some folks.....not me. not in the slightest.

that's why i find this bitch fest childish, lol.

and if i had done that to an LC album. Segue would be on my ass......and don't say you wouldn't Segue, lol

Mick

• Like 1

i just like it.

Mick

i agree. That's why i never participate in best album cover threads. it may count for some folks.....not me. not in the slightest.

and if i had done that to an LC album. Segue would be on my ass......and don't say you wouldn't Segue, lol

Mick

Iron Maiden and a couple other bands who make the artwork really stand out are the only times I care about it. Maiden have made it a strong part of what they are. Dream Theater not so much.

• Like 1

i just like it.

Mick

Mick

Nope. I don't rate most of their covers very highly.

I know we all tend to agree that The Astonishing lived up to its name for all the wrong reasons, but I was itching for some Toto and metal today and...seriously...oddly...DT fulfilled both those needs with the self titled album!

I played four albums today and I really enjoyed them. Bearing in mind the self titled was VERY RECENT, I am kind of rekindling a little enthusiasm that I last felt when the band felt new to me and The Astonishing had just been announced.

The self titled album is GREAT!!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I like the album cover a lot. Classy, even elegant, but with a really intriguing juxtaposition and an in exact idea Of Symmetry. It looks like the robot is reciting Hamlet!

Sample sounds good, nothing mindblowing, but solid DT riffage. Also like the title, which could be simplified as either Speed or Velocity.

You know I love you my young friend but this album cover is pure cheese. Not class at all.

It's so cliche and sooooooooooooooooooo stupid. Is this the new Disneyland Soundtrack for the new Star Wars Park opening up next year??? LOL!!!!

At least the clip sounds more like progressive rock unlike that last album of stinky poop.

I'm still a whore too and I will buy the album.

Is that album cover showing a homage of a Stormtrooper holding the skull of Uncle Owen? LOL

If i knew how to photoshop i would place 666 on that skull!

I know we all tend to agree that The Astonishing lived up to its name for all the wrong reasons, but I was itching for some Toto and metal today and...seriously...oddly...DT fulfilled both those needs with the self titled album!

I played four albums today and I really enjoyed them. Bearing in mind the self titled was VERY RECENT, I am kind of rekindling a little enthusiasm that I last felt when the band felt new to me and The Astonishing had just been announced.

The self titled album is GREAT!!

The Astonishing is a lyrical abomination. Musically, it's among my favorites. Don't know about the book. I was afraid to buy it.

Spoiler alert, the new DT song is awesome.

That's ok. Don't give us a link to it or anything.

I’m in Europe atm, idk if it’s out yet in the States. But I’ll try!

Video didn't work. I didn't realize you were in Europe. You're like six hours ahead of me there. So how's the future? Is the world still holding up?

Dream Theater needs to stop writing crap and doing Nostalgia Tours.

I really wanted them to play "Awake" all the way through.

Then "Falling Into Infinity."

I'm a whore.

I will still buy the new record. Always hoping for them to dazzle me again.

It wasn't terrible.

And for that I am relieved.

But it was nothing special either.

7/10

I'm a whore.

Dude, just f***in drop it already. If it's been a few decades since a band impressed you then move on. Why waste your time and money? Pointless.

• Like 2

I'm a whore.

Dude, just f***in drop it already. If it's been a few decades since a band impressed you then move on. Why waste your time and money? Pointless.

Amen!

I myself am a newbie fan and find myself happy that the band aren't relying solely on old music. Glad to see them still going!

New song is nice. Terrible lyrics but great playing.

Totally get the A Dramatic Turn Of Events vibe Rod noted.

Video didn't work. I didn't realize you were in Europe. You're like six hours ahead of me there. So how's the future? Is the world still holding up?

The sun seems to have risen over here.

I like this song a lot. Very wintery and epic. Love the instrumental and actually quite fond of the vocals being mixed this way. They’re quieter, but also more epic in a way.

I'm a whore.

Shut that unending sewer of "knowledge" you call a mouth.

i don't understand if you no longer like a band.......don't follow.

Mick

• Like 2