A thread for EP

I've mentioned that I am an amateur musician in the past, and this thread shall be a thread where I will post things that I've done.

here's one:

• Like 5

Get Back To The Sun

Really good song. I was expecting a Beatles mashup ("Get Back", "Here Comes The Sun"), but this is even better!

• Like 2

Get Back To The Sun

Really good song. I was expecting a Beatles mashup ("Get Back", "Here Comes The Sun"), but this is even better!

Thanks!

You have decent song writing skills, man!

JfBqEb7.jpg

Thanks so much! :D

You're quite welcome! I used to write stuff on my Parent's upright Piano all the Time before I moved out and eventually got Married. I need to get myself a good polyphonic keyboard...

S3VtkyU.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Very messy...yes very messy indeed. The drums particularly...however, it's probably my best written song.

• Like 1

This one is a bit messy too ;). But I'm hearing a lot of good ideas, interesting vocal delivery, and a retro/low-fi vibe that's had some resurgence lately (so there's probably listeners out there)/ That said, the production is really tough to overcome and I don't mean as a music snob. The acoustic high notes, because of the filter/effect you're using, scratches my ear drums in an unpleasant way, and the vocals are perhaps a bit too low fi and clunk-ily tracked at times. Are you doing this digitally? It *sounds* like an old 4 track cassette recording in execution, but I don't hear the tape hiss I would expect.

This one is a bit messy too ;). But I'm hearing a lot of good ideas, interesting vocal delivery, and a retro/low-fi vibe that's had some resurgence lately (so there's probably listeners out there)/ That said, the production is really tough to overcome and I don't mean as a music snob. The acoustic high notes, because of the filter/effect you're using, scratches my ear drums in an unpleasant way, and the vocals are perhaps a bit too low fi and clunk-ily tracked at times. Are you doing this digitally? It *sounds* like an old 4 track cassette recording in execution, but I don't hear the tape hiss I would expect.

Oh wow I never saw this, yeah I'm literally using my laptop microphone and GarageBand for everything. I don't have access to better recording gear.

• Like 1

Anyway here's something new! It's called Starburst Filter.

it's rather schizophrenic, and suffers from that same awful production, oh well, I like the song inside.

To be honest with you, despite having some good ideas, your stuff is almost unlistenable....There isn't really an excuse for this as Garageband is satisfactory (though not great) and you can pick up a simple guitar midi to usb interface for next to nothing.

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and-Computers/M-Audio-USB-Uno-1x-USB-MIDI-Interface/18JT?origin=product-ads&campaign=PLA+Shop+-+GENERIC&adgroup=GENERIC&medium=vertical_search&network=google&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=57737d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=567873676275&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgKzwBRCjARIsABBbFuhuJNZ3Sc7yNLFx2qT823_exr7_tJxt_Pu8n6Zi4tTDzlh5Q3hDAuIaAlAcEALw_wcB

You need to spend a bit more time exploring your DAW and setting things up than you are doing and learn a bit more about mixing.....Stoopid has helped me immensely with this and I would recommend you avail yourself of his offer of help.

To be honest with you, despite having some good ideas, your stuff is almost unlistenable....There isn't really an excuse for this as Garageband is satisfactory (though not great) and you can pick up a simple guitar midi to usb interface for next to nothing.

https://www.gear4mus...uIaAlAcEALw_wcB

You need to spend a bit more time exploring your DAW and setting things up than you are doing and learn a bit more about mixing.....Stoopid has helped me immensely with this and I would recommend you avail yourself of his offer of help.

Hey man, it's just a hobby. Thank you for the constructive criticism, I do take it to heart, but you should know I'm not trying to please anyone but myself with this stuff. I hardly even know why I post it here, but it's not really to ask for advice.

Hey man, it's just a hobby. Thank you for the constructive criticism, I do take it to heart, but you should know I'm not trying to please anyone but myself with this stuff. I hardly even know why I post it here, but it's not really to ask for advice.

You put it in the public domain therefore anyone can comment.....listen to advice or ignore, it's your call....

You put it in the public domain therefore anyone can comment.....listen to advice or ignore, it's your call....

True. I suppose I had hoped people who cared to comment would look past the fact that all I have to record with is a laptop with its built in speaker and Garageband, and instead would comment on the quality (or lack thereof) of the songs themselves.

True. I suppose I had hoped people who cared to comment would look past the fact that all I have to record with is a laptop with its built in speaker and Garageband, and instead would comment on the quality (or lack thereof) of the songs themselves.

Both Stoopid and I did actually.....and as far as your recording set up goes then you could vastly improve it for very little outlay....I know people who use garageband with perfectly reasonable results.......believe me, you will get much more satisfactionn from your stuff if you care a little about the sound.