Most underappreciated rush song

Red3angel

Garden Road

How does this song not even get properly recorded ?? ...

I'm not knocking I Think I'm Going Bald, Rivendell, Making Memories - but Garden Road would have been killer on any of the first few albums ... The last album they could have put it on was probably 2112, or maybe even A Farewell To Kings ...... It deserved to be recorded

• Like 7

Garden Road

I'm not knocking I Think I'm Going Bald, Rivendell, Making Memories - but Garden Road would have been killer on any of the first few albums ... The last album they could have put it on was probably 2112, or maybe even A Farewell To Kings ...... It deserved to be recorded

Garden Road

fuckyeah. Hearing that song for the first time was one of the purest "holy shit" moments in my life.i

• Like 2

There are several I’m sure but to me it is countdown

Perhaps my favouriteoff Signals.

I think "Half the World" is one of their great songs that maybe hasn't been appreciated fully. (although I do feel it's strength is mostly in the lyrics, but a great song to me nonetheless) Edited by Cmutt
  • Like 2

I think "Half the World" is one of their great songs that maybe hasn't been appreciated fully. (although I do feel it's strength is mostly in the lyrics, but a great song to me nonetheless)

I don't hate the song but musically it just doesn't go anywhere,and it ends abruptly which seems awkward.It seems ,err......'half' finished.Like a few songs on Vapor Trails where the lyrics are great but musically they are so so.

I've always been a big fan of Ghost Rider.

Also, to the degree that it can be called underrated, Vital Signs comes to mind just because of the songs that precede it on the album and I think it has a really good groove.

"Earthshines" doesn't seem to get a lot of love.

Damn good song, damn good guitar solo thing.

"Here Again" is another fine slab o' rock that is often overlooked (with a great slow-burn Lifeson solo).

Maybe because it doesn't have windchimes and woodblocks on it. :(

:P

• Like 6

Garden Road

Garden Road

fuckyeah. Hearing that song for the first time was one of the purest "holy shit" moments in my life.i

Artists have a strange opinion of their own work. I guess it was a song they "never got right" or performed satisfactory. Damned if I know why.

“Sweet Miracle”

I see this referenced on TRF as a weak track all the time and that baffles me. It's a great song.

One of my favourite Rush songs, and my favourite off of VT

• Like 1

High Water from Hold Your Fire. GREAT song... lyrics are excellent. Find it on youtube with the lyrics scrolling.
  • Like 2

“Sweet Miracle”

I see this referenced on TRF as a weak track all the time and that baffles me. It's a great song.

One of my favourite Rush songs, and my favourite off of VT

Redemption through the re-discovery of love. Doesn't get better than that.

High Water from Hold Your Fire. GREAT song... lyrics are excellent. Find it on youtube with the lyrics scrolling.

I like the opening drum pattern and it starts off kind of nice but then song just sort of goes nowhere and I start to lose interest about 3 minutes into it

One of my personal favs has always been How It Is...I could've written that lyric about depression and hopelessness when I lived it being suddenly unemployed after so many years 4 years ago and spending all summer alone in my apt looking at job boards until my eyes bled while worrying about money nonstop
  • Like 5

One of my personal favs has always been How It Is...I could've written that lyric about depression and hopelessness when I lived it being suddenly unemployed after so many years 4 years ago and spending all summer alone in my apt looking at job boards until my eyes bled while worrying about money nonstop

How It Is is one of my favorites as well. Love the lyrics. Love the song.

• Like 3