Don't we love polls? 1975! Aerosmith vs. Rush

Entre_Perpetuo

Which album  

44 members have voted

1. 1. do you prefer

Meaningless polls return! Pick your favorite hard rock barnstormer between these two 1975 classics!

Difficult choice for me actually... :16ton:

• Like 1

Do the Aerosmith fans care to make their case?

Sure, Toys is a band starting to hit their peak. FBN is good but it's a band who is still trying to figure themselves out. Which wouldn't happen until 2112. Aerosmith knew exactly what they were here and produced a much better and focused album.

• Like 7

Aerosmith had a great record here, and the music critic in me says Toys is better. But I simply enjoy Fly more.

So Fly wins.

Now, Caress is better than both.

• Like 2

I will too. Fly By Night is a good album. Toys, however, is an album everyone should own. There are no songs to skip over. For people who like things a little harder, there's Round and Round. Like a little schmaltz? You See Me Crying. Evidence that Tyler is one of the all time great sly lyricists? Big Ten Inch Record. Classic rock radio staples? Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way. It's perfect.

• Like 3

I went with Toys on this one.

Rivendell ruined FBN.

Remember the scene in Animal House where Bulishi grabs the guys classical guitar and smashes it? That's the reaction I have every time I start to hear Rivensmell.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

I will too. Fly By Night is a good album. Toys, however, is an album everyone should own. There are no songs to skip over. For people who like things a little harder, there's Round and Round. Like a little schmaltz? You See Me Crying. Evidence that Tyler is one of the all time great sly lyricists? Big Ten Inch Record. Classic rock radio staples? Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way. It's perfect.

I will grudgingly admit that this review of Toys in the Attic is fairly accurate but this guy likes Ratt. He has been known to cause bar fights in college, throwing ice at someone once. This is not a person who’s judgement you can trust.

Clearly Fly by Night is album of pure magic*.

*I approve this message.

• Like 2

Aerosmith had a great record here, and the music critic in me says Toys is better. But I simply enjoy Fly more.

So Fly wins.

Now, Caress is better than both.

Preach. I LOVE COS. Way underrated.

Mick

• Like 1

I will grudgingly admit that this review of Toys in the Attic is fairly accurate but this guy likes Ratt. He has been known to cause bar fights in college, throwing ice at someone once. This is not a person who’s judgement you can trust.

Clearly Fly by Night is album of pure magic*.

*I approve this message.

This poll has become a TRF disgrace!

• Like 1

No shame in losing to Toys In The Attic

I love Fly By Night , and if I think about By Tor and Anthem and In The End - I'm almost tempted

But Toys In The Attic holds a bit more of a special place in my musical history .. both albums are filled with great songs that I could listen to anytime, but Toys wins here ...

Adam's Apple - c'mon now - that is one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever .. oh, wait, maybe the song that follows it is - or precedes it .. or ends the album

• Like 5

No shame in losing to Toys In The Attic

I love Fly By Night , and if I think about By Tor and Anthem and In The End - I'm almost tempted

But Toys In The Attic holds a bit more of a special place in my musical history .. both albums are filled with great songs that I could listen to anytime, but Toys wins here ...

Adam's Apple - c'mon now - that is one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever .. oh, wait, maybe the song that follows it is - or precedes it .. or ends the album

Agreed about Big Ten Inch Record - and Uncle Salty . . . and You see Me Crying. :)

• Like 3

Oh man, I love Toys in the Attic. Not as much as Rocks, which is perfect, but still . . . but . . . By-Tor, man. It is the the brilliance of things to come.

Evidence that Tyler is one of the all time great sly lyricists? Big Ten Inch Record.

Sorry, but...it's a cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rws_7mLTqj8

But Steven would have written that...

I didn't know this either, but a lot of old songs were full of these double entendres so I'm not totally surprised.

Evidence that Tyler is one of the all time great sly lyricists? Big Ten Inch Record.

Sorry, but...it's a cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rws_7mLTqj8

But Steven would have written that...

I didn't know this either, but a lot of old songs were full of these double entendres so I'm not totally surprised.

Lines like "I'm like a one-eyed cat, peeking in a seafood store"?

• Like 1