Bravado

ReRushed

I'm one of the few (only?) that can't stand the jam at the end of the live version. It starts out with so much promise but ends up in the toilet, imo.

There is a bit of coitus interuptus involved. It should go on longer.

Have to disagree. Not one of the worst on rtb, but not one of my favs either. Pretty average to my ears, decent lyrics I suppose.

It's better than any Pete Wentz lyric...

Yeah probably, but that doesn’t make me like it more. I’ll unashamedly take Dance, Dance over Bravado.

"Bravado" is one of Rush's greatest songs. That's all.

I've got your back Fishbone Fan.

"Bravado" is one of the greatest Rush songs ever.

I remember reading an article about how much Alex was blown away in the studio watching Neil lay down the drum track.

Neil's drumming blows my fuckking mind.

Buddy Rich may be the greatest drummer in the world, but Neil is my man. Even when I die, he will alway be the one.

Too bad it's impossible to find a mortal woman at my age to love, honor and cherish.

Shit happens.

Glad I had my marriage and I have my amazing daughters.

"Roll The Bones" humans.

Good luck to you all.

The studio version of Bravado is excellent, but it's when it's played live that it really comes to life...there's a certain guitar note that comes after the line 'And if the music stops' and before the line 'There's only the sound of the rain', a *BWONG* if you will...and standing in the audience, on the floor, the first time I felt that note...not heard, felt, it felt like that note went through me. It was a sublime moment and where I liked that song before that moment, I've loved it ever after. Listen to it live sometime, fairly loud, even recorded...you'll feel it.
  • Like 5

I've said it on other posts, but Bravado was my gateway song to the complete Rush catalog, i.e., my Rush "a-ha" moment. Just knew maybe 25-30 songs prior to, but that song convinced me to give every album/every song a listen. Obviously, I have never regretted it!
  • Like 2

The studio version of Bravado is excellent, but it's when it's played live that it really comes to life...there's a certain guitar note that comes after the line 'And if the music stops' and before the line 'There's only the sound of the rain', a *BWONG* if you will...and standing in the audience, on the floor, the first time I felt that note...not heard, felt, it felt like that note went through me. It was a sublime moment and where I liked that song before that moment, I've loved it ever after. Listen to it live sometime, fairly loud, even recorded...you'll feel it.

In 2004 in Camden, a downpour started during that line (There was a lightning show over Philadelphia before then but the sky just opened up and the wind brought some of the rain in.)

I'll never forget that as long as I live.. I think about that every time I hear that song live now.

• Like 1

It might be their very best song. Definitely one of the best. Such a beautiful, inspiring and unique composition.

These are the most mature and best-crafted Rush compositions in my opinion: Bravado, The Pass, Available Light, Ghost of a Chance, Secret Touch, The Garden.

Edited by PermanentMovingSignals
  • Like 1

Bravado is my favourite song from Roll the Bones... LOVE the guitar solo and steady, heavy beat. Neil really holds it down on this one and let's Alex blast through.

Bravado is my favourite song from Roll the Bones... LOVE the guitar solo and steady, heavy beat. Neil really holds it down on this one and let's Alex blast through.

Studio version is still a tease though...

Is like everything else on rtb - writing, composition and execution usual brilliant stuff and although still a great album just lacks a tiny bit power in sound production maybe

It is what it is though, another example of Rush awesomeness, despite the tinniness, or even because of it

Thank christ was followed by Counterparts, i couldnt have taken another Hine production, what a great great album Counterparts was, good days

• Like 1