Top 5 Rush albums today anyway

Red3angel

Way out in front (three pretty much perfect albums, with Hemi being the least perfect but still my favorite because when its good there's nothing else like it)...

1. Hemispheres

2. Moving Pictures

3. PeW

Leading the rest of their '70s albums...

4. 2112

5. AFTK

1. Vapor Trails

2. A Farewell To Kings

3. Hemispheres

4. Moving Pictures

5. 2112

Random that I put 2112 in that day...must have been high.

Today, tomorrow and probably always my top 5 will be:

1. Permanent Waves

2. Hemispheres

3. A Farewell to Kings

4. Moving Pictures

5. 2112

All of the correct ones are there. Signals probably 5 and a half on my list...
  • Like 2

I guess this will increase my post count.

1. AFTK

2. PeW

2.5. MP

2.75. Signals

3. 2112

4. CA

5. PoW

You put non-classics Clockwork Angels and Power Windows over a classic Hemispheres? Can you explain me why?

He hasn't had his moment with Hemispheres yet...when that one hits it hits HARD!

Saying that I am finding Clockwork Angels more and more of a masterpiece as time goes on! Played it twice yesterday and it astonished me, whereas before it sounded really middle of the road.

To be honest the only album in his top seven (it's a foolish way to rate albums when it is obvious his top five doesmt feature the last two) that I would hesitate to out in is Signals.

Saying that I would have Roll The Bones and Vapor Trails...

To each their own!

Edited by Segue Myles

I guess this will increase my post count.

1. AFTK

2. PeW

2.5. MP

2.75. Signals

3. 2112

4. CA

5. PoW

You put non-classics Clockwork Angels and Power Windows over a classic Hemispheres? Can you explain me why?

He hasn't had his moment with Hemispheres yet...when that one hits it hits HARD!

Saying that I am finding Clockwork Angels more and more of a masterpiece as time goes on! Played it twice yesterday and it astonished me, whereas before it sounded really middle of the road.

To be honest the only album in his top seven (it's a foolish way to rate albums when it is obvious his top five doesmt feature the last two) that I would hesitate to out in is Signals.

Saying that I would have Roll The Bones and Vapor Trails...

To each their own!

La Villa is a masterpiece and Cygnus is a powerhouse that takes multiple listens to appreciate, in my opinion. So yes, it hits hard.

Clockwork Angels is my second favorite because there so many tracks that are just phenomenal. I believe Neil said that it turned out to be the album he had always wanted to create or something like that.