Neil's Raindance Over the Rockies: Across the Rocky Mountains by Bicycle 5-chapter excerpt now online

Jag2112

Wow so many jerks in the comments lmao

Just you, actually.

How am I a jerk thou??

Like fr I'm not, I am one of the nicest persons you will ever meet!!

You're so nice, you ghost your friends and drag their name through the dirt on TOST

No I do not, seriously don't start trying to make this thread about me, because I don't want that.

You did a pretty good job by pulling a Zumbi and calling 90% of the thread jerks.

"A Zumbi" lol...

God that thread with him was infamous.

What a strange guy he was. R.I.P.

• Like 1

Just you, actually.

How am I a jerk thou??

You're so nice, you ghost your friends and drag their name through the dirt on TOST

No I do not, seriously don't start trying to make this thread about me, because I don't want that.

You did a pretty good job by pulling a Zumbi and calling 90% of the thread jerks.

"A Zumbi" lol...

Zumbi died?

Not that I heard; he was just here last week posting about something. Life has been crazy lately and I felt bad I didn't have time to say hi right then.

• Like 1

Just you, actually.

How am I a jerk thou??

"A Zumbi" lol...

Zumbi died?

Not that I heard; he was just here last week posting about something. Life has been crazy lately and I felt bad I didn't have time to say hi right then.

He has said he doesn't like spending much time here anymore, and that he's more active on his Lita Ford Forum or whatever.

But he does pop in here from time to time, ain't bad.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

Just you, actually.

How am I a jerk thou??

"A Zumbi" lol...

Zumbi died?

He has said he doesn't like spending much time here anymore, and that he's more active on his Lita Ford Forum or whatever.

I can believe that! He always did like Lita a lot! :LOL:

• Like 1

Just you, actually.

How am I a jerk thou??

"A Zumbi" lol...

Zumbi died?

I can believe that! He always did like Lita a lot! :LOL:

He still does actually.

• Like 1

Olivia will probably write her first paper when she goes back to school on 'what I did this summer'. I think that would be a more interesting and much, much more concise read.

Olivia's summer actually started off very well as she made some new friends but unfortunately she was forbidden to play with them because Neil was worried that they might be Rush fans.
  • Like 1

Thanks Jag 2112. I found Neil's writing interesting at times and like the others here, dull at times. It might be nice to read eventually... :laughing guy: :D Will comment when I do :cool: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Here's why Neil is a high ranking douchebag when it comes to fans and books. The average book only needs to sell between 3,000 to 5,000 copies to be considered profitable. So he's sold enough books not to be dumped by his publisher. I'm guessing at least 90% of his sales go to Rush fans who want to hear more about the band, rather than passing mentions of "the guys at work". So he's f***ing over the very people he relies on for his sales, because he knows there's enough diehard dweebs out there to buy whatever he puts his name on. For that he can f**k off and go to Hell. I bought one book, Ghost Rider, and after 20 pages I was skipping every letter to Brutus. It was utter shit. I sold it to a co-worker for about 2 bucks less than I paid for it and still feel ripped off.

Never again.

• Like 1

As most fans know, Neil authored several books in the 1980's that he privately published and distributed to friends and families. One of those books, Raindance Over the Rockies: Across the Rocky Mountains by Bicycle, came into my possession recently. As I've done with several of his other privately published books, I've transcribed the first five chapters of the novel and made it available here:

https://www.cygnus-x...the-rockies.php

It's an interesting read, particularly if you're interested in cycling, however there are some Rush-related tidbits as well...

Enjoy-

Thanks. I think I read an except of this online before but it may have only been the first chapter. This one's a bit further along. Thanks for posting. Decent read.

As most fans know, Neil authored several books in the 1980's that he privately published and distributed to friends and families. One of those books, Raindance Over the Rockies: Across the Rocky Mountains by Bicycle, came into my possession recently. As I've done with several of his other privately published books, I've transcribed the first five chapters of the novel and made it available here:

It's an interesting read, particularly if you're interested in cycling, however there are some Rush-related tidbits as well...

Enjoy-

Thanks. I think I read an except of this online before but it may have only been the first chapter. This one's a bit further along. Thanks for posting. Decent read.

Really? The excerpt in the link reads like a parody of his books/later work. Or maybe just like them, it's hard to tell the difference.

Enjoy-

Really? The excerpt in the link reads like a parody of his books/later work. Or maybe just like them, it's hard to tell the difference.

Well it's not the best thing he's ever done, but it's not horrible. Kind of like Fly By Night in that way. The better stuff would come much later.

Enjoy-

Well it's not the best thing he's ever done, but it's not horrible. Kind of like Fly By Night in that way. The better stuff would come much later.

Steven Wright reading an auto manual would be more stimulating than Sam Kinison that excerpt.

Here's why Neil is a high ranking douchebag when it comes to fans and books. The average book only needs to sell between 3,000 to 5,000 copies to be considered profitable. So he's sold enough books not to be dumped by his publisher. I'm guessing at least 90% of his sales go to Rush fans who want to hear more about the band, rather than passing mentions of "the guys at work". So he's f***ing over the very people he relies on for his sales, because he knows there's enough diehard dweebs out there to buy whatever he puts his name on. For that he can f**k off and go to Hell. I bought one book, Ghost Rider, and after 20 pages I was skipping...

I skipped most of tgat stuff, too. I did enjoy most of Ghost Rider, though, both for the emotional aspects of it and for the travel log. I'm familiar with a lot of the places he visited.
  • Like 2