Captain D-bag's latest book: Far And Wide

edhunter

gMynkeN.jpg

I don't recall saying I was tired of them. I do recall saying I you're not very good at it. Your own meme proves my point. But by all means....carry on. I'm sure the religious guy who took your lunch money and your girlfriend moved on decades ago...

gMynkeN.jpg

I don't recall saying I was tired of them. I do recall saying I you're not very good at it. Your own meme proves my point. But by all means....carry on. I'm sure the religious guy who took your lunch money and your girlfriend moved on decades ago...

You guys are acting like you don't know each other.

gMynkeN.jpg

• Like 1

gMynkeN.jpg

I love that song!

gMynkeN.jpg

I know nothing. And no one....

That's not entirely true... I did meet ByTor in 2010, and Kev just by chance in 2010 as well. I also sold something on ebay before that to a buyer who turned out to be Didact.

The rest of you are just pigments of my imagination.

What's with the title, D-bag?

Yes, when did Peart's rank get reduced to captain?

:LOL:

Admiral D-Bag!

I think jarg was thinking he should be exactly one rank classification higher.

Think leaf instead of bars, or Hot Lips in MASH...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Admiral D-Bag!

So we’re talking land armies not naval forces? I’m majorly confused.

• Like 2

Admiral D-Bag!

Well done, Ferret Face.

• Like 2

gMynkeN.jpg

I know nothing. And no one....

That's not entirely true... I did meet ByTor in 2010, and Kev just by chance in 2010 as well. I also sold something on ebay before that to a buyer who turned out to be Didact.

The rest of you are just pigments of my imagination.

I'd bet some are more colorful while others are more monochromatic.

• Like 1

I was accused of bashing the Catholic church on TRF because I brought up the fact that many priests have molested children and the church was letting it happen and covering the stories up. I just don't get stuff like that? How is that bashing the Catholic church?

Timely.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/grand-jury-report-about-catholic-priest-abuse-pennsylvania-shows-church-ncna900906

• Like 1

^^^ Well, those Mormon's are such a timid bunch.... ;)

...cue...3...2..

Sorry...Maine hasn't discovered the internet yet. I would say the same thing to Ford as I would to Neil. Religion bashing is fine. But if you want to be taken seriously, don't suck at it. They both do...

From a religious perspective, is there ANY religion bashing that would be considered good, especially that which is directed to the religion one is a part of? I bet if I was bashing Scientology, you'd cheer me on (by the way, it's all the same from a bashing perspective, just with different names).

Fine, just leave Flying Spaghetti Monsterism out of it. I have been touched by his noodly appendage. Ramen.

• Like 2

I was accused of bashing the Catholic church on TRF because I brought up the fact that many priests have molested children and the church was letting it happen and covering the stories up. I just don't get stuff like that? How is that bashing the Catholic church?

Timely.

https://www.nbcnews....urch-ncna900906

Not sure it would solve all those problems, but if priests were allowed to marry, like normal people, maybe they wouldn't turn to children for their sexual gratification.

• Like 1

^^^ Well, those Mormon's are such a timid bunch.... ;)

...cue...3...2..

Sorry...Maine hasn't discovered the internet yet. I would say the same thing to Ford as I would to Neil. Religion bashing is fine. But if you want to be taken seriously, don't suck at it. They both do...

From a religious perspective, is there ANY religion bashing that would be considered good, especially that which is directed to the religion one is a part of? I bet if I was bashing Scientology, you'd cheer me on (by the way, it's all the same from a bashing perspective, just with different names).

Fine, just leave Flying Spaghetti Monsterism out of it. I have been touched by his noodly appendage. Ramen.

Is there anyone, anywhere who thinks the whole FSM thing isn't completely played out at this point?

Timely.

Not sure it would solve all those problems, but if priests were allowed to marry, like normal people, maybe they wouldn't turn to children for their sexual gratification.

If they really wanted to keep it inside the church walls they should have told the priests to rape the nuns instead.
  • Like 1

Timely.

If they really wanted to keep it inside the church walls they should have told the priests to rape the nuns instead.

I don’t think most of them are into chicks.

• Like 2

Timely.

You think marriage might stop a molester?! Are you serious?

Timely.

You think marriage might stop a molester?! Are you serious?

Marriage won't stop a molester. What I think the argument is is that the church hierarchy, facing an acute shortage of priests, is so loath to lose the ones it has, a situation exacerbated or even caused by the stated, though obviously not adhered to, requirement of celibacy, that it covers up the cases of molestation it sees. Eliminating the requirement would therefore ease the shortage and allow these reprobates to be punished without causing shortages. This would then not give molesters this venue of easy access to kids and could cut down on the number of victims each molester would ruin the lives of.

I don't agree with this argument (no matter what the situation is, you deal with this type of odious behavior head on, no matter what it does to your viability as an organization, and even without this obvious moral stand, you could argue that it's best for the long term health of the organization to do the right thing and not expose yourself to just moral outrage, not to mention that it's antithetical to the teachings of the one you claim to be serving) but I think that's the gist of it.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Timely.

They could have at least tried to make that sacrifice, you know, for God n' all? I think the church would agree that it would be the Cristian thing to do. Edited by snowdogged

Timely.

They could have at least tried to make that sacrifice, you know, for God n' all.

Those that get into the priesthood for that reason DGAF about God, they're pure opportunists.

• Like 1

If Neil rides a motorcycle between shows, then does his bike turn into like a motorboat if Rush is playing in a different continent?
  • Like 2

The title of this thread... Captain D Bag? No wonder Neil stays away from fans whenever he can.
  • Like 4

The title of this thread... Captain D Bag? No wonder Neil stays away from fans whenever he can.

I don't really get it either but I don't think Neil would be quite so much offended as he would be confused that someone called him a duffel bag? Edited by snowdogged

I don't really get it either but I don't think Neil would be quite so much offended as he would be confused that someone called him a duffel bag?

Duffel bag?!...I thought it meant dime bag! But then I thought 'surely he has enough money to buy more than that by now'.

• Like 2

The review is wordy but nails most of why I don't enjoy Neil's books ( and I forced myself through three of them, hoping it would get better! 2 of them got lost and I mailed the third to someone on TRF.)

It always seems like he deeply wants to be accepted by ordinary people in his travels, or at least be seen as anything but a rock musician. Then he is sooooo judgemental of same people, what's up with that? I just couldn't get past that and didn't care for his books. IMO the parts where he is writing about his daughter Olivia are the only places that really ring true as he drops his judgement then. Those parts are lovely.

Well said. I enjoy the travel aspects of his books and obviously the touring/music/band aspects as well, but he CLEARLY looks down on people and also hates being recognized. I don't care how well read he is or how smart he thinks he is as opposed to the "commoners". You played drums for a living. Nothing earth changing there.

• Like 4