Will Neil Peart's bank account render this subforum relevant again one day?

That One Guy

It's the only hope of another Rush show, as we know.

Whether it's progressive overspending, more fancy cars, wanting to secure mo' money for the wife+kid, or trying to start the endowed Neil Peart Scholarship For Musicians Who Can't Philosophy Good, And Want To Learn How To Do Other Stuff Good, Too, something would get him behind the kit

Discuss.

• Like 2

He's now a retired drummer and part time author.

The only way he could show more contempt for his fans, and humanity as a whole, really, is to become a full time author.

So there's much more chance of that than getting behind the kit.

• Like 5

Not sure he would continue to write books if people weren't buying them. There's a chance that lots of people actually like his books.
  • Like 2

Not sure he would continue to write books if people weren't buying them. There's a chance that lots of people actually like his books.

Books don't need to sell very many copies to be considered profitable. In the 3000 to 5000 range. Neil has enough suckers that are Rush fans to ensure that no matter how shitty of an author he is, he'll always at least hit that mark.

• Like 2

Wanting Neil (or Alex or Geddy) to become financially troubled/greedy, just so he would tour again, and just so I can see the band in concert again?

If I were to want that, then I would be a selfish, self-centered prick. I’ll never be like that.

• Like 6

It's the only hope of another Rush show, as we know.

Whether it's progressive overspending, more fancy cars, wanting to secure mo' money for the wife+kid, or trying to start the endowed Neil Peart Scholarship For Musicians Who Can't Philosophy Good, And Want To Learn How To Do Other Stuff Good, Too, something would get him behind the kit

Discuss.

I agree that a desire to get that one more large influx of cash would be the only thing that would get him to do it one more time. I believe that he's beyond the point of no return physically, but if he feels better after a long rest, one never knows.

I know that discussing this is beating a dead horse, but it's interesting to think about none the less.

I'm sure that he's a smart man and gets proper financial advice, but just that "dangling carrot" of one last big payday could be awfully tempting.

As far as his books go, if he enjoys writing them, then he'll continue. I'm not sure he's overly concerned if they sell or not.

• Like 2

I sometimes think his daughter might be more motivation than a paycheck. I wonder what would happen if Olivia turns 9 or 10 and wants to see dad play one last time? I guess there are a lot of DVD's to watch, though!
  • Like 2

I sometimes think his daughter might be more motivation than a paycheck. I wonder what would happen if Olivia turns 9 or 10 and wants to see dad play one last time? I guess there are a lot of DVD's to watch, though!

Or he's driving his wife nuts by being around all the time.

• Like 3

I don’t think Neil had this much money twenty years ago:

https://www.google.c...et-worth/?amp=1

Besides, we actually make TRF relevant, not the band. Any relevance (or failure) of the board is on us, not the band.

Also, twenty years ago Rush was probably not generating too much online revenue as compared with today. I am sure that all three of them are still making some decent spending money from online sales.
  • Like 1

Besides, we actually make TRF relevant, not the band. Any relevance (or failure) of the board is on us, not the band.

Also, twenty years ago Rush was probably not generating too much online revenue as compared with today. I am sure that all three of them are still making some decent spending money from online sales.

If this info is accurate, it looks like Alex is the poorest with a paltry few dozen million to his name.

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/geddy-lee-net-worth/%3famp=1

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rock-stars/alex-lifeson-net-worth/

• Like 1

If he does have that net worth (big IF, since those kind of websites are pretty dubious), then I don't see money motivating him whatsoever nor do I see the kind of huge money offers coming to the band. Grinding it through another R40 type tour just ain't gonna cut it. I'm hoping and thinking they have too much pride to lower themselves to a Vegas residency.

Once performers do the Vegas residency they've reached the total whore stage of their career.

The band also still has reasonable royalties coming in to buffer their net worth, unless they get stupid wasteful.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Too old and likely too out of shape at this point to ever make a comeback. Rush music is demanding enough for a fit 30 year old drummer, let alone someone Neil's age. Not to mention he's a perfectionist who hasn't played in over 3 years. He would have to REALLY need cash all of a sudden to even consider attempting to get into tour condition.

I could see him MAYBE agreeing to a single charity appearance playing a couple of the hits for old times sake, but that's it. Time catches up with everyone unfortunately.

• Like 2

If he does have that net worth (big IF, since those kind of websites are pretty dubious), then I don't see money motivating him whatsoever nor do I see the kind of huge money offers coming to the band. Grinding it through another R40 type tour just ain't gonna cut it. I'm hoping and thinking they have too much pride to lower themselves to a Vegas residency.

Once performers do the Vegas residency they've reached the total whore stage of their career.

The band also still has reasonable royalties coming in to buffer their net worth, unless they get stupid wasteful.

Regarding Vegas, Prince did a Vegas residency. I find it hard to say anything negative about him.

Though yeah, most of the names connected with Vegas residencies do make me think “whore stage of their career”.

• Like 2

I have seen this "net worth" website and I find it very disturbing that people's personal wealth (or not) is out there for all to see. How much money someone has (or not) is none of anyone's goddam business but their own. Also, I don't know how anyone could even know about someone's personal wealth. Did someone call Neil and ask him? Thank you, Internet. And, no, I doubt very highly that Neil needs or wants more money. He is a retired drummer. Leave him alone.
  • Like 2

I have seen this "net worth" website and I find it very disturbing that people's personal wealth (or not) is out there for all to see. How much money someone has (or not) is none of anyone's goddam business but their own. Also, I don't know how anyone could even know about someone's personal wealth. Did someone call Neil and ask him? Thank you, Internet. And, no, I doubt very highly that Neil needs or wants more money. He is a retired drummer. Leave him alone.

No. I paid for his lifestyle. That bitch owes me.

• Like 1

These sites are not even accurate. They basically give educated guesses. They don't know how much money is being spent.
  • Like 1

From an artist’s point of view the Vegas residency concept makes a ton of sense and probably makes for a nice stable income.

The fans come to them and they doesn’t get road weary, get to have a normal home life...sounds like a musician’s dream rather than whoring out (though it can be).

• Like 2

FANBOIS ALERT!

Interestingly enough, many years ago a preacher told me that when he does marriage counseling, they'll tell you just about anything you'd want to know about anything, including potentially unusual sex stuff, but trying to get them to talk about their finances is like pulling teeth. Not sure why people are so reticent to talk about how much they make, but most folks are.

• Like 1

FANBOIS ALERT!

Interestingly enough, many years ago a preacher told me that when he does marriage counseling, they'll tell you just about anything you'd want to know about anything, including potentially unusual sex stuff, but trying to get them to talk about their finances is like pulling teeth. Not sure why people are so reticent to talk about how much they make, but most folks are.

Largely a US thing from what I understand.

I’ve had people ask me how much I make, and I’ll flat tell them if I know them reasonably well.

• Like 1

My sister (a huge Aerosmith fan back to the debut album) and I were just discussing this! Is it the band selling out or no? Some of what was said above about remaining in the same location must be very appealing when you get to be that age. It has turned Vegas into a must do trip for my sister, but shoot me if Rush or Keith Richards ever does it . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1