RushCamp! 2018

Empty Mindless Spectre

Just wanted to let everyone know about an event some friends of mine have put together for this coming Labor Day weekend. This is the 2nd Annual RushCamp, following last year's inaugural event which raised over $4,000 for the Overtime Angels Charity. Aside from meeting many awesome like-minded Rush fans, attendees will have the pleasure of seeing David Barrett, Brandon Dyke, and 2 excellent Rush tribute bands perform, one of which will feature guitar phenom Ayden Jacobs. David Barrett was also there last year, and aside from performing, was very approachable and met and had conversation with any attendee who was interested in talking and meeting him, and also played acoustic version of everyone's requested Rush songs around the camp fire, which I imagine will also happen again this year.

Also there will be a silent auction of many great donated Rush items, including some rare and/or never before seen photos donated by official Rush photographer Craig Amrenweck (spelling??), which have been signed by Neil, Geddy and Alex. Some of these photos will also be given as prizes in a raffle (which also includes an amazing Tama drum set). I believe raflle tickets can be bought online by attendees and non-attendees alike, but some of the photos will be held exclusively for RushCamp attendees to bid on in the silent auction. Details can be found at the website address below.

https://overtimeange...g/rushcamp2018/

If anyone is planning to attend, and would feel so inclined as to list my name in the "Recruited By" field in the ticket purchase web form, I would be most appreciative. (Please list my name as Bill Ges).

Thanks for reading, and hope to meet some of you there.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 3

Just wanted to let everyone know about an event some friends of mine have put together for this coming Labor Day weekend. This is the 2nd Annual RushCamp, following last year's inaugural event which raised over $4,000 for the Overtime Angels Charity. Aside from meeting many awesome like-minded Rush fans, attendees will have the pleasure of seeing David Barrett, Brandon Dyke, and 2 excellent Rush tribute bands perform, one of which will feature guitar phenom Ayden Jacobs. David Barrett was also there last year, and aside from performing, was very approachable and met and had conversation with any attendee who was interested in talking and meeting him, and also played acoustic version of everyone's requested Rush songs around the camp fire, which I imagine will also happen again this year.

Also there will be a silent auction of many great donated Rush items, including some rare and/or never before seen photos donated by official Rush photographer Craig Amrenweck (spelling??), which have been signed by Neil, Geddy and Alex. Some of these photos will also be given as prizes in a raffle (which also includes an amazing Tama drum set). I believe raflle tickets can be bought online by attendees and non-attendees alike, but some of the photos will be held exclusively for RushCamp attendees to bid on in the silent auction. Details can be found at the website address below.

If anyone is planning to attend, and would feel so inclined as to list my name in the "Recruited By" field in the ticket purchase web form, I would be most appreciative. (Please list my name as Bill Ges).

Though I'm in range of this and I'm dying to see David Barrett that falls on the annual family party weekend. Win some lose some I guess.

• Like 1

Though I'm in range of this and I'm dying to see David Barrett that falls on the annual family party weekend. Win some lose some I guess.

I have wondered about the reasoning of having it over Labor Day as well. 3 day weekend makes it easier for some people I guess, but it's a busy weekend for a lot of people. :huh:

• Like 1

I think they only have a 3 or 4 week window of availability from the camp facility. They do it on Labor Day weekend to allow the extra day after to recuperate, unpack, etc. There are also contributing issues such as weather and football season. Doing it earlier increases the likelihood of heat and rain, and one week later is the start of football season. I wish you both could make it as I always love meeting other Rush loyalists, but understandably family commitments will take precedence. Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 1

I think they only have a 3 or 4 week window of availability from the camp facility. They do it on Labor Day weekend to allow the extra day after to recuperate, unpack, etc. There are also contributing issues such as weather and football season. Doing it earlier increases the likelihood of heat and rain, and one week later is the start of football season. I wish you both could make it as I always love meeting other Rush loyalists, but understandably family commitments will take precedence.

Football never figures into anything I might decide to do.

I think they only have a 3 or 4 week window of availability from the camp facility. They do it on Labor Day weekend to allow the extra day after to recuperate, unpack, etc. There are also contributing issues such as weather and football season. Doing it earlier increases the likelihood of heat and rain, and one week later is the start of football season. I wish you both could make it as I always love meeting other Rush loyalists, but understandably family commitments will take precedence.

Me neither...starting last season anyway.

Never has for me....ever.

Never has for me....ever.

It would figure into my plans, just because I have a couple of buddies I've been watching Eagles games with since we were 18-19 years old. We might miss a game occasionally, but never opening day. I honestly almost edited that out after thinking about it, because I really don't think it was a factor in choosing a date. It mostly comes down to the camp only being available for the few weeks around labor day, and the organizers wanting the the extra day to disassemble and recuperate.

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 2