Chicago Style is Casserole

JohnRogers

Is it time for another Chicago vs NY Pizza thread?

No.

How about a Rush vs Carly Rae Jepsen thread instead?

Why ‘no’?

Because debating the musical merits of Rush v Jepsen is a closer call. For example, there is no parallel blot on Jepsen's career to the synth era.

So you think Chicago pizza votes will murder NY pizza votes?

Not sure, but it doesn't matter, just like selling more singles of Call Me Maybe than of La Villa Strangiato doesn't make the former song better.

Well, I’m not talking about “better”. I’m only curious about which is more loved. :unsure:

All I know is is that I love both and choosing one over the other will be a struggle. :yes:

I think I’ll go make that poll in a little while. :hail:

New Haven pizza is the best pizza in the world. Don't even argue.

OK, I won't bother, but one Google search for New Haven pizza images is more than enough to make an ironclad case against your assertion.

:LOL:

About a decade back, Tick was going on about New Haven pizza. I truly remember. :yes:

He went into such a frenzy that he ended up buying all the pizza in that store for the next three months after posting here. I’d say he loves that pizza but that’d be a major understatement.

• Like 1

Rumors have dogged Rahm Emanuel for years that he uses tax payer’s dollars to have Gerry’s of Hoboken, NJ ship pizza packed in dry ice to his residence in Chicago.
  • Like 1

Thick or thin, it’s rare that pizza isn’t good to me. It’s when they start adding absurd toppings that I start to turn my nose up.

What’s “absurd” toppings?

Tuna.

Mayo.

Seaweed.

Corn.

Boiled or fried egg.

The smell of tuna mayo seaweed corn egg pizza might as well be bunghole on pizza. Nasty!

I’ve been to Johns Pizza Co once that they had peanut butter inside the crust and it’s awful. As someone with Italian heritage on my moms side, I’m fired up like Sonny Corleone. Artichoke is an underrated topping, though.

And, yes, I get the irony that James Caan isn’t Italian in real life.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

There are only two types of pizza, authentic NY style pizza and fake pizza.

This from the doke that believes Zelix is a god. PUHLEESE

TUathWX.jpg

If you’ve never had Gino’s East or Lou Malnati’s deep dish, you haven’t had the best deep dish. The stuff is amazing.

Pizzeria Uno is dog food compared to Gino’s or Lou’s, yet it’s Pizzeria Uno’s That I see outside of Illinois. :facepalm:

• Like 1

If you’ve never had Gino’s East or Lou Malnati’s deep dish, you haven’t had the best deep dish. The stuff is amazing.

Pizzeria Uno is dog food compared to Gino’s or Lou’s, yet it’s Pizzeria Uno’s That I see outside of Illinois. :facepalm:

FIND A LOCATION NEAR YOU

https://www.ginoseas...m/all-locations

ALTO POLANCO, MX - ATLANTA - NASHVILLE - REFORMA, MX - PHOENIX- SOUTH HAVEN

"We've opened our first location in Mexico City! We offer our traditional menu favorites in Chicago but also cater to the local tastes in Mexico City. We source our fresh ingredients locally, including our 100 percent mozzarella cheese and add ingredients from the Mexican cuisine such as roasted poblano peppers, chorizo and the classic Mexico City favorite, Pastor meat."

Edited by goose

It's pizza ingredients in different layers than NY style. Some people like it, some don't. Like everything else. Don't be a bigot about it. It's FOOD, damnit!

DpKg2QN.gif

:goodone:

I don't understand food snobery. We have a restaurant here that makes brick over fired Naples pizza. They actually use ingredients from Italy. It's really good but it's not American pizza. My sister thinks it's the only "authentic" pizza restaurant and because of this, it serves the best pizza. Who cares!

Naples pizza wouldn't exist without tomatoes from the Americas so it's all a silly discussion. I love Chicago deep-dish. I love Naples pizza and I love NY style. They're all good if made right. My favorite out of those three is the Chicago style, but that's my personal opinion. It is a very heavy pizza and I would weigh 300 lbs if I ate it as much as I would want to. The Naples pizza is very light and uses crushed tomatoes instead of marinara. I really like that as well and it's not nearly as fattening.

• Like 2

Is it time for another Chicago vs NY Pizza thread?

Isn’t this it?

Where do you stand on pineapple as a topping?

Karen likes Hawaiian pizza (ham and pineapple)but I can't stand it. And while I'm here,

I'm going to give a vote for Detroit style square pizza ! All hail Buddy's!

• Like 1

I get my Pizza from JETS, a chain that started in '89 or so, their best is square or rectangular deep dish, although they make an EXCELLENT NY Style Bold Fold hand tossed thin, with spicy pepperoni.

RJqdzAu.jpg

I had an authentic Chicago style pizza in Chicago a couple of years ago. I can't remember the exact details, but the normal order was something silly like two slices. I laughed and got the next size up. After about two and a half slices, I was the "fullest" I have ever been!
  • Like 2