How You Came to Discover Your Favorite Album

winter17

The White Album (The Beatles)

i gotit for my 16th birthday. I remember locking myself in my room with Headphones on.

I LOVED the scatter brained nature of it.......so many styled and CLEARLY a band apart but it works in spite of it.

i also love the vague creepiness that runs through the album.

Mick

I think it's supposed to be your favorite Rush album Mick. :P

Great choice though. Probably the closest the Beatles ever got to what Queen would do on SHA and ANATO.

The Beatles never needed to come close to Queen. And Queen never came close to The Beatles.

So true, for both the sum is greater than the parts (true for Rush as well).

Great post, and hello welcome to this place.

I guess it was a long process for me, the first album that came out as a fan was Hold Your Fire. Which coincided with my first cd player and my first cd. For a while I was probably obsessed with it as I have been for almost every album between Waves and Presto. Nowadays it is definitely not my favorite as its been pushed down quite a ways down, its just not as timeless as some other albums are.

Hands down my favorite is Signals and will probably always be, its been roughly 30 years and I'm not changing my mind at this stage. ;). Just like Pink Floyd with Momentary Lapse, Animals is my favorite and has been for like 30 years and...Yes with 90125, CTTE is my favorite... you get the picture?

I'd heard everything through moving pictures besides hemispheres. got birthday money, bought the CD. pretty dull tale

Hemispheres I've come around to late, seems I was lukewarm on the title track until once about 3 or 4 years ago, I was like...Whoa!!!! wait a friggen sec....