Don't we love polls? 1975! Aerosmith vs. Rush

Entre_Perpetuo

Which album  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you prefer

Evidence that Tyler is one of the all time great sly lyricists? Big Ten Inch Record.

Sorry, but...it's a cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rws_7mLTqj8

But Steven would have written that...

I didn't know this either, but a lot of old songs were full of these double entendres so I'm not totally surprised.

Lines like "I'm like a one-eyed cat, peeking in a seafood store"?

Or, " . . . the girl is soaking wet, no tongue's drier than mine, . . ."

aerosmith don't even have any songs about elves or spaceships

Is Kings And Queens close enough? Or Adam's Apple with the biblical references? Don't they have one called Pandora's Box?

And hey, they do have I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, which was in that one movie about asteroids or some sci-fi adventure thing. ;)

Okay. Rush may be my preferred band by a mile, but Toys side two eventually grew on me and showed itself to be killer not filler, whereas Rivendell and Making Memories are pleasant, In The End pales in comparison to the live version...and Best I Can is on there, which would make an average Kiss song, not a great Rush song.

TOYS TOYS TOYS

IN THE ATTIC

I changed.....Cause Side two of FBN is dragged down by a couple tunes they should have rethought. Toys is a ride all the way through. it's a more complete listen.

Toys it is.....sorry guys, lol

Mick

• Like 4

aerosmith don't even have any songs about elves or spaceships

Is Kings And Queens close enough? Or Adam's Apple with the biblical references? Don't they have one called Pandora's Box?

And hey, they do have I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, which was in that one movie about asteroids or some sci-fi adventure thing. ;)

Spaced, if you pretend it's actually about space shit.

• Like 1

I gotta get one of those striped jumpsuits and wear it to work one day. It's very slimming.

Toys just has a better groove whereas FBN is spotty in areas.

...and let's just face it....Aerosmith was much better when they were raging addicts.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 4

Do the Aerosmith fans care to make their case?

I will too. Fly By Night is a good album. Toys, however, is an album everyone should own. There are no songs to skip over. For people who like things a little harder, there's Round and Round. Like a little schmaltz? You See Me Crying. Evidence that Tyler is one of the all time great sly lyricists? Big Ten Inch Record. Classic rock radio staples? Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way. It's perfect.

I will grudgingly admit that this review of Toys in the Attic is fairly accurate but this guy likes Ratt. He has been known to cause bar fights in college, throwing ice at someone once. This is not a person who’s judgement you can trust.

Clearly Fly by Night is album of pure magic*.

*I approve this message.

This poll has become a TRF disgrace!

Ah-ah-ah, temperament...

• Like 2

Fwiw, I hate Aerosmith, but they had some magic for a few albums in the 70s.

Yeah, they just don't click with me either. Unless it's Sweet Emotion or Walk This Way, I always change the station.

Fwiw, I hate Aerosmith, but they had some magic for a few albums in the 70s.

Yeah, they just don't click with me either. Unless it's Sweet Emotion or Walk This Way, I always change the station.

Or dream on or other old tunes.

Sadly i seem to hear dude looks like a lady or love in a elevator or janies got a gun more then the old songs. I gotta say its difficult to describe how much i dislike those tunes

The walk this way video with run dmc signaled a decline to commercial sellout cheesedom..