Slade

tangy

I had a British friend in high school that really liked them; they were a lot of fun to listen to! (If you had any to begin with), you'll lose a lot of respect for Quiet Riot after hearing the originals. I haven't thought to look for videos; I'll have to do that. Good memories! :heart:
  • Like 2

I had a British friend in high school that really liked them; they were a lot of fun to listen to! (If you had any to begin with), you'll lose a lot of respect for Quiet Riot after hearing the originals. I haven't thought to look for videos; I'll have to do that. Good memories! :heart:

No doudt

Cum on and feel the noize and mama weer all crazy now are killer tunes.

I don't want to drink my whisky like you do!

It seems they are among the first bands to purposely misspelled words in song titles?

Noddy is quite the lead vocalist

There is a entire show in san francisco on youtube

• Like 2

First Heard of Slade when I heard "Hey Mama We're All Crazee now." Finally bought the album "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY POWER SUPPLY" TEN YEARS LATER! My BFF Dave introduced me to them on album...can't remember which one. Fell in love with Run Run Away, and bought that album when It was released. When the pretenders, 'Quiet Riot came out, I bought their album also, but preferred Slade over them by a light year. Looking at the first album, Amborose Slade, I notice they liked some ot the same bands I did at that time! Check it out on Wikipedia, and see! Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes, Frank Zappa, Steppenwolf, Jeff Lynne,[pre ELO], The Moody Blues....and more....

JGJEdLh.jpg

• Like 2

BTW, I first heard of Slade in '73 when my BFF Dave played the fourth album, Old New Borrowed and Blue [named "Stomp Your Hands, Clap Your Feet" in the U.S.] and he was a bit like me, in buying albums because of the TITLE, and this was one. Although it didn't have a hit in our area, it was eye opening in the music provided!

2ifNGcF.jpg I wonder what happened to Dave's copy of this album....

zYW8fGq.jpg

• Like 1

I do not really listen to Slade, because I find their music to be a bit...odd..

But as a live band they are really great! It is such a joy seeing them, and even tho I never listen to their music at home, I am able to sing along to their music, because all they do is sing-along-songs. And I have been lucky to have seen Slade live twice! Both times I had great fun! Last time was last summer, was standing at first row, outside during mid day in the sun. I would love to see them again! Because as a live act, they are really entertainers!

• Like 3