Oh no, Wikipedia, you too ???

blueschica

Yeah, its said that for a while now. It won't be the same but I still think Geddy has more music in him to give. So, there's at least some solo stuff to come. Alex, I'm not sure about. I get the impression that he just wants to enjoy retirement, smoke weed and occasionally play as a guest here and there.
  • Like 1

Yeah, its said that for a while now. It won't be the same but I still think Geddy has more music in him to give. So, there's at least some solo stuff to come. Alex, I'm not sure about. I get the impression that he just wants to enjoy retirement, smoke weed and occasionally play as a guest here and there.

Alex has actually been more busy than Geddy from what I have seen. He has his acting gig and does guest appearances here and there.
  • Like 1

As their music is immortal, does it really matter if they are around? It doesn’t matter to me.
  • Like 3

Alex has actually been more busy than Geddy from what I have seen. He has his acting gig and does guest appearances here and there.

As far as working musically, yes that is true. But I've heard that Geddy has put a lot of effort into the book he has coming out soon (Not surprising as Geddy does nothing half-heartedly). It will be interesting to what happens now that the book is done.

• Like 4

Rush was a band.........then suddenly they all got back together,played a few new toons,and everyone lived happily ever after :codger:

You know, I love Rush. But I also live with the mindset that bands like Soundgarden, Chester-era Linkin Park, Tom Petty, The Beatles, Tarja-era Nightwish and many more are still alive and well and as exciting as ever, because the music lives in my heart and soul.

I don't need Rush to be immortal as a band, because the music has never left me, or us, or even the three band members themselves.

We still have over forty years of music and memories of Rush to explore, and love. We have tonnes of interviews, shows, live albums, photographs and first hand fan experiences to enjoy.

Rush may now be retired. But that doesn't remove the legacy. If anything knowing I will now NEVER see them live has only made the band more mysterious and special to me.

I caught them at the tail end of their career and it didn't once affect the exciting and bewildering journey that has been getting to know them, and the stories they told.

Even now I am returning to their older albums and hearing things I swear I have never heard before. Hemispheres has consumed my playlists lately, Signals finally grew on me. I've discovered so many amazing television performances and other live footage.

Yes they have likely settled into living their lives quietly, but very few bands have given us as much as our Rush.

When I reach the age of the band members now, they will a part of musical history out of reach forever except through what they left behind.

We need to realise that "we are only immortal for a limited time", but the music, the most important element of our Rush fandom, will live on forever in our hearts and minds.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 6

You know, I love Rush. But I also live with the mindset that bands like Soundgarden, Chester-era Linkin Park, Tom Petty, The Beatles, Tarja-era Nightwish and many more are still alive and well and as exciting as ever, because the music lives in my heart and soul.

I don't need Rush to be immortal as a band, because the music has never left me, or us, or even the three band members themselves.

We still have over forty years of music and memories of Rush to explore, and love. We have tonnes of interviews, shows, live albums, photographs and first hand fan experiences to enjoy.

Rush may now be retired. But that doesn't remove the legacy. If anything knowing I will now NEVER see them live has only made the band more mysterious and special to me.

I caught them at the tail end of their career and it didn't once affect the exciting and bewildering journey that has been getting to know them, and the stories they told.

Even now I am returning to their older albums and hearing things I swear I have never heard before. Hemispheres has consumed my playlists lately, Signals finally grew on me. I've discovered so many amazing television performances and other live footage.

Yes they have likely settled into living their lives quietly, but very few bands have given us as much as our Rush.

When I reach the age of the band members now, they will a part of musical history out of reach forever except through what they left behind.

We need to realise that "we are only immortal for a limited time", but the music, the most important element of our Rush fandom, will live on forever in our hearts and minds.

I had almost forgot what a great, sincere post looked like on this forum

thank you for reminding me !!

• Like 2

Thank you.

I just think that we were so lucky to have Rush for as long as we did, that it should be a time to celebrate, not mourn, Rush for letting themselves retire.

• Like 1

Thank you.

I just think that we were so lucky to have Rush for as long as we did, that it should be a time to celebrate, not mourn, Rush for letting themselves retire.

It was a great run .. and what makes their career even more special is that they went out while they were still relevant and playing great ..

As time has passed since the last tour, I'm realizing that the decision they made came with perfect timing