Patrick Stewart is boldly going where he has been before

JohnRogers

"Star Trek: The Next Generation ran for seven seasons and more than 170 episodes, earning 19 Emmys and a Peabody Award. Stewart would go on to star in a pair of Star Trek features — 1998's Star Trek: Insurrection and 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis as Picard."

Two features? Try four. Not the toughest thing to research, you know?

• Like 4

I'm both excited and terrified about this announcement. On one hand, Picard is just about my favorite fictional character ever, and I'd love to see him again. On the other, I worry about the damage they could do to his legacy if they fail to execute.

Please, please, please get him right.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 4

Oh boy, if this works out I will be very happy. Jean Luc-Picard is one of my favorite characters of all time in Sci Fi :dweez:
  • Like 1

"Star Trek: The Next Generation ran for seven seasons and more than 170 episodes, earning 19 Emmys and a Peabody Award. Stewart would go on to star in a pair of Star Trek features — 1998's Star Trek: Insurrection and 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis as Picard."

Two features? Try four. Not the toughest thing to research, you know?

It looks like they corrected the error.

Stewart would go on to star in a number of Star Trek features — including 1998's Star Trek: Insurrection and 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis as Picard.

Without anyone from the Next Generation cast to be with him, Captain Jean-Luc Picard will have a brief return. The series will be cancelled soon enough.

I was excited to see this when it popped up on my feed on Facebook yesterday. Star Trek needs a kick in the pants and this could do it. I hate that it’s going to be on CBS All Access though.
  • Like 1

Without anyone from the Next Generation cast to be with him, Captain Jean-Luc Picard will have a brief return. The series will be cancelled soon enough.

Why? I don’t think he necessarily needs the rest of the NG crew to have a successful series.

Jean-Luc Picard was an excellent Star Trek character, but just like James T. Kirk, he was part of an ensemble that really clicked. Neither series would have survived without the excellent supporting characters.

Just my opinion, of course, but I don’t think it’s possible to recapture the greatness of The Next Generation. Not with Picard and a bunch of new characters.

Why? I don’t think he necessarily needs the rest of the NG crew to have a successful series.

Jean-Luc Picard was an excellent Star Trek character, but just like James T. Kirk, he was part of an ensemble that really clicked. Neither series would have survived without the excellent supporting characters.

Just my opinion, of course, but I don’t think it’s possible to recapture the greatness of The Next Generation. Not with Picard and a bunch of new characters.

I see.

Tbh, The only TNG characters I liked were Picard and Worf. Most of the others were just kind of there: Jordi, the doctors, the babe empath whatever, etc. I know Data was popular but he meant nothing to me other than being a reverse version of Spock. And don’t get me started on Wesley. TNG movies are 1-3 with me.

As far as chemistry goes, I don’t think anything comes close to the Kirk, Spock, and Bones interaction/relation. And that’s even with Shatner’s crap overacting! It still worked!

• Like 1

I see.

Tbh, The only TNG characters I liked were Picard and Worf. Most of the others were just kind of there: Jordi, the doctors, the babe empath whatever, etc. I know Data was popular but he meant nothing to me other than being a reverse version of Spock. And don’t get me started on Wesley. TNG movies are 1-3 with me.

As far as chemistry goes, I don’t think anything comes close to the Kirk, Spock, and Bones interaction/relation. And that’s even with Shatner’s crap overacting! It still worked!

Most of the Next Generation cast is "looking for work" I suppose we'll see them in a new show.

:LOL:

Maybe Riker will finally have his own ship.

Edited by JohnRogers

I fully agree. Scotty, Uhura, Sulu and Chekov, along with Yeoman Janice Rand and a few other recurring characters were unbeatable as supporting characters.

I was a big fan of The Next Generation, but I readily admit that the crew and overall vibe were too often stoic, passionless, and boring.

I love TNG. Hopefully, this series will give Picard and the rest of the characters the closure they deserve.

yes as opposed to Nemesis.

I fell asleep for about 15-20 minutes in the cinema watching Nemesis.

Grade: F

It was a blatant repeat/ripoff of Wrath of Khan. The cast even said afterwords that the director was clueless.

I'm both excited and terrified about this announcement. On one hand, Picard is just about my favorite fictional character ever, and I'd love to see him again. On the other, I worry about the damage they could do to his legacy if they fail to execute.

Please, please, please get him right.

I'm with you, but I think Stewart would ditch the project rather than tarnish the legacy of The Picard.

I love TNG. Hopefully, this series will give Picard and the rest of the characters the closure they deserve.

yes as opposed to Nemesis.

I fell asleep for about 15-20 minutes in the cinema watching Nemesis.

Grade: F

It's a lot like ST:V, a poor movie with some really good scenes. The scimitar battles are really outstanding by Trek standards.