Anyone ever heard of the time Pink Floyd played Venice, causing them to fire their entire city council?

Entre_Perpetuo

I can see why:

pink-floyd-live-in-venice-1989-31.jpg e2fd1e48c7b386e141c1be56f2ccc709.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DZjgp-npPBk/TSHV-yvlYGI/AAAAAAAADjo/mc8ETvm1Pa0/s1600/enzopedrocco_180789%2B05_1.jpg

Wow, that's awful. They never should've played without a real venue. That city council deserved to be fired.

But could you imagine being at that gig...must have been something to behold.

• Like 2

Granted, I am not a huge fan of Pink Floyd, but the idea of any band playing in a historic location - putting risk to any magnificent, irreplaceable architecture - is just foolish ..

It doesn;t really matter what band it is - nothing rock music has ever produced - esp with throngs of idiotic, filthy fans - will ever approach the history and importance of the timeless architecture ...

So unless it's a show where there is going to be the hundreds of Japanese fans who go around after the show with garbage bags, rock music needs to stay where it belongs - in bars, clubs and arenas ...

A few months ago Kenny Chesney played at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh ... 48-50 tons of trash had to be removed - country music - as in Make America Great Again

classy

kenny-chesney-eric-church-heinz-trash-2.jpg

kenny-cheney-concert-aftermath.jpg

pittsburgh-trash-luke-bryan-2.jpg

garbage.jpg

• Like 2

Granted, I am not a huge fan of Pink Floyd, but the idea of any band playing in a historic location - putting risk to any magnificent, irreplaceable architecture - is just foolish ..

It doesn;t really matter what band it is - nothing rock music has ever produced - esp with throngs of idiotic, filthy fans - will ever approach the history and importance of the timeless architecture ...

So unless it's a show where there is going to be the hundreds of Japanese fans who go around after the show with garbage bags, rock music needs to stay where it belongs - in bars, clubs and arenas ...

A few months ago Kenny Chesney played at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh ... 48-50 tons of trash had to be removed - country music - as in Make America Great Again

classy

kenny-chesney-eric-church-heinz-trash-2.jpg

kenny-cheney-concert-aftermath.jpg

pittsburgh-trash-luke-bryan-2.jpg

garbage.jpg

Man, talk about hell in a hand basket. I'm a janitor and this makes me recoil in shock.

Always remind yourself to keep the scene clean. There's no excuse for you to dump your trash wherever you want. Whether you're in a 75,000 seat stadium or out for a walk in the woods, don't f***ing litter. Then again, I'm coming from the prospective of some fan bases (Grateful Dead, Phish, etc.) that have a large part of the community take part in the clean up after concerts. I actually helped the Wharf Rats clean up after the Noblesville show after Shakedown Street had packed up. I even got to volunteer at the same place after Dave Matthews' shows back in July. Just remember, if people do this out in public without shame, they do it in private. Imagine what their homes look like if they can't even pick up a f***ing beer can out in public.

You get the same thing

classy

The supposedly environmentally "woke" folks don't take their trash home either.

trash-womens-march.jpg