RRHOF 2019 nominees!!

Permanent-Rush

Still no Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Grand Funk Railroad, T. Rex, Dead Kennedys?

Lame and silly.

King Crimson, Tull, Grand Funk, Marc Bolan's band and the Kennedys aren't really HoF material. The first 3 should be in, although Lizzy does nothing for me personally.

Grand funk is awesome. Super popular and influential .

Homer Simpson would agree.

• Like 1

Still no Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Grand Funk Railroad, T. Rex, Dead Kennedys?

Lame and silly.

Got into T Rex ever since I saw Baby Driver and a recent first time viewing of Billy Elliot on Showtime. Amen on Dead Kennedys although Jello “MTV Get Off The Air” Biafra most likely finds the ceremonies full of crap and I don’t blame him. He’s my favorite punk rock icon. Love his spoken word albums and What Would Jello Do Youtube videos.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Lame and silly.

King Crimson, Tull, Grand Funk, Marc Bolan's band and the Kennedys aren't really HoF material. The first 3 should be in, although Lizzy does nothing for me personally.

There is nothing like some bong shaking base....

Seriously though my view on gfr has changed greatly as of late. I watched some concerts on youtube and saw great playing and cock rock in its infancy. The singer is like david lee roth who rips on a guitar.

Who the f**k is Jackyl?

They had a minor hit on MTV in the early 90s with The Lumberjack. I remember it spending two weeks on the top 20 video countdown at 20 and 18. It’s heavy metal with chainsaw sounds. I’m not joking.

Yeah some crazy inbred shit. Video is funny because its so....

Didn't eddie van halen utilize the drill on a tune?

Who the f**k is Jackyl?

They had a minor hit on MTV in the early 90s with The Lumberjack. I remember it spending two weeks on the top 20 video countdown at 20 and 18. It’s heavy metal with chainsaw sounds. I’m not joking.

Poundcake.

The band that opened the RUSH Presto tour used one too. Mr. Big?

Lame and silly.

There is nothing like some bong shaking bass...

Seriously though my view on gfr has changed greatly as of late. I watched some concerts on youtube and saw great playing and cock rock in its infancy. The singer is like david lee roth who rips on a guitar.

Except its dlr who copied this dude. As well as the singer from black oak Arkansas

Tull is similar, although you can argue that Aqualung enjoyed somewhat wide appeal. I personally like them, but that's hardly the test for HoF qualification.

re: Tull's wide appeal, what about a string of gold (11) and platinum (5) albums )some reaching #1 Billboard status), two #1 singles and 7 other top 10 charting singles, and 60 million albums sold? Or selling out five nights in a row at the 20k seat LA Forum?

Tull were huge in the early to mid-70s.

Tull is a closer call, no question.

:yes:

Ian Anderson's schtick is easy to mock, which likely keeps them out.

probably has more to do with them being critically reviled

Very much like RUSH. It was RUSH's pestering fans that got them in.

There's some other artists out there that need this treatment to get Jann Wenner to let them in.......Priest, Maiden, Ozzy (solo) Doobies, Tull, T Rex, etc. There's plenty of others

• Like 1

:popcorn: this year i am more interested in this bag of popcorn :popcorn: Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

Who the f**k is Jackyl?

Poundcake.

It was, in fact, an actual power drill EVH used, too.

Who the f**k is Jackyl?

Poundcake.

Painted like the Frankenstrat, as I recall.
  • Like 1

Who the f**k is Jackyl?

Poundcake.

Painted like the Frankenstrat, as I recall.

In the video. During the recording I think a guitar tech's power drill happened to be laying around the studio and he picked it up and held it to the pickup.

Anyone who thinks Radiohead are old news...don't come to the UK. Every new album release is treated like the second coming of Christ.

every radiohead record creates a huge buzz in the states as well. people here just remember being annoyed by creep 25 years ago, but ask people who don't post on a rush forum what they think

Creep is honestly there worst song but it's not god awful.

Grand Funk and T. Rexstasy are pretty close to one hit wonders.

If we're talking about 70's glam rock, T. Rex(Bolan) is the second most important act after Bowie. Although they are a one-hit wonder band in the US(in Europe and Britain they have a few hits), they had a big significance on the 70's music scene. And they were critically acclaimed and pretty influential: http://www.allmusic....0005882/related (see 'Followed by' section).

For example, (Iggy Pop &)The Stooges has been far from US 'top 10 album' charts and Platinum-certified albums, but they are a very impactful band.

T Rex basically created an entire genre of rock and roll. Criminal that they are not in.
  • Like 2

If we're talking about 70's glam rock, T. Rex(Bolan) is the second most important act after Bowie. Although they are a one-hit wonder band in the US(in Europe and Britain they have a few hits), they had a big significance on the 70's music scene. And they were critically acclaimed and pretty influential: http://www.allmusic....0005882/related (see 'Followed by' section).

For example, (Iggy Pop &)The Stooges has been far from US 'top 10 album' charts and Platinum-certified albums, but they are a very impactful band.

T Rex basically created an entire genre of rock and roll. Criminal that they are not in.

Same for Roxy Music.

• Like 1

Same for Roxy Music.

Agree 100%! Roxy kick ass!

The results are in:

1. The Cure
  2. Stevie Nicks
  3. Radiohead
  4. Def Leppard
  5. Janet Jackson
  6. Roxy Music
  7. The Zombies

Terrific list!

Really happy to see solo Nicks enter. An underrated icon.

It really is kind of odd that Radiohead got in so easily when it took so long for a band like Def Leppard who massively out sold them to get in. Oh yeah, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden aren't in yet but Radiohead is? Who can take this hall seriously?